• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

More speculation about a possible 360 version here.
[/b]

"a ***le HB Studios confirmed they’re working on as of last month"

Does that mean they started working on it last month or they acknowledged the ***le last month ?

Strange how Gameplanet only have PS2 and PC versions listed.

I have a feeling were on for PS2 and PC initially and then maybe 360 to follow depending on how the ***le is received.

Hope not though as im gagging for a 360 version with live play.

<div class='quotemain'>
More speculation about a possible 360 version here.
[/b]

"a ***le HB Studios confirmed they’re working on as of last month"

Does that mean they started working on it last month or they acknowledged the ***le last month ?

Strange how Gameplanet only have PS2 and PC versions listed.

I have a feeling were on for PS2 and PC initially and then maybe 360 to follow depending on how the ***le is received.

Hope not though as im gagging for a 360 version with live play.
[/b][/quote]

It means that last month HB confirmed they have been working on the game. They didn't start making it last month - hope that helps!

I've got a funny feeling that Rugby 08 will only be released on PS2, Xbox & PC

I've not given up hope for a 360 version yet, but something tells me otherwise! :(

I've not given up hope for a 360 version yet, but something tells me otherwise! :(
[/b]

Or even worse, PS2 and PC.

The xbox is dead while PS2 still sells high volumes of hardware. If they arnt going to make a 360 version, will they skip the xbox altogether?

How much work is involved in coding an xbox version alongside the PS2/PC version? Is it basically the same code as the PC set to take account of the specific hardware in the xbox?

[/b]
I reckon the 360 will get the game Along with the PS2 and PC. I can't see an xbox version being made.

Well I'm hoping for another pc version so I can at least edit the rosters properly. And pray that there is moddable AI/gameplay.

[/b]

I may be wrong, but it may be better for the game if they stick to ps2 and PC for the moment - I can't remeber where I read it but apparantly converting it to next generation is a big step, meaning that less time is spent actually improving the game. its a bit kike madden 2007 for the xbox 360. this game was a big step back IMO.

<div class='quotemain'>
sick!!!!!!!!!

if its on xbox360 then there should be some cool achievement points to unlock
[/b]
how do i get my gamertag pic on here like yours?!?!
[/b][/quote]

go to http://profile.mygamercard.net/ and type in you gamertag and select a theme (click on card gallery to see the different themes) then click on generate code.
in the screen below will be tabs that will give you code for your forum, desktop etc signature

they must move forward eventually

they better do it now, instead of in 2009

will just delay the overall progress of the franchise

if they hold back in 2008

we get a shoddy next gen version in 2009

if they do it now, it may be shoddy in 2008, but 2009 will be nice n ripe for pickings

am sick to death of hearing developers claiming holding it back for current gen keeps the faith...if anything it makes them more money and holds back the overall progress of a franchise

it may cost them more money and we may cop a crap port - but alteast its a step in the forward direction

Does anyone know if there has been ANY mention at all of it appearing on the handheld consoles, PSP or DS. Man I would love to have rugby 08 on a mobile platform, so I could have a quick game at the game during halftime. Could be cool for those traveling to France for WC, they can get their rugby fix on the go. Yeeha!

That is such a brilliant idea, that I would explode should it happen. My guess is sadly, no.

Nothing so far indicates a portable version. The fools!

Does anyone know if there has been ANY mention at all of it appearing on the handheld consoles, PSP or DS. Man I would love to have rugby 08 on a mobile platform, so I could have a quick game at the game during halftime. Could be cool for those traveling to France for WC, they can get their rugby fix on the go. Yeeha!
[/b]
A PSP version would rock. I would definately get a PSP for that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Latest posts