• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby is being ruined

Its more the fact that people think because they're a kiwi they're an authority on Rugby, the way this guy announced he was a kiwi was similar to having a top fan badge on facebook. It's neat but no one cares. Not a jab at you at all you're a top fella, but this Tony fella did make a point of letting everyone know that he was from New Zealand and that made him the big boss in the topic.
Mate not a big boss and I am just saying the onus now should go onto the playing falling in the tackle unless there is true intent and malice from the tackler

Its more the fact that people think because they're a kiwi they're an authority on Rugby, the way this guy announced he was a kiwi was similar to having a top fan badge on facebook. It's neat but no one cares. Not a jab at you at all you're a top fella, but this Tony fella did make a point of letting everyone know that he was from New Zealand and that made him the big boss in the topic.
Mate not a big boss and
Wow must take one hell of an education to figure that out and if it were accurate I would probably leave it alone, unfortunately, it isn't so I won't.

Other than the two half baked Italians demonstrating the art of spear tackling for the ref the majority of the cards have been for players falling into tackles so while it is neat to be able to give the glib response "Here's a hint don't tackle at head height" it is very inaccurate as they are not tacking at head height but rather stomach to chest height.

What are the stats to date 26 yellow and 7 red cards handed out in the pool games now you can and do try to argue that these offences have been in place for years which is true however for some reason they waited until rugby's showcase event to enforce them and then treated every offence as the worst case, if they keep this up the winner will be the team with the most players left on the field at the end of the day which as I have said is detracting from the sport.

As an aside, we were taught to ensure your tackle was below nipple height, preferably wrap the elbows up to prevent offloads and encourage dislocation of the ball.
What you are explaining is the perfect hit
I am just saying the onus now should go onto the playing falling in the tackle unless there is true intent and malice from the tackler

Wow must take one hell of an education to figure that out and if it were accurate I would probably leave it alone, unfortunately, it isn't so I won't.

Other than the two half baked Italians demonstrating the art of spear tackling for the ref the majority of the cards have been for players falling into tackles so while it is neat to be able to give the glib response "Here's a hint don't tackle at head height" it is very inaccurate as they are not tacking at head height but rather stomach to chest height.

What are the stats to date 26 yellow and 7 red cards handed out in the pool games now you can and do try to argue that these offences have been in place for years which is true however for some reason they waited until rugby's showcase event to enforce them and then treated every offence as the worst case, if they keep this up the winner will be the team with the most players left on the field at the end of the day which as I have said is detracting from the sport.

As an aside, we were taught to ensure your tackle was below nipple height, preferably wrap the elbows up to prevent offloads and encourage dislocation of the ball.
Mate what your explains is the perfect hit thank goodness someone knows how to hit still bravo

Mate not a big boss and I am just saying the onus now should go onto the playing falling in the tackle unless there is true intent and malice from the tackler

So a referee has to read their mind to judge malice/intent? or just guess?

No mate it is pretty obvious when there is malice and now with the TMO involvement makes it even easier and I will say this with all teams involved not just the ABs if you are intentionally out to hurt you DO NOT belong on s rugby feild

But you made a big show of telling us how you're born and bred rugby and from New Zealand the land of the gods and the only place big boss rugby experts come from. How are we supposed to deal with a flex of that magnitude?

But you made a big show of telling us how you're born and bred rugby and from New Zealand the land of the gods and the only place big boss rugby experts come from. How are we supposed to deal with a flex of that magnitude?
No mate your the one making the big deal out of where I am from pretty sure other people from other countries may agree with what I say and I am not looking to put down or poke any fun at anyone am just seeing if anyone sees what I do

No mate it is pretty obvious when there is malice and now with the TMO involvement makes it even easier and I will say this with all teams involved not just the ABs if you are intentionally out to hurt you DO NOT belong on s rugby feild
you know malice is a thought, a desire to do harm...what you're talking about is interpreting someones thoughts from their actions, too much room for error.

Rules, in my mind, shouldn't need interpretation from the ref, interpretation si where we're getting all this inconsistency

No mate your the one making the big deal out of where I am from pretty sure other people from other countries may agree with what I say and I am not looking to put down or poke any fun at anyone am just seeing if anyone sees what I do

From New Zealand where the BEST rugby is

Hmmm you seemed to think it was a big deal earlier?

The idea of rules are to protect players, whether there is intent or accidental you get punished much the same as real life.
If I accidentally run a red light and flattened your daughter or wife with my car would you want me to get off scott free because there was no malice or intent? No I think you'd want me punished for it. Much the same way if someone accidentally shoulder charges a player in the face, you'd want them to get some sort of a punishment other than a penalty....

you know malice is a thought, a desire to do harm...what you're talking about is interpreting someones thoughts from their actions, too much room for error.

Rules, in my mind, shouldn't need interpretation from the ref, interpretation si where we're getting all this inconsistency
I wholly disagree we are taught to hit chest height it slows the ball down makes the tackled player know he has ran into someone who means businesses and allows the flankers to get the time to get over the ball all great rugby techniques not one of them meant to harm the player being tackled but if he falls into the tackle it all changes obviously

@Tony vellere

So, you've definitely calmed a little after your opening few tirades yesterday and I reckon that honestly you didn't know of all the moving parts at play here and why World Rugby... and subsequently the Refs are making the decisions they are.

It's fine, and I get that your a bit miffed that the residual self-projection of what you believe Rugby should be is being lost but the reasons for it are paramount. Players, teams and Coaches will adapt (with the possible exception of Italian props who are still frikkin dump tackling for some bizarre reason) and once they do this current level of cards being flashed will decline... due to teams steering well clear of going above the nipple. They can still hit hard, in the right place... and Rugby will be fine.

Anyway, welcome to the forum... great initiation btw ;).

Classic with Johnny sexton as you player I see where you are coming from

Wut?? Do I look Irish to you??

I have now given you an official warning for your double postings. If this continues, I will lock this thread, and give you a ban.

And this counts for everybody.

Well you've got the same passport/accent as most of their players...

Haha!

Touchè!

But seriously, how can anyone take this guy seriously if he can't recognise the Springbok emblem on the jersey of my avatar, or the legend wearing the jersey. Or the South African flag under my avatar...

Latest posts