• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

On the sevens - if you have a sevens career, do they still operate like clubs (you can just sign anyone regardless of nationality)

I would rather be deaf than listen to Rugby Challenge's commentary. I might pick it up when the fan editing gets going. Doesn't interest me with the current licenses right now.

The sub numbers are also correct. That's an automatic purchase for me!
Last night on RC3 I downloaded the 2020 Hurricanes and 2020 Crusaders from the Fanhub and the sub numbers are correct, The creators of these teams somehow found away to make it work.
Unfortunately the sub numbers are only correct if the players are playing for the downloaded teams.

Last edited:
Last night on RC3 I downloaded the 2020 Hurricanes and 2020 Crusaders from the Fanhub and the sub numbers are correct, The creators of these teams somehow found away to make it work.
Unfortunately the sub numbers are only correct if the players are playing for the downloaded teams.

Creating them in order would work.

It's about the player ID numbers

Things you may have missed in game-play:

- At rucks, forwards have now positioned themselves as pods beside the ruck (sometimes one man pods if you've committed too many players) and watch the backs move in behind them. This allows for a forwards crash ball (which now have a higher chance of retention so you can play multiple phases instead of it turning over each time you crash it up) it also allows you to tire the opposition out if you decide to keep crashing it up and sometimes opens up the defending back-line drawing the defence into the action - cross kick time?

- In saying the above, forwards now have a designated pass button (the d-pad, left / right) and the backs have the normal pass button assigned.

- At rucks / mauls the forwards are now the main people joining these when committing players. No longer should you see the whole back-line in there with props ready to take the drop kick out back.

- Each team has been assigned particular playing styles depending on where they are based in the world. Northern Hemisphere should now be using more tactical kicking / box-kicking and structured forward and back play. Southern Hemisphere should now play more expansive, still structured but with flair. Fiji specifically should have a higher risk pass / offload chance for those passes they seem to magically get away. South Africa should have a balance of Northern and Southern hemisphere styles with their mighty kickers and their Kolbe flair.

- The fullback comes into line every so often automatically now acting as another man to pass to (which you can still do manually if they're not there when you want).

- When making a break, support shouldn't be too far away now, generally wrapping around or running beside you as a passing option.

- Halfback is the main passer at rucks now (unless he's extremely far away or under the ruck himself)

- General kicking aiming direction has been sped up (before it used to take an age to move that aimer across the field)

- Grubber / chip kick in behind the defence no longer results in an magnetic / automatic catch from the other team and now actually allows you the chance to regather the ball if timed / positioned correctly.

- Set-play crash balls don't require you to fend most times when running straight to a defender, as players should now carry momentum based on their strength and be able to boulder past (ie. try using Ngani Laumape on a Dummy Switch "Square" option on the PS4.

- Passing needs to be more precise now. If the pass is not on (ie. the player you're about to pass to looks offside) don't pass it! or expect to have a few forward passes in game.

Couple of questions:

1. Is there player progression in carrier mode?
2. Is carrier mode any good? or just the same matches over and over?
3. Can you use fanhub on consoles?
4. Is it worth buying?

I am used to playing AAA games these days, i don't want to buy another rugby game that's half baked.

Cheers

I've heard it mooted a couple times that some players are "locked" editing wise?

Is that true? If it is, I remember us unlocking them all last time but not sure if that was on console or not?

Anybody able to give a quick run down on best way to do updates from fanhub? Is it just a case if going through the teams/players and picking out who you want to add or is there any faster way? Apologies, didn't get too involved with fanhub in previous iterations

Anybody able to give a quick run down on best way to do updates from fanhub? Is it just a case if going through the teams/players and picking out who you want to add or is there any faster way? Apologies, didn't get too involved with fanhub in previous iterations
Best way is to download from the teams selection so you can get multiple players at once unless you are looking for a specific player than use the player selection.

This is the fastest way to get your teams or players updated. Be sure to have the applicable database and payer face mods added to your game files if you see any blank player models on the Fanhub.

Best way is to download from the teams selection so you can get multiple players at once unless you are looking for a specific player than use the player selection.

This is the fastest way to get your teams or players updated. Be sure to have the applicable database and payer face mods added to your game files if you see any blank player models on the Fanhub.

Thanks a lot! Where would someone go to get database and player face mods? Or is that just done by having the most up to date database on the main menu?

I've heard it mooted a couple times that some players are "locked" editing wise?

Is that true? If it is, I remember us unlocking them all last time but not sure if that was on console or not?

Players with their faces scanned appear to have been locked. Some are not. I think it's upto the unions to pick who is locked my guess is if they are National Side and facescanned they're locked.

Thanks a lot! Where would someone go to get database and player face mods? Or is that just done by having the most up to date database on the main menu?
If your on pc, just search the forum man. There are a lot of player faces and databases available.

I'm going to work now so I'll hook you up later tonight with some hyperlinks, if needed.

Anyone purchased this on the Switch yet? Any impressions on it?

Debating on the purchase. Lots of mixed reviews.

From the videos I've seen it looks graphically archaic on the Switch, with very little effort made to port it properly. I have a Switch too and will definitely go the Xbox route if I end up buying it.

Now there's a name I've not seen for a while.

I have it on the switch, TBH it has better frame rate than my Xbox one S..... Graphically the pitch, the crowd and the stadium are dropped right down, the players look near identical to the Xbox One (at a smaller resolution obviously)
I prefer it on the switch until they sort out the framerate issues on the Xbox

Now there's a name I've not seen for a while.

I have it on the switch, TBH it has better frame rate than my Xbox one S..... Graphically the pitch, the crowd and the stadium are dropped right down, the players look near identical to the Xbox One (at a smaller resolution obviously)
I prefer it on the switch until they sort out the framerate issues on the Xbox

:cool: ... long time lurker ...

Thanks. Still finding it tough to pull the trigger at £50 over here. Would love a rugby game on the switch or Xbox. Has a release date for the final version been announced?

Latest posts