• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

It's quite frankly ridiculous that 2,5 months before release we haven't seen a single trailer or screenshot of this game. At least the guys at Sidhe know how to keep people awaiting their game satisfied with meaningful updates and interesting articles about the development of Rugby Challenge.

Why do you need screenshots. Will they make the gameplay or Graphics any better? I'm happy I know two rugby games are coming out and competition usually makes things better. Also Sidhe haven't shown any real screenshots only player models.

It's quite frankly ridiculous that 2,5 months before release we haven't seen a single trailer or screenshot of this game.
I don't think so, at all
I haven't seen anything of Assassins Creed Revelations and that's out later this year

I don't believe in a sense of entitlement when it comes to games - seeing something 1 day before it comes out makes no difference to me than if I see it 3 months before it comes out
To be fair, I could see no screenshots until I hold the case in my hand in the shop and it'd make the same amount of difference over me buying it, as at the end of the day an image makes no difference over gameplay, which at the end of the day is going to dictate whether I buy or keep a game etc.

Why do you need screenshots. Will they make the gameplay or Graphics any better? I'm happy I know two rugby games are coming out and competition usually makes things better. Also Sidhe haven't shown any real screenshots only player models.
Ah, cmac95 beat me to it :p
Technically HB have released more than Sidhe as Sidhes models were renders, while the grass that HB showed was actual in game grass ;)

Ah. the sweet, sweet grass. It did look like some nice green grass!

I play rugby and none of my teammates know about this game. Why not? Because HB's marketing for this game sucks big time. How are people outside the rugby world to know about this game if you don't put any effort in marketing it by means of a screenshot, trailer or background articles?

I play rugby and none of my teammates know about this game. Why not? Because HB's marketing for this game sucks big time. How are people outside the rugby world to know about this game if you don't put any effort in marketing it by means of a screenshot, trailer or background articles?

<object width="853" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DksSPZTZES0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DksSPZTZES0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Wow, great argument! Don't cry me a river if this game doesn't sell because of obscurity and no other rugby game is made in 4 or 5 years.

Agree to an extent. Some of the stuff takes a while to approve and stuff like that before they can let us know or share it.

Yes, if i was not desperately looking for a Rugby game on Xbox 360 for the past 3 years i don't think i would have stumbled upon this game until it gets advertised in the stores everywhere. But i am just happy that HB Studios and 505 games are bringing us a top quality and realistic representation/simulation of Rugby Union on Xbox 360 and Ps3. If i was a Billionaire i would 4 sure give Hb Studios a big Bunch; they are the best at rugby games and their reputation will certainly grow a lot more after the release of this game. With all the input TRF have given and the great knowledge and experience HB have in making Sport Simulations, this will be an awesome game and will def. keep me away from buying that game called Fifa. Rugby is the Ultimate test of a professional athlete.
Hopefully we will get some stuff within the next 2 or so weeks...that is my lucky guess

If you even bothered to look, theres an article from an xbox magazine on the previous page. Its advertised across the web also on other sites ... really can't please some.

Why does it bother me if the game sells or not? Great argument there.

Ja, you are right.
But who cares anyway, despite what i might have said earlier.The stores and online stores advertise 2 weeks before release anyway. HB should Spend all the money on Development, not advertising, it is done for them.

That article (Xbox Mag) is nice; but we still have not got any real details. But, i guess we will just have to wait for the game to come out, will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
If they do not have the rights to use the Wallabies and All Blacks in their game would jerseys like these be allowed for use with the New Zealand and Australia teams in this game?

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/20862.html

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/20883.html

PS I KNOW THEY ARE T-SHIRTS

I was told this would be used.
plus-convict-prisoner-costume.jpg

Why does it bother me if the game sells or not? Great argument there.

If you read his reasoning then you'd realise it is a good argument. Games that sell get sequels, games that don't sell don't. If you like Rugby games and want to play one with club teams in it then you sort of have to hope this first one sells well. Or do you just want to post another youtube video and not bother to read anything anyone else says?

There are certain expectations of games, and they're perfectly reasonable. If a game doesn't meet these expectations, then it's quality will be questioned. I get that everyone likes having HB onboard this forum but you don't have to white-knight every single thing they do, especially when it's something silly like expecting any kind of screenshot
2 months before release.

What a tune. JT's a voice of a generation :D :D :D He's like a modern day MJ without the controversy :p

in all seriousness though, im sure closer to release there will be more info available. I think possibly end of june ish is a more realistic idea on when to expect "juicy" info.

If you read his reasoning then you'd realise it is a good argument. Games that sell get sequels, games that don't sell don't. If you like Rugby games and want to play one with club teams in it then you sort of have to hope this first one sells well. Or do you just want to post another youtube video and not bother to read anything anyone else says?

There are certain expectations of games, and they're perfectly reasonable. If a game doesn't meet these expectations, then it's quality will be questioned. I get that everyone likes having HB onboard this forum but you don't have to white-knight every single thing they do, especially when it's something silly like expecting any kind of screenshot
2 months before release.

Lets get this straight sunshine, the game is coming out in August ... more than two months away. Two he said that there been no advertising ... yet there's been interviews conducted in magazines, website etc and three you can pe-order the game on websites. What more in the way of advertising do you want. Don't say screenshots because they will come out when they are good and ready.

Also it gets tired reading through the same similar pointless posts, some people have yet to learn patient or engage their brain before posting or even bother reading. Ill direct people to the blog article written by best_fullback. Located here: http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?22187-It-s-in-the-game

With the game being still over 3 months away it wouldn't surprise me if we don't much for another month... It would seem silly (from a marketing perspective) to start releasing too much too early, The release date wont be any earlier just because we have seen screen shots. Lets just chill out and wait for the games release.

September is gonna be a crazy Rugby filled month when i'm not watching the World Cup i'll be playing it!!! :D

There's no point creating a rugby game if it has only 20 teams in it, personally i've never bought World Cup Football games, think they're crap, i'm really disappointed hb studios !

There's no point creating a rugby game if it has only 20 teams in it, personally i've never bought World Cup Football games, think they're crap, i'm really disappointed hb studios !

facepalm-e1292386191569.jpg

Alright if tougo says so... We should drop the idea of the game...
But then again you're dissapointed at hb studios for making a world cup game with 20 Teams ? Because last time i saw the rugby world cup only has 20 teams... Hence the name rugby world cup.

they should really release more info about the game at this stage,sick of waiting :( I hate being impatienet :'(