• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: South Africa - Australia (29/09/2012)

This backline would be amazing for the next WC:
Reinach, Lambie/Goosen, Rhule/Aplon, Serfontein, Jordaan, Pietersen, Taute/Ludik

Boks have some excellent young backs, I hope they use them to their fullest (except against Wales).

Calling up an outside center to replace Frans Steyn really does tell you something. It shows you Meyer is finally convinced his captain should play in his favorite position.

Judging by Heineken's posts on here, Arno Botha is the new lovechild of Pierre Spies, Richie McCaw, Juan Smith and Heinrich Brussouw. So he must be happy, aren't you Hein? :D

Much love for including Rhule, Eze. Let's wait another year or two though, I don't see Habana retiring just yet and JP Pietersen still has one world cup in him. I do however see him playing for the Boks.

I'm very happy with Botha's selection. though I don't think he will play. But the thinking behind his selection makes sense as he can play no. 8 and flanker, yet I wonder how Keegan Daniel is feeling right now as he can also play those positions, he has a few caps as well, and has been part of the Bok squad this season.

then again, if we look at who Botha is there to cover, it makes a lot of sense. he's in the place of Jacques Potgieter and on back-up for Willem Alberts who has a ****le after the Aussie match. Botha is a big strong guy, with amazing pace, great hands and a hard work ethic...

He's like Pierre Spies, but better...

Anyway, I think Eze and the other Shark-fanboys are holding thumbs that Zane Kirchner doesn't recover in time from a bruised hip when AAC crashed into him... Giving Lambie a start at fullback...

According to SS Blitz, the Boks made 187 tackles on the weekend and only missed 7... Is this a confirmed stat? If so, that is bloody awesome

I think had CJ Stander not made such a selfish move he would have been in the Bok squad now.
Would give Mapoe a fair chance but his is very injury prone

Keegan will always be a brilliant Super 15 player but average test player imho, Arno Botha is a better choice for the future
Lambie should get gametime at the Sharks or Boks, apart from a few faithful supporters here he still needs to convince the majority of commentators, writers and supporters, the limited chances he gets he is not over convincing, and that is to blame for his mismanagement on provincial and Bok level.

I'm very happy with Botha's selection. though I don't think he will play. But the thinking behind his selection makes sense as he can play no. 8 and flanker, yet I wonder how Keegan Daniel is feeling right now as he can also play those positions, he has a few caps as well, and has been part of the Bok squad this season.

then again, if we look at who Botha is there to cover, it makes a lot of sense. he's in the place of Jacques Potgieter and on back-up for Willem Alberts who has a ****le after the Aussie match. Botha is a big strong guy, with amazing pace, great hands and a hard work ethic...

He's like Pierre Spies, but better...

Anyway, I think Eze and the other Shark-fanboys are holding thumbs that Zane Kirchner doesn't recover in time from a bruised hip when AAC crashed into him... Giving Lambie a start at fullback...

According to SS Blitz, the Boks made 187 tackles on the weekend and only missed 7... Is this a confirmed stat? If so, that is bloody awesome

187 seems a little steep to me generally. Maybe if a team have only 30% posession it'd get that high. I wouldn't be confident with that number.

I think had CJ Stander not made such a selfish move he would have been in the Bok squad now.
Would give Mapoe a fair chance but his is very injury prone

Keegan will always be a brilliant Super 15 player but average test player imho, Arno Botha is a better choice for the future
Lambie should get gametime at the Sharks or Boks, apart from a few faithful supporters here he still needs to convince the majority of commentators, writers and supporters, the limited chances he gets he is not over convincing, and that is to blame for his mismanagement on provincial and Bok level.

Agreed on Stander having shot himself in the foot. I think Mapoe was unlucky not have earned a call up under PdV while he was at the Cheetahs and our incumbent wings, particularly Habana was off form. Pity he got injured during that time. He has since proved himself to be a very reliable player and I'd like to see him on the wing again.
Lambie has to be the most mismanaged players ince Russell, even more so than Pienaar and F Steyn IMO. LOL... I'm not even sure why I am replying as I'm just saying what uyou have already said.

187 seems a little steep to me generally. Maybe if a team have only 30% posession it'd get that high. I wouldn't be confident with that number.

i wouldn't be suprised if it was that high esp for SA... hell they like defending, 50% might even be "friendly fire" :p

Agreed on Stander having shot himself in the foot. I think Mapoe was unlucky not have earned a call up under PdV while he was at the Cheetahs and our incumbent wings, particularly Habana was off form. Pity he got injured during that time. He has since proved himself to be a very reliable player and I'd like to see him on the wing again.
Lambie has to be the most mismanaged players ince Russell, even more so than Pienaar and F Steyn IMO. LOL... I'm not even sure why I am replying as I'm just saying what uyou have already said.

187 sounds about right.

7 missed tackles = 4% missed tackles in total.

That would mean that if we made 200 tackles, to have 4% missed, we had to miss 8 tackles...

Jeesh but I remember reading that the Bok with the most tackles made 10 completed tackles. That'd mean that all the others and all subs had to make 9 to get near the 187 mark. That sounds like a lot to me unless the info that 10 was a high tackle count is way off the mark.

Verusco.com have the Boks making 179/187 tackles (a 95% success rate). In comparison they have Australia making 109/130 tackles (a 84% success rate).
Scrum.com (who for some reason always count far less tackles) have South Africa making 131/137 tackles (96%).

These certainly point to a pretty exceptional defensive effort by the Boks!

Latest posts