• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

They should look for Licesensing for clubs and leagues as a DLC if possible after the world cup because people will get very bored with international,hope this suggestion will help.:)

Although the point has been made numerous times it is still a valid point, and your new; so what I really wanted to do was to be the first to say: Welcome to The Rugby Forum!

This from Mario's post on Sidhe forum.

"The All Blacks and Wallabies, their logos, official kits, and team lineups will only appear in Rugby Challenge.

The IRB World Cup license does not convey any rights over the participating teams. They must all be licensed seperately in addition to the World Cup license. "

The leader of the competitor has all but confirmed the ABs and Wallabies won't officially feature in Rugby World Cup game.

This from Mario's post on Sidhe forum.

"The All Blacks and Wallabies, their logos, official kits, and team lineups will only appear in Rugby Challenge.

The IRB World Cup license does not convey any rights over the participating teams. They must all be licensed seperately in addition to the World Cup license. "

The leader of the competitor has all but confirmed the ABs and Wallabies won't officially feature in Rugby World Cup game.

Yes and it would seem patently obvious that this is the case. Still, there seems to be a lot of "wait and see what HB have to say" talk, which for the life of me I can't quite understand as I'm sure Mario isn't rubbing it in, but replying to questions he's having to field.

Still, let's just wait and see what HB have to say...........

Hope HB have Springbok license...would hate to have to buy rugby challenge, cause i am very confident HB's game will have the superior realistic Gameplay and Graphics/Visuals. C'mon HB!!!

I'm not sure which game he may have done something for, but this is a piece of what I heard during the Highlanders Vs Blues tonight.

Grant Nisbett: "I feel like I've said that a few times before" (or something like that).

Justin Marshall: "Is there something going on there I should know about Grant?".

Grant Nisbett: "Well a couple of things actually, heh heh".

Then on with commentary as usual.

This could mean anything I suppose, but I hope it's what it sounds like.

I'm not sure which game he may have done something for, but this is a piece of what I heard during the Highlanders Vs Blues tonight.

Grant Nisbett: "I feel like I've said that a few times before" (or something like that).

Justin Marshall: "Is there something going on there I should know about Grant?".

Grant Nisbett: "Well a couple of things actually, heh heh".

Then on with commentary as usual.

This could mean anything I suppose, but I hope it's what it sounds like.

Oooooooooh v interesting! Would be funny if you were right :D

Oooooooooh v interesting! Would be funny if you were right :D

Well not sure myself just yet, but it sounded a little that way. He almost sounded like he didn't want to say too much and quickly moved on. Still, it may mean nothing. I'm paying close attention to him from now on to see if he says anything else of the kind, but at the moment it falls into the "possible" category. :)

i still play rugby 05 06 and 08 etc because you can play super rugby, heinken cup, world cup six nations etc....with jus a world cup....this game could get boring...fast :/

If we are able to selct our own world cup squad in this game; this would be my springbok squad.

Front row:

Beast, Guthro Steenkamp, John Smit(C) bismarck du Plessis, Schalk Brits, Jannie Du Plessis and Brian Mujati.

Second Row:

Bakkies Botha, Victor Matfield, Andries Bekker, Rynhardt Elstadt and Danie Rossouw (Can cover at looseforward).

Looseforwards:

Schalk Burger, Heinrich Brussouw, Willem Alberts, Jean Deysel and Pierre Spies.

Halfbacks:

Fourie Du Preez, Francois Hougaard, Ruan Pienaar, Patrick Lambie and Elton Jantjes.

Centre:

Jean De Villiers, Jaque Fourie, Adrian Jacobs and Marius Joubert.

Outside back:

Francois Steyn, Bjorn Basson, JP Peterson and Odwa Ndungane.

Last edited:
Gutted theres not league!!!!!!!!!!

think i may just hire it when it comes out!!!! :(:( :rolleyes:

It's not the end of the world if the all blacks and wallabies might not feature...there's still teams like england, wales, south africa and ireland to make the game challenging and if gameplay and realism is outstanding than you will struggle even against smaller countries. And, (for those who think they will get bored) just insert the sidhe disc and if you get bored with that then just play hb's game again ;) can't wait !

It's not the end of the world if the all blacks and wallabies might not feature...there's still teams like england, wales, south africa and ireland to make the game challenging and if gameplay and realism is outstanding than you will struggle even against smaller countries. And, (for those who think they will get bored) just insert the sidhe disc and if you get bored with that then just play hb's game again ;) can't wait !
All Blacks and Wallabies may not feature, but New Zealand and Austrailia will. No doubt captained by Robert McCaw and Elsom respectively.

And Sommy Dill Williams will probably run rampant. But what exactly is the setup so far if sidhe says that only they have rights to the all blacks and wallabies kits,etc. ?

I dunno how many times it has been said but ill say it again for those who cannot be bothered to read through the thread.

No news on who is or who isn't licensed in the game. But the news will be here soon and it will be on the board first.

Me and my friends were all wondering when a new rugby game was coming out , we all got excited and i told them about this , we spent the next 7 HOURS playing rugby 08 to calm us down , really can't wait , i don't care theres only international teams and 1 tournament ( confirmed so far atleast ) , it's a new ruby game for me to play :D

shame sidhe and hb couldn't develop a ***le together really. A massive monster of a game with all competitions and licenses....

Like FIFA but 100000000000000000000000000003 times better. Good idea. With competitions including RWC 2015, Aviva Prem, Heinikin Cup, ITM Cup, Super Rugby and even tornaments like the Asia 5 nations. It would be just like FIFA filled with s@$t loads of leagues that no one has ever herd of and never play, let's face it people really only play Spanish and English leagues, or in this game only Super Rugby, Heini Cup and World Cup 2015

Latest posts