• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 player ratings? Players with 99

Nobody in any sports game should have a 99 rating. It's silly.

Canada:

Aaron Carpernter 76
Luke Cudmore 73
Nanyak Dala 74
Brian Erichsen 69
Matt Evans 79
Ed Fairhurst 81
Ciaran Hearn 78
Tyler Hotson 76
Adam Kleeberger 79
Ander Munro 75
Chauncey O'Toole 77
James Pritchard 83
Pat Riordan 78
Ryan Smith 78
Luke Tait 79
Andrew Tiedermann 70
DTH Van Der Merwe 80
Doug Wooldrige 73

I can tell you that I wish I was South African,
If you watched the same super 14 that I did you would have seen how Schalk Burger ate McCaw for supper. Stormers thrashed Crusaders 40 - 14.
Even Peter Grant played better than Dan Carter. Get your facts straight!
STOP being so patriotic and face the facts.
South Africa have dominated New Zealand in the last 3 years. They have beaten them 4 out of 4 times and twice in New Zealand.
If that does not tell you a story then I don't know!!!!

I thought that this was supposed to be about player ratings, not a squabble between the All Blacks and the Boks!

These two nations highest rated players should be:

South Africa
Fourie De Preez (probably the best half-back in the world) - 92
Morne Steyn (the Best goal-kicker in the world) - 91
Jon Smit (very solid hooker... getting a bit old though, great captain) - 87
Victor Matfield (best lock in the world) - 87
Pierre Spies (fantastic ball carrier, great no. 8) - 84
Francious Steyn (great versatile back who can play 15, 12 and 10 very well... and that boot!) - 86
Bryan Habana (very quick, great finisher) - 86
Schalk Burger (solid loose forward, great defender) - 86
Bakkies Botha (makes STUPID decisions but is still a formidable opponent at the line-out) - 83
Jean de Villiers (another versatile player who can play in 14, 13, 12 and 11) - 81

New Zealand
Dan Carter (best first-five in the world) - 94
Richie McCaw - (best open-side flanker/captain in the world) - 96
Conrad Smith - (great defensive player, one of the best centre's in the world) - 87
Piri Weepu - (fantastic half-back who can play 10 and goal-kick) - 87
Kevin Mealamu - (great ball carrier, amazing hooker) - 83
Mils Muliaina - (great full-back and a very versatile player who can play 15, 14, 13 and 11) - 84
Brad Thorn - (incredibly hard working lock... would have the best stamina in world rugby) - 83
Kieran Read - (great no.8, the new rule interpretations have really favoured his playing style) - 82
Cory Jane - (incredible 'fullback' but plays on the wing... what a fend!) - 83
Tony Woodcock - (possibly the best prop in the world...) - 84

Overall the Springbok team has great depth... the All Blacks do to, but their back-ups don't have the experience that the Boks do, Carter and McCaw would have to be the best first five and open-side flankers in the world (respectively) but without either of them the All Blacks really suffer. The boks seem to be able to manage much better when their top players are missing in action. To be honest until the tri-nations this year i would've ranked the Springboks ahead of the All Blacks but now i think i would sway slightly the other way... either way both teams are amazing! and in the context of a new rugby game we will hardly notice the difference between alot of these players who are all very close when it comes to their skill level and stats.

Haha, and Ma'a Nonu (solid ball carrier, great line breaker and passer) - 84

IMO rankings should reflect the best form the player has ever achieved. Why?

1. Everyone would agree with the rankings

2. "Form is temporary, class is permanent" - Graham Henry

Not sure that i agree with this... Tana Umaga is playing in the New Zealand provincial tournament again but i don't think it would be fair to give him a 99 rating at the age of 38... and other kiwi players like Ben Atiga, Kees Meeuws, Carl Hayman, Leon MacDonald, Luke McAlister, Carlos Spencer, Andrew Mehrtens, Jerry Collins, Nick Evans, Reuben Thorne, Doug Howlett, Byron Kelleher and Chris Jack are still playing Rugby at some level... would it be fair to put these guys ratings at their best... i don't think so. it would be great to be able to pick Umaga back into the All Blacks for the 2011 World Cup but i don't think it would be fair if he could monster the opposition like he did in his prime.

Not sure that i agree with this... Tana Umaga is playing in the New Zealand provincial tournament again but i don't think it would be fair to give him a 99 rating at the age of 38... and other kiwi players like Ben Atiga, Kees Meeuws, Carl Hayman, Leon MacDonald, Luke McAlister, Carlos Spencer, Andrew Mehrtens, Jerry Collins, Nick Evans, Reuben Thorne, Doug Howlett, Byron Kelleher and Chris Jack are still playing Rugby at some level... would it be fair to put these guys ratings at their best... i don't think so. it would be great to be able to pick Umaga back into the All Blacks for the 2011 World Cup but i don't think it would be fair if he could monster the opposition like he did in his prime.

Bow your head when speaking of the King

Bow your head when speaking of the King

Haha, believe me my head is bowed... i can't believe that he's still cranking! a true legend... wouldn't surprise me if he gets into a super rugby franchise.
His ratings should still be pretty good in Rugby 2012, but maybe a bit less Speed and Stamina.

I agree that there should be no 99 rated players. I would say though, the highest rated player should be Dan Carter at some where around 96-98, mainly because when hes at his best he is the best.

I would recommend giving high ratings to players who are with the top teams, like New Zealand (no 1) and so on.

Haha, believe me my head is bowed... i can't believe that he's still cranking! a true legend... wouldn't surprise me if he gets into a super rugby franchise.
His ratings should still be pretty good in Rugby 2012, but maybe a bit less Speed and Stamina.

I know right, there was a little doubt in my mind when he broadcasted that he was coming back to play. And he blew that doubt straight out of my mind in his first game for Counties. I never agreed with his speed rating from rugby06-08 he was very fast in real life and he was one of the slowest backs on the game, [rating of 75].

Hey, or maybe they could implement a ratings system for a franchise mode or something. Have a default ratings setting for every player and as your franchise mode progresses so do the ratings of your players depending on how much work they've put in throughout the game.

Nobody in any sports game should have a 99 rating. It's silly.

Canada:

Aaron Carpernter 76
Luke Cudmore 73
Nanyak Dala 74
Brian Erichsen 69
Matt Evans 79
Ed Fairhurst 81
Ciaran Hearn 78
Tyler Hotson 76
Adam Kleeberger 79
Ander Munro 75
Chauncey O'Toole 77
James Pritchard 83
Pat Riordan 78
Ryan Smith 78
Luke Tait 79
Andrew Tiedermann 70
DTH Van Der Merwe 80
Doug Wooldrige 73

no disrespect, but some of those ratings are a bit high for Canadains, it doesn't leave much space for improvement, considering every pro rugby player will be in this game .

I thought that this was supposed to be about player ratings, not a squabble between the All Blacks and the Boks!

These two nations highest rated players should be:

South Africa
Fourie De Preez (probably the best half-back in the world) - 92
Morne Steyn (the Best goal-kicker in the world) - 91
Jon Smit (very solid hooker... getting a bit old though, great captain) - 87
Victor Matfield (best lock in the world) - 87
Pierre Spies (fantastic ball carrier, great no. 8) - 84
Francious Steyn (great versatile back who can play 15, 12 and 10 very well... and that boot!) - 86
Bryan Habana (very quick, great finisher) - 86
Schalk Burger (solid loose forward, great defender) - 86
Bakkies Botha (makes STUPID decisions but is still a formidable opponent at the line-out) - 83
Jean de Villiers (another versatile player who can play in 14, 13, 12 and 11) - 81

New Zealand
Dan Carter (best first-five in the world) - 94
Richie McCaw - (best open-side flanker/captain in the world) - 96
Conrad Smith - (great defensive player, one of the best centre's in the world) - 87
Piri Weepu - (fantastic half-back who can play 10 and goal-kick) - 87
Kevin Mealamu - (great ball carrier, amazing hooker) - 83
Mils Muliaina - (great full-back and a very versatile player who can play 15, 14, 13 and 11) - 84
Brad Thorn - (incredibly hard working lock... would have the best stamina in world rugby) - 83
Kieran Read - (great no.8, the new rule interpretations have really favoured his playing style) - 82
Cory Jane - (incredible 'fullback' but plays on the wing... what a fend!) - 83
Tony Woodcock - (possibly the best prop in the world...) - 84

Overall the Springbok team has great depth... the All Blacks do to, but their back-ups don't have the experience that the Boks do, Carter and McCaw would have to be the best first five and open-side flankers in the world (respectively) but without either of them the All Blacks really suffer. The boks seem to be able to manage much better when their top players are missing in action. To be honest until the tri-nations this year i would've ranked the Springboks ahead of the All Blacks but now i think i would sway slightly the other way... either way both teams are amazing! and in the context of a new rugby game we will hardly notice the difference between alot of these players who are all very close when it comes to their skill level and stats.

These ratings need to be higher; remember these are the BEST players in the world .

i think those ratings are close to being accurate

I know right, there was a little doubt in my mind when he broadcasted that he was coming back to play. And he blew that doubt straight out of my mind in his first game for Counties. I never agreed with his speed rating from rugby06-08 he was very fast in real life and he was one of the slowest backs on the game, [rating of 75].

Yeah it used to frustrate me so much that he was so much slower!!! He used to play on the Wing!!! I always kept him on my team just cause of his Tackle breaking but it was crap when he'd be in open space and get run down by a loose forward!

These ratings need to be higher; remember these are the BEST players in the world .

I think that these ratings are pretty good... nobody seems to want anyone to have a rating of 99 (it doesn't really bother me as long as they're relative)
These players may or may not improve alot depending on their 'Special Abilities' or 'Star Player' boosts... depending on how this is done in the game.

I think that these ratings are pretty good... nobody seems to want anyone to have a rating of 99 (it doesn't really bother me as long as they're relative)
These players may or may not improve alot depending on their 'Special Abilities' or 'Star Player' boosts... depending on how this is done in the game.

If the ratings are like this for NZ and SA then Shane Williams and Jonny Wilkinson would have to have a rating of about 80 .

If the ratings are like this for NZ and SA then Shane Williams and Jonny Wilkinson would have to have a rating of about 80 .

Yeah, pretty much... Shane Williams Ratings in previous games have been rubbish! he got 99 and a Star but Rupeni Caucaunibuca gets 90... and Johnny Wilkinson having a rating of 80 - 85 would be about right i think. He'd get a star for amazing goal-kicking but he'd be lower than Carter, Steyn, Cooper and Giteau.

Previous games have had players from countries like Wales, Ireland and England have crazy high ratings!!!
Giving players like O'Driscoll, Henson, Vickery and O'Gara ratings of 95 - 99 is not realistic now i'm not one of these 'Northern Hemisphere Haters' but there counterparts from South Africa, Australia and New Zealand are simply better!

Latest posts