• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

<div class='quotemain'>
I'm 100% Certain there won't be a handheld version of Rugby 08
[/b]

I wouldn't be so sure. ;)
[/b][/quote]

Wont happen. If it does I will buy you a Saints season ticket. :D

ak47, EA will keep to what gives them the best bang for buck. Ie make the game as cheaply as possible while still selling well. We'll probably see a graphics update, some new features but probably the same old buggy gameplay, that mainly being terrible AI. Kind of ironic since most of us would prefer them to fix the AI at the expense of graphics...

Although a handheld version is probably not even being considered by EA, if they were to make one I reckon a rugby 7's game would be the go.....trying to cram 30 players onto a handheld screen isnt a good idea.

There is no rugby '08 for PSP but there is talk of future games on psp - locks knows I am always right

There is no rugby '08 for PSP but there is talk of future games on psp - locks knows I am always right
[/b]

How can you ALWAYS be right when you support Wigan? :blink:

[/quote]

And whats wrong in supporting Wigan :p

And whats wrong in supporting Wigan :p
[/quote]

It would take too long to explain m8. :lol:

On the CD universe site, I've found the following:

Rugby 08 Playstation 2 (PS2)
Regular Price: $29.99
Sale Price: $28.95 SALE
Pre-Order Now Add to Wish List
Scheduled to release Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives.
Format: Playstation

Email a Friend

Detailed Information
List Price $29.99 (You save $1.04)
Category Playstation 2, Sports
Manuf. Electronic Arts
CDU Part# 7431443
Discs 1
Street Date Jul 25, 2007[/b]

I'm looking for other consoles (and handhelds) on the same site....
Nope... I can only find it for ps2 :unsure:

Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives.

Email a Friend

Detailed Information
Manuf. Electronic Arts
CDU Part# 7431443
Discs 1

[/b]

Surely to god not PS2 only? I would have to fall on my sword if that were the case.
I would imagine PS2 outsold xbox and PC by a considerable margin, I wouldnt put this past EA.

Amazon although it lists it as 07 has it for PC and PS2. I honestly dont think there will be an xbox version, I also have an increasing feeling that there wont be a 360 version either.

I honestly think this is going to be PS2 and PC only.

<div class='quotemain'>

Email a Friend

Detailed Information
Manuf. Electronic Arts
CDU Part# 7431443
Discs 1

[/b]

Surely to god not PS2 only? I would have to fall on my sword if that were the case.
I would imagine PS2 outsold xbox and PC by a considerable margin, I wouldnt put this past EA.

Amazon although it lists it as 07 has it for PC and PS2. I honestly dont think there will be an xbox version, I also have an increasing feeling that there wont be a 360 version either.

I honestly think this is going to be PS2 and PC only.
[/b][/quote]
thank god we all have PS2s huh? haha

July would be awesome, god damn I love rugby :D

Doesn't really matter unless they improve the game AI. I can get past the auto rucks, the poor mauls, the dive tackles and even super kick Carter but unless they fix the AI (offense and defense, player team AI and opposing team AI) then the game will quickly become boring for me.

The only reason I would be happy to see it on the 360 is that it would vastly increases the chances that Rugby 08 will have online play. Here's hoping.

Mate, if HB studios put in the same effort that the Madden team is to improve that games gameplay, we could be in for one hell of an improvement over Rugby 06.
But as we all know they can be all talk and no results so the expectations will be kept low until feature lists for Rugby 08 appear.

Mate, if HB studios put in the same effort that the Madden team is to improve that games gameplay, we could be in for one hell of an improvement over Rugby 06.
But as we all know they can be all talk and no results so the expectations will be kept low until feature lists for Rugby 08 appear.
[/b]

Lets just hope they dont go backwards ala Rugby League 2.

The fifa engine did a lot of the hard work for them last time, lets see how they push on with 08.

Just don't expect too much. Rugby will always be well behind FIFA and Madden in terms of quality thanks to a much smaller market.

Latest posts