• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 confirmation ?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
yea!! creative scoring???? what the!!!! not getting my hopes up really. just glad they making one
[/b]
Hey man does that clip you have have the features on the back of the box any clearer?. Can you check it and if so can you post the features word for word.

If you can't that's sweet, I'm just desperate to know what it said exactly. I may go check it out myself in the morning and try and get a copy and post it here.
[/b][/quote]

its real crap quality sorry ay. its just of me excitedly flipping the case over and stuff. its there in lower hutt eb games as i see you live in ynui!!illprobly go in again 2moro just to stare at it!!nearly **** myself when i saw it. galfriend cudnt get mo out of the shop!!!

on the nz backcover its abs playing wales in their new strip and all :D
[/b][/quote]
If I can I'll go over the hill and have a look in the morning and try and get a pic or photocopy of it, but if you go could you try and do the same. See who can get it up on here first. ;)

So why on earth do EB have leaflets / game covers and yet EA havent even officially announced it yet? Something doesnt add up there. Are you sure EB havent made these covers trying to jump the gun on possible pre orders ?

Are they actual new pics or just 06 shots ?

So why on earth do EB have leaflets / game covers and yet EA havent even officially announced it yet? Something doesnt add up there. Are you sure EB havent made these covers trying to jump the gun on possible pre orders ?

[/b]
Looked old but I couldn't tell, they are apparently new. I had a look at the promo cover in the shop this morning and the only new gameplay feature mentioned is the new on the fly defensive patterns and new set pieces, oh and the 'creative scoring'. Other than that it's just unlockable vids for completing over 30 classic matches and new flashy camera control plus the World Cup mode. As I said above these are only some of the new features so there are more yet to be revealed.

I did however check the EA site that was on the packaging and expected at least this info to be there but nothing as yet so I'm really curious to know where EB got this from so soon.

nice work nui1stxv, how did you get a hold of one? is it from the magazine?

just seen the pictures, im excited too!! i hope they did improve on some of the things from 06, e.g. gameplay, world league?

the pictures do suggest that graphics will be the same aye
[/b]
that's gona be so gay if the graphix stay da same!

it'l b interesting to see wut the 360 graphix will look like!

Wow how predictable of EA, well if that's the only new features then I will have to think very hard about getting the latest rugby as I already have updated rosters for all the teams I care about playing and if there is no improvement to the graphics, gameplay mechanics or AI then they can go f(&*k themselves.

thats just lazy?? i mean if they use the same game as 06, but tweak those set pieces, defensive whatevers and add in some classic games (which i think they obviously bite off wcr and rc2006) and a world cup-, which i thought was in 06????? thats just pretty slack

I looked on the back at all the copyrights and i think they have the french and top 14 licenses so thats something new.

Yeah but more licenses with the same old '06 engine just means more of the same gameplay (which is fundamentally flawed). There simply must be more to it than bigger rosters and minimal tweaks. That just sucks.
And yes the world cup was in '06 but wasn't the "official" world cup as it wasn't licensed. Personally I don't see any difference in an official and unofficial WC.

I looked on the back at all the copyrights and i think they have the french and top 14 licenses so thats something new.
[/b]

Top 14 = French League... so maybe it also had the Magners League?

And they may make the World Cup Mode Deeper - By having more managerial concerns and what not. Personally I just want a semi-realistic World League (At least split the leagues into regions)... or maybe a realistic franchise mode.

is the gamecover at all EB outlets or just in lower hutt? anyone seen it in auckland?

is the gamecover at all EB outlets or just in lower hutt? anyone seen it in auckland?
[/b]

I heard on another forum someone saw one in auckland and its in christchurch

it does seem very weird that eb has the covers and all but nothing what so ever on the net!!!! what are ea playing at?? They think they can just put updated teams, shirts and crap like that but not add in any new gameplay features is just f#@ked!! but me being me ill buy it, which is what ea count on!!

I say we boycott this game if its the same shiyt. Just rent. I know its hard but better than paying $100 for an updated 06. I think the 360 version will be a simple as version of rugby, then added on in the following years. Cant wait tho!!

what a bugger!!

if the top 14 league is on it then i suppose it'll be good to play as keez meeuws hehe my fav prop of all time!! and mr rupert caucau..

but yeah they know that they'll have rugby fans out there who'll buy the damn game just to make a few thousand buckaroos!! big update or not

well there might be some gameplay changes. when comparing rugby 2005 and 06, apart from the obvious features that were advertised such as offloads, quick lineouts and penalties, the overall general running game was made much more smoother. also in 06 they improved on things like fends, sidesteps etc to work more often. these small changes were not advertised.

so heres hoping they make small changes to the offload system, the triggering of animation, smarter, better AI and make the game much more crisp.

EDIT.

also i am surprised that the game has the official irb rwc. i hope its the real cover and not an advertising tool made by EB games.

Its all a bit weird for me this. I mean we have to assume EB havent pulled this out of their arse as who on earth would come up with " creative scoring " but EA? If there was anything groundbreaking like gang tackles, training or any such thing, you would expect it to be on the box in true EA style. It doesnt bode well that " Creative scoring " is one of the features ( if you can call it a feature ) listed.

But why on EARTH would EA let the first concrete announcement of this ***le be in an EB store itself? No gaming sites have even had a sniff of it.

Its incredibly strange.

Initially I heard a September release, and on hearing July I was quite shocked considering the submission date I had heard. However if this is just a simple update of teams, an extra competition or two then July could well be possible.

I would say that this project was a last minute cash in on the world cup, but this game was fronted a while back and then dissapeared to come back as Rugby 08.

I guess its confirmed there is no xbox version then? Crying shame that!

well there might be some gameplay changes. when comparing rugby 2005 and 06, apart from the obvious features that were advertised such as offloads, quick lineouts and penalties, the overall general running game was made much more smoother. also in 06 they improved on things like fends, sidesteps etc to work more often. these small changes were not advertised.

so heres hoping they make small changes to the offload system, the triggering of animation, smarter, better AI and make the game much more crisp.

EDIT.

also i am surprised that the game has the official irb rwc. i hope its the real cover and not an advertising tool made by EB games.
[/b]

The big jump from 05 to 06 was using them changing over to the fifa engine.

As a side note if this turns out to be just an update of teams, a few comps etc without any actual gameplay changes of worth, then I think its safe to say this project is going nowhere in EA's eyes and this could very well be the last rugby ***le we will see from them.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Looked old but I couldn't tell, they are apparently new. I had a look at the promo cover in the shop this morning and the only new gameplay feature mentioned is the new on the fly defensive patterns and new set pieces, oh and the 'creative scoring'. Other than that it's just unlockable vids for completing over 30 classic matches and new flashy camera control plus the World Cup mode. As I said above these are only some of the new features so there are more yet to be revealed.

I did however check the EA site that was on the packaging and expected at least this info to be there but nothing as yet so I'm really curious to know where EB got this from so soon.
[/b][/quote]

So did anyone get any better pics or ask for a copy?

All I can put it down to is that this particular EB store put the promo covers out ahead of a possible info release that could be happening sometime soon. That's the only logical explanation for it.

I dont think we should panic until we get the official EA announcement - it makes no sense for EA to let a retailer announce a new game before they have. When EA release the info well get a clear ideas whether this is just an update or not. Also remember Locks said he will be getting news about the game at some point in June so he ll let us know.

My fear is that EA are just cashing in on the world cup - senseless not to - and have made minor tweaks to the gameplay etc, similar to EAs FIFA games when they release a world cup or champions league version.

I'm pretty sure that the game engine will be VERY similar to R2006, I'm afraid. I haven't heard anything about HB Studios having worked on the new version for ages, which suggests a very similar game coming out this year.
I used to get my hopes up, I used to join in the debates about how the game could be improved, but we all know that the game engine needs a complete revamp for it to be noticeably better.
The annoying thing is that there is so much wasted potential - rugby is certainly a sport which could translate brilliantly into a video game, but since it's a very minor sport in the US we are stuck a game which plays like it came out about 8 years ago.
We need a game which can at least be compared to madden, PES, etc. I don't expect them to work miracles overnight, but the engine in R2006 is worse than an old copy of madden 1999 which I dusted down and put on my nephew's PC the other day.

Got a feeling I'll be able to tell you what's happening in a few days when my flatmate gets back from their EB Games vendor managers meeting he goes to tomorrow.

From all accounts EB are the top distributor of EA games, which is possibly why they have the slicks before any website info.

Does seem a total cash-in on world cup as it's only pc and ps2 at this stage.

Latest posts