• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: South Africa - Australia (29/09/2012)

We were ahead of them in the RWC as well prior to our game and I wouldn't call that encounter fair either.

I wouldn't say we are weak. Certainly our game against Arg we weren't up to scratch and Argentina played out of their skins and deserved to win but in Aus and NZ we were our own worst enemy IMO and should eally have taken both those games. Best player selections, missed opportunities and lack of attacking intent were all wrong. Remember SA didn't have close to the continuity that NZ or Aus had post RWC.

I'd be very surprised if we lost all our games in Europe. I'd be happily surprised if we won all of them but you'd have to agree that it'd be against any reasonable expectation if we lost them all.

I can't believe you replied to that statement!

Lol, every team is weaker away from home... DUH!!!

Australia also haven't won a game away from home, and neither did Argentina. Geez... Neither did Ireland, Wales or England when they toured the SH earlier in the year.

playing away from home has other implications which needed to be considered also.

I wonder what the bright spark will say when New Zealand loses more than 3 games away from home after each other? probably something about food poisoning or jetlag or some other bullshit. but NEVER, oh no, NEVER will be because the All Blacks were outsmarted, outplayed or just poor.

Shut up Icemn. If you look at the venues where the All Blacks played before this fixture, you see every stadium is there.

2011: Port Elizabeth (coast)
2010: Soweto (highveld)
2009: Durban (coast) and Bloem (inland)
2008: Cape Town (coast)
2007: Durban (coast)
2006: Rustenburg (inland) and Pretoria (highveld)
2005: Cape Town (coast)
2004: Johannesburg (highveld)

Hmmm, Since 2004 they played twice in Durban and Cape Town. Not really highveld hey

Australia also haven't won a game away from home, and neither did Argentina. Geez... Neither did Ireland, Wales or England when they toured the SH earlier in the year.

playing away from home has other implications which needed to be considered also.

I wonder what the bright spark will say when New Zealand loses more than 3 games away from home after each other? probably something about food poisoning or jetlag or some other bullshit. but NEVER, oh no, NEVER will be because the All Blacks were outsmarted, outplayed or just poor.

:O how did sparky see my post? did he miss me so much he removed me from his "Ignore List" :i-m_so_happy:

Shut up Icemn. If you look at the venues where the All Blacks played before this fixture, you see every stadium is there.

2011: Port Elizabeth (coast)
2010: Soweto (highveld)
2009: Durban (coast) and Bloem (inland)
2008: Cape Town (coast)
2007: Durban (coast)
2006: Rustenburg (inland) and Pretoria (highveld)
2005: Cape Town (coast)
2004: Johannesburg (highveld)

Hmmm, Since 2004 they played twice in Durban and Cape Town. Not really highveld hey
i said mostly...
6- Highveld
4 - Coast

Rustenburg is like 100kms from Pretoria :?

But they tend to put the AB in dry places and AUS in wetlands :D just my own conspiricy theary lol

Nah, me and stormer are quoting you so heineken can read it ;)

Lol, he's getting dumber by the minute...

Interesting stats that of All Blacks playing in SA. I see no Loftus there, was the last time the All Blacks played there the 16-52 thrashing they gave us?? then it kinda makes sense why they didn't play there again.

Can't recall that happening since South Africa introduced neutral referees to international fixtures.

On a serious note, I think that targeting Iceman by attacking New Zealanders is a little unfair. NZ did happen to have food poison in 1995, whether it was coincidental or not who cares now. In 2007 we lost because of a poor referee performance. Those two incidents, more than a decade apart are the only two instances I can recall New Zealanders really complaining. There were more than that from Bok fans in the 2010 season (in which 1000's of conspiricies ranging from NZ controling IRB and Paddy O'Brien changing the rules so we would win). NZ is extremely critical of the All Blacks, even when they win we criticise and say they did poorly. Please, if you want to have a go at Iceman fine, he seems to handle it fust fine, but attacking NZ is rough.

Last edited:
i said mostly...
6- Highveld
4 - Coast

Rustenburg is like 100kms from Pretoria :?

But they tend to put the AB in dry places and AUS in wetlands :D just my own conspiricy theary lol

Ehm, how many stadiums do we have on the coast? 3 (Cape Town, PE, Durban). We have more stadiums inland. Bloem, Pretoria, Witbank, Jo'burg, Soweto, Rustenburg. That's twice the number of stadiums. We actually play the All Blacks more in coastal cities when you take into account the location of the stadiums.

It's 5-5 by the way since Port Elizabeth is a coastal city as well. See how you twist the truth to accommodate your own opinion?

Can't recall that happening since South Africa introduced neutral referees to international fixtures.

On a serious note, I think that targeting Iceman by attacking New Zealanders is a little unfair. NZ did happen to have food poison in 1995, whether it was coincidental or not who cares now. In 2007 we lost because of a poor referee performance. Those two incidents, more than a decade apart are the only two instances I can recall New Zealanders really complaining. There were more than that from Bok fans in the 2010 season (in which 1000's of conspiricies ranging from NZ controling IRB and Paddy O'Brien changing the rules so we would win). NZ is extremely critical of the All Blacks, even when they win we criticise and say they did poorly. Please, if you want to have a go at Iceman fine, he seems to handle it fust fine, but attacking NZ is rough.

Lol, I agree 100% with you Nick.

My comments was mainly focused on towards the mentally retarded...

He is after all the biggest conspiracy theorist of us all...

And those instances I mentioned was purely because those are the exact type of excuses Icemn would use, whether it happened or not.

I won't Blame NZ ever for losing due to supernatural doings. they are just a team like any other, and have flaws like any other. By being so critical on our National team, even when they are playing well and winning, is what seperates us from the pack. hence the envy by other nations.

Ehm, how many stadiums do we have on the coast? 3 (Cape Town, PE, Durban). We have more stadiums inland. Bloem, Pretoria, Witbank, Jo'burg, Soweto, Rustenburg. That's twice the number of stadiums. We actually play the All Blacks more in coastal cities when you take into account the location of the stadiums.

It's 5-5 by the way since Port Elizabeth is a coastal city as well. See how you twist the truth to accommodate your own opinion?

Well don't forget George, the All Blacks used to play there every year... and that's a coastal city too.

Icemn has his opinions with varying degrees of relevance and no amount of logic will change those which he does not want to see change. In his eyes the Springboks will always be and have always been (apart from under PdV) a team of big bully Boere playing with 10 men while the other 12 play stampkar somewhere on a parking lot because they couldn't get to the stadium on account of the bus not be able to start.

Icemn has his opinions with varying degrees of relevance and no amount of logic will change those which he does not want to see change. In his eyes the Springboks will always be and have always been (apart from under PdV) a team of big bully Boere playing with 10 men while the other 12 play stampkar somewhere on a parking lot because they couldn't get to the stadium on account of the bus not be able to start.

yes yes, but that's also a contradictory statement... As Boere actually know how to fix a car... even if it was part of a stampkar mashfest...

"'n Boer maak 'n plan"

so if you have 1 coastal staduim, you can only play 1 game there and not 2 for the year :rolleyes:...

so if you have 1 coastal staduim, you can only play 1 game there and not 2 for the year :rolleyes:...

No, we have 3 coastal stadiums and 6 in the highveld. Despite that double number of stadiums at altitude, the All Blacks still play 50% of their matches over the last 10 years at sea-level. What's your answer to that?

No, we have 3 coastal stadiums and 6 in the highveld. Despite that double number of stadiums at altitude, the All Blacks still play 50% of their matches over the last 10 years at sea-level. What's your answer to that?
looks like they trying not to make it look that obvious... Cape Town seemed to have disappeared from the map for the near future...
Only KZN and PE remain... has there ever been a big rugby match at the new Cape Town staduim :?

I think we are on the right track and I hope we stay on it selection-wise and attacking intent-wise. I think we actually have the base for a very good team right now. Apart from the matchday 22 who would still be able to add value? If I had to pick a squad of 30 to tour to Europe and all were fit I'd go with;

Props
Oosthuizen, Cilliers, Du Plessis, Beast, Kitshoff/Van der Merwe (development)

Hookers
Du Plessis, Strauss, Ralepele

Locks
Mostert, Etzebeth, Bekker, Kruger

Loosies
Louw, Coetzee, Vermeulen, Alberts, Kolisi/Schoeman/Stander (development)

Scrummies
Pienaar, Van Zyl/Reinach (development)

Flyhalves
Goosen, Jantjies

Wings
Habana, JP Pietersen, Aplon

Centers
F Steyn, JdV (for now as I see him as replaced by test season next year)

Fullback
Ludik (still only 25 and getting back to his best and even better than pre-injury 2009)

Utility
Lambie, Taute, Hougaard

tumblr_luezor6BTG1qji1wao1_500.png

@Stormer

Shouldn't we use the EOYT to experiment with a new center and captain for 2013?

looks like they trying not to make it look that obvious... Cape town seemed to have disappeared from the map for the near future...
Only kzn and pe remain... Has there ever been a big rugby match at the new cape town staduim :?

omg

Latest posts