• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

<div class='quotemain'>

i'm gonna learn how to shout, "goddamnit ea, i passed the ball!" in portugese.

these are my priorities. [/b]
o damn de deus ele EA, eu passei a bola!
[/b][/quote]

you're a gentleman and scholar, evol.

wikipedia now says it includes NPC??? well it should be the air nz cup.

hahahaha as if

I just hope that they can put Wendall Sailor in the game, also the classic Jonah if they are having classic matches would be cool. AND GIVE LOTE DREADS! :bana:

Got some bad news guys... apparently there will be no next (current) gen Rugby 08. So it's just PC and PS2. Also 08 is basically 06 with the official World Cup and new rosters, same engine etc. Nothing wrong with that, but as fans of the series we probably want more.

Of course confirmation of this is needed, but I believe it.
[/b]

I'd believe it too since they've kept using the same engine for previous versions. Nothing wrong with that? Sure there is. It's really just an expansion, and after a few years we should be expecting more. I'm assuming that they won't fix the AI in which case that is it for me and EA rugby.

Kept using the same engine? Well yes the have for two versions. Thats all. Your post implies they've used it for several versions. '04 was a different one. Ok the current engine is dated, but it will suffice for one more PS2 version.

If you are saying that it'd be stupid to use it on any future next-gen versions, then I agree with you. Mind you, it then comes down to how well programmed a game-engine is.

did anyone ever play NFL 2k5?? that had a really good engine and i think that would be really good for a rugby game, as well as the controls.

Just watched a clip on game trailers websiteof a tour around EA Canada, it was showing some of the games that are coming out when after they stopped talking to this guy about a game on the wii, the camera spun around showed a card on the desk next to a tele saying Rugby 08. I quickly went back & managed to get the pic of this (This pic lasted 1 sec). On the picture you can just make out the game been shown, they are using an old crt, so it looks that if a 360 is gonna be released, It will be later on in the year.

gallery_48_2_28062.jpg

The article hasn't had the moderators on it yet though, so it's not too reliable.
[/b]

With this little bit in there I don't think any thing before it is nearly reliable:

Jonah Lomu has recently released information in an interview that he is to appear in the game as a gimp. Andrew Farrell however will not feature in the game as EA apparently cant make a texture flat enough to reflect the pan-ness of his actual face.[/b]

:lol2tn:

Kept using the same engine? Well yes the have for two versions. Thats all. Your post implies they've used it for several versions. '04 was a different one. Ok the current engine is dated, but it will suffice for one more PS2 version.

If you are saying that it'd be stupid to use it on any future next-gen versions, then I agree with you. Mind you, it then comes down to how well programmed a game-engine is.
[/b]

Wasn't aware that '04 was different (I came in at '05). It won't bother me much as long as they fix the AI, but they probably won't. Any new features they put in (like offloads for '06) will be nice but the gameplay will ultimately get repetitive and boring. It's a shame the industry is controlled by the bean counters as it means all we'll get is a slightly improved version of the previous game.

Back to the AI, I can't believe that they will produce games with such poor AI. It can't be that hard to program the players to hold a defensive line or for the flyhalf to make intelligent decisions (he'll usually kick for one half, run the other?!?).

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Wasn't aware that '04 was different (I came in at '05). It won't bother me much as long as they fix the AI, but they probably won't. Any new features they put in (like offloads for '06) will be nice but the gameplay will ultimately get repetitive and boring. It's a shame the industry is controlled by the bean counters as it means all we'll get is a slightly improved version of the previous game.

Back to the AI, I can't believe that they will produce games with such poor AI. It can't be that hard to program the players to hold a defensive line or for the flyhalf to make intelligent decisions (he'll usually kick for one half, run the other?!?). [/b][/quote]

Try watching Spencer playing for Northampton (in real life)... That's pretty much his game plan! :lol:

Gamespot has listed Rugby 08 with the 23rd July as the release date.

No info yet, will check it regularly for any updates.

Latest posts