• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 player ratings? Players with 99

I agree with no player beining a full 99 but just to add another few player that should be in the high 80 - 95.

Brain Habana
Francois Steyn
Morne Steyn
James O'Connor
Ma' a Nonu
Jaques Fourie

Just to add a few..

lol no you miss my point I'm saying that fifa which has pretty much perfected sporting games doesn't rate even the best players at 90 or more so I feel it would be wise to take note of how they do things because sadly there have been so many more football games than rugby ones.

lol no you miss my point I'm saying that fifa which has pretty much perfected sporting games doesn't rate even the best players at 90 or more so I feel it would be wise to take note of how they do things because sadly there have been so many more football games than rugby ones.
Who do you think makes the fifa games? :p
Clue: Check the HB Studios website

exactly. So long as those guys are in charge of it Im sure it will be fine.

Players should have preferred positions but i didn't agree with the system in Rugby 06 where if players played 'out of position' they would constantly drop the ball. players should be able to play anywhere on the park
eg. Dan Carter could play at prop... he would get smashed every time but it wouldn't effect his ball handling skills. I recall him playing about 10 minutes at half back last season and he actually did pretty well. i'm not sure how playing 'out of position' effected the players in Rugby 08 but i don't think it should make too much difference their ability in each position should be based on Stats, height and weight.

Players should have preferred positions but i didn't agree with the system in Rugby 06 where if players played 'out of position' they would constantly drop the ball. players should be able to play anywhere on the park
eg. Dan Carter could play at prop... he would get smashed every time but it wouldn't effect his ball handling skills. I recall him playing about 10 minutes at half back last season and he actually did pretty well. i'm not sure how playing 'out of position' effected the players in Rugby 08 but i don't think it should make too much difference their ability in each position should be based on Stats, height and weigt

In rugby 08 they are even worse

How is HB studio gonna base there ratings on? this year? last 2 years,last 3year? Closest players to 99 would be Mc Caw,Pocock,Juan Smith/Burger,Carter.

I agree with no player beining a full 99 but just to add another few player that should be in the high 80 - 95.

Brain Habana
Francois Steyn
Morne Steyn
James O'Connor
Ma' a Nonu
Jaques Fourie

Just to add a few..

Ha, obviously a Springbok Fan ;) But the highest rated Bok would surely have to be Fourie De Preez

eg. Dan Carter could play at prop... he would get smashed every time but it wouldn't effect his ball handling skills. I recall him playing about 10 minutes at half back last season and he actually did pretty well. i'm not sure how playing 'out of position' effected the players in Rugby 08 but i don't think it should make too much difference their ability in each position should be based on Stats, height and weigt

In rugby 08 they are even worse

Oh really?!? I think it would be good if players would be more prone to injury if they played out of position. especially if they move from a back position into a forward position. Shane Williams would probably break his neck if he played at prop ;)

Oh really?!? I think it would be good if players would be more prone to injury if they played out of position. especially if they move from a back position into a forward position. Shane Williams would probably break his neck if he played at prop ;)

U not seen him atm, he gone pretty beef :p saw him last weekend (I live in same area as him). He looked quite stacked, been a summer in the gym me thinks :D lol

This is what I said:

"I apologise it was not 4 times in a row but to be exact it is 4 out of 6 that South Africa have beaten New Zealand. Twice in New Zealnd in 2 years"!

Just added the choker label to add substance. Facts are, SA have won 4/6 = 67% vs. NZ and hold all trophis possible!
What trophies do NZ have? Oh, wait. The Bledisloe (N.Z vs. Aus), wow!

Hmmmmmmm, I think not.

i think its funny how hardly annnny northen hem players are rated in your 90's!

There is planety of star players up here, no player in the world should be over 93 on Rugby 12.

Gethin Jenkins
Alun-Wyn Jones
Mike Phillips
Jamie Roberts
Lee Byrne

And that's from the Welsh team alone with players who should be 85 plus.

i think its funny how hardly annnny northen hem players are rated in your 90's!

There is planety of star players up here, no player in the world should be over 93 on Rugby 12.

Gethin Jenkins
Alun-Wyn Jones
Mike Phillips
Jamie Roberts
Lee Byrne

And that's from the Welsh team alone with players who should be 85 plus.

in the welsh tests against NZ the only player that impressed me was Phillips .

Form should be an important factor in the players ratings. Like fifa, have a live season updated so players who play welll improve, vice versa. No star players.

I've been giving this alot of thought and i think that player 'ratings' should change depending on what position you have them playing.

For a player to have a high rating (85+) in the no. 10 jersey they would need to have high speed, ball handling, passing and kicking ratings, a player with these stats would probably receive a high rating playing at no. 12, 15 and even 9. For a player to have a high rating in the no. 4 or 5 jersey they would need to be tall, have high scrummaging, strength and ball winning stats, a player with these stats could probably have a good rating playing at no. 6, 7 and 8.
Players should have preferred positions (only two or three) and when they're playing there they should get a ratings boost but when they're playing out of position their rating would rely completely on their stats so they would end up not being as good a player.
eg. A player like Cory Jane has a great skill set. skill that would probably make him a pretty good no. 10 I reckon he would have a rating of around 83 on the wing and 85 at fullback (his preferred positions) but if he played at first-five he would drop down to somewhere around 75.

I think this would be a very effective way of making sure that players had accurate ratings. And its always frustrated me when someone gets injured and you don't have someone of that exact position on the bench. an that player always ends up dropping the ball.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think, Cheers

He actually has a massive boot on him, when hes just messing around at practice he slaughters it. I remember reading an article a couple years ago where they revealed that he had the second biggest punt in the All Blacks squad behind Carter. When you think about it though, he doesnt need to kick, they asked him why he didnt more often and he said that he is very rarely in a situation where he has to. If he is in the situation where he has enough time and space to kick it, he may aswell just run it as hes a devastating runner.
The All Blacks tend to set up their kicking options at 9-10 instead of 10-12, if the All Blacks really need to get a kick away, it will be done before he gets his hands on it.

This whole deal about him being one dimensional is a bit of a myth too. Everyone seems to think that hes just a hard running battering ram and i cant for the life of me understand why.. Maybe its because of his appearance? seen as hes a big unit people assume that all he does is try to barge through things? He has a developed a great distribution game since adjusting to 2nd 5, but more importantly his first instinct is to try and step through the defence.
If you watch him play, he has a very distinct swagger type sidestep that he uses to try and slice between players, more often then not he steps into a little gap and offloads to Smith on the angle. Brute force is not his game at all.

Putting physical player like Jamie Roberts up against a one dimensional power player would probably nullify their attack, but it would do f-all against a player like Nonu. Like in the 08 NZ-Wales game, Nonu and Roberts were both playing 12, NZ won 29-12, Nonu scoring a try. One dimensional? not at all.

So true!!! there seems to be so many people rubbishing Nonu all over this forum and i can't really see why! he's a big, strong and fast player his ball handling and passing skills are right up there with the best of them these days and he's absolutely devastating!

It thought SBW was a traditional 13?

That's true, I forgot that Ice can cover anywhere in the backline (save for halfback). And it looks like McAlister is regaining his form.

Mils is more than capable also

So true!!! there seems to be so many people rubbishing Nonu all over this forum and i can't really see why! he's a big, strong and fast player his ball handling and passing skills are right up there with the best of them these days and he's absolutely devastating!

Where are people rubbishing Nonu? Examples, or that comment means nothing.

Latest posts