• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

If this game only features the World Cup (like the FIFA World Cup games by EA Sports) it is definitely not worth paying 60 euro's for. If this is just a World Cup game and another game is published later on with club/provincial teams I can understand but having only 20 teams will definitely not make it a game to remember.

I should add for international competitions, qualifying series would be awesome!! Take Portugal from the ENC to the world cup final.

So is there only going to be 20 teams if so i will still buy it but i was looking forward to playing club rugby on it to.

Game sounds great!!!! I am disappointed about licensing and no clubs. Im delighted about online. Im also sickened about the release date,i was hoping it'd be a week earlier,before i go back to school........yuck!

Looking forward to the game though!

more interested in rugby challenge which is currently being made by sidhe which has super league n all that ting
i mean 20 teams for a game is not good:mellow: and rugby challenge has many more

game will be absalute **** if it is supposted to be a world cup game without the two favourites including the host nation licensed

I see the sidhe forum members have finally noticed. Oh whoopie.

more interested in rugby challenge which is currently being made by sidhe which has super league n all that ting
i mean 20 teams for a game is not good:mellow: and rugby challenge has many more

Surely a game isn't just about licences, its got to be about gameplay...

Fifa vs Pro Evo comes to mind!

TBF, by the sounds of things so far one game has 18 licences and one game has 12... More thinking should occur anyone before complains too hard!!!! :lol:

So we are not gonna get a game with the magners and super rugby competitons then?

the world cup will be awesome to play but we also need a game with domestic competitons aswell,
theres enough shitty fifa games out there so why not a rugby game in the style of the fifa franchise?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear Cymro coming this way to tell you this is not an EA Sports game ;)

Sounds good hoping the RWC licence includes NZ and Aus but looks like i'll be getting both, RWC2011 for the WC and Rugby challenege for everything else

There'll probably be a workaround for the NZ-Aussie teams. Take cricket for example, EA hold licenses for the World Cup, yet the Codemasters games still featured England and Australia from their Ashes licenses, along with their grounds and alternate kits. The licenses may be the same.

I was thinking there could be a loophole with kits because specific WC kits will be released for the WC (with the IRB logo on and no sponsors etc.) so these might not be included in the original deal

Who knows though, all speculation - guess we'll find out in August :D

i don't want to buy 2 games just to have all the world cup teams licensed hahahah jk i was looking for a reason to buy both . but still cant wait for a rugby game especially with ireland probaly being one of those licensed teams :)

Last edited:

Latest posts