• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 player ratings? Players with 99

I was actually thinking the opposite, i thought the NH club players were massively overrated. It was quite annoying when you had some non-international club flyhalf with a great rating and then Nick Evans was on something ridiculous like 60 acceleration.. Then you had NZ players playing in the Northern Hemisphere like Regan King, Joe Maddock and Roger Randle who were all better than most of the other New Zealand players at home.

I was actually thinking the opposite, i thought the NH club players were massively overrated. It was quite annoying when you had some non-international club flyhalf with a great rating and then Nick Evans was on something ridiculous like 60 acceleration.. Then you had NZ players playing in the Northern Hemisphere like Regan King, Joe Maddock and Roger Randle who were all better than most of the other New Zealand players at home.

Agreed, Classic example... Muliana - 78, McDonald - 77 (both All Blacks at the time) and Bruce Reihana gets 84!!! (playing for Northampton) was he even an AB ?
Joe Maddock's stats were probably the craziest... he got 92! But Rokococo - 83, Sivivatu - 86 and Howlett - 90.

I'm not too fussed about whether there should be players with a rating of 99 or not, just as long as the ratings are relevant to each other.

To me the key to ratings depends on how good the team chemistry will be in the new game, if its done tribute then almost all players will have a huge pool of players that they have "chemistry" with which hopefully would raise/ lower stats accordingly.
(I.e: Charlie hodgson, arguably one of the best fly halves in the premiership but never made the rise to international. this could be reflected nicely with an advanced team chemistry system.

All this talk about being able to edit stats... I'd have to say that i don't really agree with this.

Maybe once you've filled the trophy cabinet on elite you should unlock 50 stat point for each player that you can distribute as you'd like... Just to tweak players stats who way have improved overtime or players that you feel are underrated.
The ability to completely edit stats seems stupid! We're slightly biast when it comes to our home team and being able to completely change players stats would ruin the game for me. If we want a "realistic game" then why would we need to edit the stats...
I'm sure HB couldn't get it so badly wrong that we would need more than 50 stat points to correct it.

Rant over, Chur

All this talk about being able to edit stats... I'd have to say that i don't really agree with this.

Maybe once you've filled the trophy cabinet on elite you should unlock 50 stat point for each player that you can distribute as you'd like... Just to tweak players stats who way have improved overtime or players that you feel are underrated.
The ability to completely edit stats seems stupid! We're slightly biast when it comes to our home team and being able to completely change players stats would ruin the game for me. If we want a "realistic game" then why would we need to edit the stats...
I'm sure HB couldn't get it so badly wrong that we would need more than 50 stat points to correct it.

Rant over, Chur

I dont really like that idea though, just because some people don't have the self restraint to edit stats accurately, no one is allowed to edit their own game that they paid for? thats silly.

Yeah, i see where your coming from... it's tricky though. How about edited players cant be used to get achievements or trophies?
And you couldn't use them online otherwise every player would have 100 on every statistic...

I dunno what the best solution is but i'm not a fan of being able to just max out every players stats.

Yeah, i see where your coming from... it's tricky though. How about edited players cant be used to get achievements or trophies?
And you couldn't use them online otherwise every player would have 100 on every statistic...

I dunno what the best solution is but i'm not a fan of being able to just max out every players stats.

Yeah it's a tough one, definitely block edited stats from being online or for achieving trophies but I think we should be able to edit them for offline play. It's a pretty big ask for them to nail everyone stats and appearance, especially with some of the super14 squad players. If i know for example, that Sean Maitland is one of the fastest dudes in NZ, but someone like rokocoko has higher speed then I'd be a tad annoyed. Or how Dane Coles is real fast, but being a hooker he probably won't have high speed stats. For me (and my mates) it'd just be tweaks to make sure they're accurate, I wouldn't go and make the all blacks all 100.

Your point limit on editing players is a good idea, cause as you say I don't think they'll be too far off in the first place.

What does it matter if someone uses edited players to get achievements? Ranked online games are the only place they need to be blocked.

Just do what Madden'11 has done, you have to play with the online rosters that you can download from their servers, means that people have to use the standard rosters online but offline can use their own.

What does it matter if someone uses edited players to get achievements? Ranked online games are the only place they need to be blocked.

It wouldn't matter too much unless some of the achievements were team/player specific.
eg. Win the RWC on Elite with Japan. If you could edit there stats then this would be no harder than doing in with South Africa or any other top ranked team. I think that maybe once you've collected all trophies/achievements then the game should be unlocked.

I still say it doesn't matter, taking advantage of game options to get achievements means precisely zilch.

It means heaps! the achievements aren't meant to be easy! We've all been complaining about how easy the previous games have been. I don't want to be able to get all the achievements of the game in a week! and if you can edit stats to help you get achievements then what is the point in having them in the first place?!?

Well if your stupid enough to fall into the temptation of setting points up all the way to the top then thats your fault. i believe that you should be able to set players stats as high as you want so you can make the game more realistic for yourself . and if you think everyone one should be 100 then they should have the right to ruin the game for themself. But not all gamers are like that. And online play should have stats that are updated by the creaters..

It means heaps! the achievements aren't meant to be easy! We've all been complaining about how easy the previous games have been. I don't want to be able to get all the achievements of the game in a week! and if you can edit stats to help you get achievements then what is the point in having them in the first place?!?

Then don't edit. How you get achievements should only matter to you. Some people rent bad games, most notably Avatar: The Last Airbender, just to get the 1,000 points, but that has no effect on me.

To each their own and everything, but I really see no reason to lock an edit feature.

They could just make it so you have to use the original rosters to get the achievements.
Sorted.

devin hester fastest guy in nfl. not the best. larry allen strongest guy in nfl, not the best......hint hint (bout rugby player stats)

Latest posts