• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Screenshots!

G

gaspar

A nation's destiny is in your hands when you take control of one of the officially licensed national teams in EA SPORTS Rugby 08 and power your way through a grueling six-week World Cup campaign for the sports' ultimate prize – the glorious Webb Ellis Cup. New modes introduced this year include the Rugby World Cup and the World Cup Challenge mode. On top of these exciting additions, we have introduced enhanced gameplay features including a new lineout mechanic and defensive formations plus a new camera system that superbly captures the intensity of the sport. Rugby08 will be released in late July on PlayStation2 and PC.

rugimg01.jpg

rugimg02.jpg

rugimg03.jpg

rugimg04.jpg

rugimg05.jpg

rugimg06.jpg

rugimg07.jpg

rugimg08.jpg

rugimg09.jpg

rugimg10.jpg

rugimg11.jpg

rugimg12.jpg

rugimg13.jpg

oooooooooooooooooh.... Nice. Pitty all the screenshots are so friggin small.

Oooohh challenges! I hope they have Wales's 2003 WC games in there!
[/b]
i'm pretty sure wc challenge mode is the 30 classic matches are there any of wales matches that you think would make the top 30. B)

About time!!! It looks absolutely amazing. Sure the graphics may be similar, but the set up and those little camera tweaks seem to do the thing perfectly!!!

YAAAY!!!

hmmm, from the last screenshot, ireland vs france. i can see that midfield gap between the centre and the winger.

wales vs australia 1987 should be a defo!!

wales vs new zealand 2003

wales vs england 2003

Are those the kits France and England are using at the World Cup? About time they changed them.

I'm worried about why Josh Lewsey is on the right wing for England, and why he's a star players. Screenshots always stir up a bit of speculation.

wales v nz in 2003 i saw and i can see that making the 30 but can explain what happened in the other two? thanks. :D

wales came third in the 1987 world cup with the last kick of the game to beat the wallabies, was pretty much a classic match!!

wales came third in the 1987 world cup with the last kick of the game to beat the wallabies, was pretty much a classic match!!
[/b]
thanks have you seen the four classic matches shown in the screen shots so far? they are england V aus in the final, nz v aus semi(looking foward to replying that one) nz v south africa quarter, ireland france with france ahead by 24-0. and theres tabs above for each world cup i.e 1987, 1991,1995,1999 and 2003.Awesome! :D

I expanded the picture to have a closer look....the pics of the AB's though blurry, do look good regarding their faces:)

The camera angle of the scrum near the goal line looks a bit of a worry. Its a railway camera shot rather than a panned one from the 22. Perhaps the camera will revert back to a wider pan shot from the 22 when the ball leaves the scrum. Though when I look at the other scrum near the ten metre line it looks like the camera is panning from the half way line (fixed) which is real life stuff.....so maybe that camera angle option is good! Either way it looks like the camera angles are better and there is a better "choice" lol! There is a noticeable height difference between the angles....so maybe they have the customised camera angles....very much like Fifa.

I expanded the picture to have a closer look....the pics of the AB's though blurry, do look good regarding their faces:)
[/b]

there is only 1 screen shot of the ABs, and that is the background of the main menu. im 100% certain that is real photo, not a gameplay screenshot.

Question - Did that Ospreys logo look real?

Playing with fake Non-English and Super 14 teams mostly with fake Players blow. Surely they could've picked up the rights to the Top 14 and Magners League now that Swordfish's Rugby Series has gone kaput

Latest posts