• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

They have to do that or their sales will get slaughtered by piracy. It sucks but when one RC3 torrent had over 40,000 downloads that's a bit of a money loss
Why does it being later stop piracy? Feel like I'm missing something obvious lol

Why does it being later stop piracy? Feel like I'm missing something obvious lol
If you've got a PC and a console and there's no concrete release date for the PC you're more likely to pick it up on console than wait for X amount of time.
If they're released on both on the same day, and reviews aren't great, you're more likely to pirate and see if it's worth the cash or not.

They have to do that or their sales will get slaughtered by piracy. It sucks but when one RC3 torrent had over 40,000 downloads that's a bit of a money loss
Yes I understand, still sucks but having such a valid reason for delays and secrecy on release dates makes it a bit better. I just hope the game is bug free and 'complete' by the time it is released on PC.

Here is a link with video of the gameplay the video quality is bad, but impatience...

It is as feared the game has exactly the same animations and cutscenes as the previous two entries, RC4 is just a graphical patch.. Damn you EA!

Difficulty better? Career mode with some progression of players? Do the gameplay have sliders? I got some very realistic gameplay modifying sliders in RC3.

Had a look, seems the attack from AI is improved they actually now cut in, not sure on what difficulty the user played. Same on defense. Rucks will need to be adjusted with sliders if there is. Happily pay for better graphics and better AI enjoyed RC3.

So I played it this morning for a few hours these are the differences and the similarities with RC3 that I've noticed so far

Different
Subs are now numbered correctly
Halfbacks can get quicker ball at the ruck
Number 8 pickup from scrum works better
Kicking - place kicking system is more punishing which makes it far more rewarding. No more getting it on the very edge of the yellow and it sails through fine.
Players bodies are a different skeleton from RC3 - which means more diversity and realism.
The licenced players all look great.
There are less licenced teams Super rugby is oddly missing the Waratahs which suggests a licensing issue with them but the fan hub will save us.
Unreal engine. Graphics are far better, and the game appears more stable at this stage because of the new engine.
Defence AI is better

Similar
Almost all the animations are the same
Scrums, lineouts and mauls all operate the same
Players still turn on a dimepiece

I definitely enjoy it but I'm biased considering I worked on it.

Last edited:
Something interesting/annoying I have noticed in the UK version i'm playing, the Premiership teams do not have the stadiums that are in the NZ/Aus versions, there is no Welford Road or Twickenham Stoop, however Franklins Gardens is in there, Any other UK players see this issue?

PC can't come soon enough.

Something interesting/annoying I have noticed in the UK version i'm playing, the Premiership teams do not have the stadiums that are in the NZ/Aus versions, there is no Welford Road or Twickenham Stoop, however Franklins Gardens is in there, Any other UK players see this issue?

PC can't come soon enough.
I after looking further, I am hoping its just a bug, Twickenham stoop and Welford road are available to choose to play from the match setting screen, but you can't set them as a home stadium.

I after looking further, I am hoping its just a bug, Twickenham stoop and Welford road are available to choose to play from the match setting screen, but you can't set them as a home stadium.

Could just be a bug, it is early access afterall. I expect we'll see some sort of a patch before the end of the week. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

what about the setplays do they play out well or just ok

Tbh I haven't even tried them. I never cared about them in the slightest but I've seen the cross kick on YouTube and it worked well

Latest posts