• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

can't wait.Amazon claims its coming out in october/november. But that would be pointless. I think July September seems right to rake in money for world cup. Hope fulyy its coming out soon. I need a new rugby game. Xbox 360 Rugby here we come. OOOOOh think of the graphics and realism. OOOOOMMMMLPH!

i wouldny be surpised to see it july, if the press are getting first looks in june, thena month away doesnt seem to far fetched, i remember rugby 06, first look was jan, then out in march, its usually a 4 to 10 week wait after its been released to the press

i cant wait!!

im still really enjoying rugby 06!!

Just don't expect too much. Rugby will always be well behind FIFA and Madden in terms of quality thanks to a much smaller market.
[/b]

Yes but why is the market so much smaller, if you think about NFL, it's pretty much only a national sport (Yes I know it is played elsewhere, but on a tiny scale comparatively) while Rugby is international? Is it because the Madden games have been coming out for so long that it has built up a huge fan base for the virtual rather than "actual" game over the years or is it because the majority of rugby fans aren't interested in playing the game on a console.
FIFA of course I can understand.

<div class='quotemain'>
Just don't expect too much. Rugby will always be well behind FIFA and Madden in terms of quality thanks to a much smaller market.
[/b]

Yes but why is the market so much smaller, if you think about NFL, it's pretty much only a national sport (Yes I know it is played elsewhere, but on a tiny scale comparatively) while Rugby is international? Is it because the Madden games have been coming out for so long that it has built up a huge fan base for the virtual rather than "actual" game over the years or is it because the majority of rugby fans aren't interested in playing the game on a console.
FIFA of course I can understand.
[/b][/quote]

by smaller market he means 'shifts less copies'. madden might be a minoriy sport in the uk but the game will outsell rugby here a few times over.

300 Million Americans - If you took all the 6 Nations and Tri Nations Populations and put them together would they even add up to that?

And Madden sells well overseas - in New Zealand it usually hits No. 1 on the Sales Charts when it comes out.

300 Million Americans - If you took all the 6 Nations and Tri Nations Populations and put them together would they even add up to that?

And Madden sells well overseas - in New Zealand it usually hits No. 1 on the Sales Charts when it comes out.
[/b]

approx pops

uk 60 million
france 60 million
ireland 4 million
italy 55 million

so about half.

i would imagine madden outsells rugby 30-1 across the world at least

I think its just another string to EA's bow as such. They have unlimited resourses so why not. If they were purely after cash, they would just commision another FPS instead of doing a rugby ***le.

Its just a shame that rugby league doesnt seem to figure on their radar. :(

yeah, youd think it would be an easy conversion. i guess since sidhe seem to tave cut the cord, it might be a possibility what with the league world cup coming? altho that tourney is a bit of a joke as far as participation goes.

rugby league aint as globally popular as union though, and to be fair, if they aint making a bundle of cash on the union games, then im sure theyd find it very hard to break even on a league game.

It's got to the stage with Rugby League World Cups that the teams outside of the big three should be able to pick a couple of Australian players that didn't quite make the Aussie squad, lol. It'd be a little more competitive!

It's got to the stage with Rugby League World Cups that the teams outside of the big three should be able to pick a couple of Australian players that didn't quite make the Aussie squad, lol. It'd be a little more competitive!
[/b]

sounds a bit like the AB's and all their tongans n somoans :p :bleh!: :bleh!: :bleh!: :p

i wont mention fijians, or rocketmen :p :bleh!:

Good thing you didn't mention the Rocketman, would've looked like a bit of a dick when it was pointed out that he has lived in NZ for 19 years...

Good thing you didn't mention the Rocketman, would've looked like a bit of a dick when it was pointed out that he has lived in NZ for 19 years...
[/b]

i love it - i knew a get a few nibbles - this is on the first cast!!!

re-baiting

We will claim Israel Folau!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont you worry about him..........Tru Blue Aussie!!!!!!! - Seriously born in Sydney 1989 (farken hell 1989, how old am i getting, this kid hasnt seen the 1989 GF - the greatest of them all)

Karmichael Hunt, Willie Mason <---------these punks were born in NZ werent they???..............*** for tat Rocketman

Willie Mason, you can have him - he talks like one of you and he's thick as a brick - a true blue Aussie.

And Karmichael Hunt came up through the Aussie system? He's a pussy and is vastly overated anyway. Whatever happened to that cousin of his who was having a cry because he wasn't allowed to play Rugby since he was too big.

Yes i agree with ur comments, but u cant deny Mason can play, cant talk

its going off topic a bit i am sorry but this Israel Folau is going to be the greatest winger any code of football has ever seen

Israel Folau deserves his own section in the league threads.

Mods - I request an Israel Folau sticky in rugby league section..i kid u not if u dont know about him yet, u'll have him tattooed on your most prized possesions in 5 years

A deadset freak in the making.....makes SBW look like immaterial matter

Yes i agree with ur comments, but u cant deny Mason can play, cant talk

its going off topic a bit i am sorry but this Israel Folau is going to be the greatest winger any code of football has ever seen

Israel Folau deserves his own section in the league threads.

Mods - I request an Israel Folau sticky in rugby league section..i kid u not if u dont know about him yet, u'll have him tattooed on your most prized possesions in 5 years

A deadset freak in the making.....makes SBW look like immaterial matter
[/quo

which team does he play for??

league sucks

allblacks suck - play for country of birth or dont play at all
wallabies suck - play for country of birth or dont play at all
england suck - play for country of birth or dont play at all

and the rest of the teams stealing payers (except japan cause i like them) you suck - play for country of birth or dont play at all
*end rant*

i really hope theres a new game soon. I love rugby 06 but not being able to play as james hook drives me mad!!!! :wall: . I hope its out on 360 can't wait to see the graphics. are there any like patches and stuff for rugby 06 on xbox o'r is it just the pc version that can be updated with the proper kits and stuf??

i really hope theres a new game soon. I love rugby 06 but not being able to play as james hook drives me mad!!!! :wall: . I hope its out on 360 can't wait to see the graphics. are there any like patches and stuff for rugby 06 on xbox o'r is it just the pc version that can be updated with the proper kits and stuf??
[/b]

Just PC m8.

Latest posts