• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Ghee, what about a decent website with information, interviews with the developers of the game, updates on the creation of RWC2011. Something to get other people's (people outside of this forum / rugby world) interest.

Did you even read what you quoted? He said that there has been interviews conducted with magazines and other websites. Last time I checked that was outside of this forum. As they have the official licence for the world cup, I would imagine thats when and where the advertising will start. Biggest rugby audience covering the whole world with actual players promoting it. Similar to F12010 getting Hamilton and his brother promoting it at the Italian race.

I am sure HB and 505 Games will know what will work best...i think we will see players for each region. Eg. It will probably sell better in the US if they see an American on the Cover. SA...we love rugby, but just don't put an Aussie/All Black on the Cover. A Player such as Victor Matfield will be ideal for the cover in SA, with Jean de Villiers and Beast in the background.
I'm South African and I want to see the two best players in world rugby on the cover and they are Dan Carter and Richie McCaw

I'm South African and I want to see the two best players in world rugby on the cover and they are Dan Carter and Richie McCaw

Does not matter what you want to see; u probably support New Zealand anyway. Don't see any country flag.

Need to make sure the cover attracts buyers and in General the most popular players in South Africa are Victor Matfield, Beast, etc.(Example) Little kids might not go and ask their parents to buy them the game, because they don't see their heroes on the cover. With New Zealanders on the cover i might initially think it is Sidhe's game, which i don't want, Hb's game will be a lot better.

Does not matter what you want to see; u probably support New Zealand anyway. Don't see any country flag.

Need to make sure the cover attracts buyers and in General the most popular players in South Africa are Victor Matfield, Beast, etc.(Example) Little kids might not go and ask their parents to buy them the game, because they don't see their heroes on the cover. With New Zealanders on the cover i might initially think it is Sidhe's game, which i don't want, Hb's game will be a lot better.

out of curiosity why are you so sure HB's game will be better then Sidhe's?

HB have past experience. Sidhe have made a few decent rugby league games but not a union one yet. I'm not saying sidhes will be bad and if it is better hopefully that will spur on competition and we could get a rugby version of PES vs FIFA and that will turn rugby games into some of the best sports games out there.

For to determine its length using your formula one would need to know its length first? :p

RWC and Rugby Challenge are two completely differant games. RWC appeals to everyone, except for New Zealand & Australia. Where is Rugby Challenge is a 100000x bonus to NZ & AU. Personally I can't wait for both games and I'll buy both

You say that, I notice the word "exclusive" isn't being sung from the rooftops about he ARU and NZRU licences recently. I wonder if HES had secured them by definition in a " it's watertight, nobody else can use them because we have entirely exclusive" sense or a "we're the only people to have the license at the moment therefore it's exclusive" manor.

Be interesting to find out soon.

It's blatantly obvious though that RC is [strike]only[/strike] primarily focusing on the NZ market.

You say that, I notice the word "exclusive" isn't being sung from the rooftops about he ARU and NZRU licences recently. I wonder if HES had secured them by definition in a " it's watertight, nobody else can use them because we have entirely exclusive" sense or a "we're the only people to have the license at the moment therefore it's exclusive" manor.

Be interesting to find out soon.

It's blatantly obvious though that RC is [strike]only[/strike] primarily focusing on the NZ market.

Thats a pretty big claim considering how little we know about either game. For all we know they could have the Aviva Premiership, Magners League and Top 14 (they have asked their forum users to give thoughts on player ratings from Top 14 and Magners League, but wont go into anymore detail)... Until the games are released, or a full list of licenses and game modes are announced we really have no idea what each game will include...

The reason no one is saying "exclusive" anymore is because every time someone does they get jumped all over with, "until HB confirm otherwise it's not true"

That's blatantly obvious because it's made in New Zealand?

Or is it because it's only announced licenses are of course New Zealand and Australia? HB haven't announced anything as yet, so that part can't be part of the reasoning could it?

Or is it because there's two New Zealand commentators? The other recent Rugby Challenge 2006 game (not related at all) had two British commentators, and the majority of licenses were from the Northern Hemisphere mostly the UK, so was that primarily focused on the UK market only?

I don't seem to remember New Zealand members or anyone from TRF's management feeling negatively or unenthusiastically towards that particular ***le for reasons other than how it played and that was after it was released. I seem to remember that it was being actively supported despite EA being into Rugby also at the time.

The reason no one is saying "exclusive" anymore is because every time someone does they get jumped all over with, "until HB confirm otherwise it's not true"

Try not to be too level headed, sensible or fair, that doesn't always go down well. :lol: ;) What's particularly funny about that "HB need to confirm" reply is that if it's confirmed in the next month or two by HB to be fact, it's going to look kind of silly. We're better to play down people's expectations by saying that "to the best of our knowledge at this time Australia and New Zealand may not feature in RWC 2011". At least if we do that and they somehow are in there, people ill feel happy. The current reply is getting some peoples hopes up.

I personally feel that HB are the team to beat for gameplay and they'll produce an excellent rugby game which is what will likely keep people coming back, they have a track record of it. I feel Sidhe will try hard and I hope their game is good and playable, but they have the most to prove on that front and will likely gladly admit it. I believe they've said they are the underdog on this front.

RWC 2011 will kick ass in gameplay for sure. Will also be more realistic aswell. But being a New Zealander the idea of our national sport being portrayed on two differant fronts is very appealing. Especially when one looks firmly at our provincial tornaments and the other our biggest tornament ever is awesome can't wait

RWC 2011 will kick ass in gameplay for sure. Will also be more realistic aswell. But being a New Zealander the idea of our national sport being portrayed on two differant fronts is very appealing. Especially when one looks firmly at our provincial tornaments and the other our biggest tornament ever is awesome can't wait

We are the hosts of the world's rugby tournament. I'm sure you meant well, but it kind of reads a bit like the rugby games are all about New Zealand. :D

I'm also extremely confident in the likely gameplay quality of HB's World Cup ***le.

That's blatantly obvious because it's made in New Zealand?

Or is it because it's only announced licenses are of course New Zealand and Australia? HB haven't announced anything as yet, so that part can't be part of the reasoning could it?

Or is it because there's two New Zealand commentators? The other recent Rugby Challenge 2006 game (not related at all) had two British commentators, and the majority of licenses were from the Northern Hemisphere mostly the UK, so was that primarily focused on the UK market only?

I don't seem to remember New Zealand members or anyone from TRF's management feeling negatively or unenthusiastically towards that particular ***le for reasons other than how it played and that was after it was released. I seem to remember that it was being actively supported despite EA being into Rugby also at the time.

Put your little panties back on and stop getting so protective over the words "New Zealand".

But yes, the centric emphasis has been put on NZ licenses, Jonah Lomu, NZ Commentators, "the feel of S14 games" and bum all else except "there will be other teams, leagues and a franchise mode". So how is that, in all the build up and marketing they've done so far NOT focusing on the NZ market?

Also, please do inform me were the "feeling negatively or unenthusiastically" came from there?

Moot point but I seem to recall a lot of people were unenthusiastic about RC2006 because it was dogshite.

Bullitt makes a fair observation. Our "promotions" and information reveals to date have been very NZ centric (with a smidgeon of Australia thrown in). This is being partly driven by our location as a studio, partly due to NZ being a key license as hosts of the World Cup, and partly because of the limited licenses we have revealed to date. For these reasons, people should expect information and media to continue to be skewed towards "NZ content".

But if it makes anyone feel any better, Rugby Challenge has more Northern Hemisphere licensed teams than Southern Hemisphere licensed teams.

Put your little panties back on and stop getting so protective over the words "New Zealand".

But yes, the centric emphasis has been put on NZ licenses, Jonah Lomu, NZ Commentators, "the feel of S14 games" and bum all else except "there will be other teams, leagues and a franchise mode". So how is that, in all the build up and marketing they've done so far NOT focusing on the NZ market?

Also, please do inform me were the "feeling negatively or unenthusiastically" came from there?

Moot point but I seem to recall a lot of people were unenthusiastic about RC2006 because it was dogshite.

Little panties back on - girl inferences. Not surprised that's the level of discussion jumped to straight away. :lol:

As far as Rugby World Cup 2011 goes at present, the emphasis has been on a World Cup license. Outside of that, no particular areas of the world have been focused on or spoken about. So Sidhe have focused on New Zealand and Australia as far as information released to date, that doesn't mean that their ***le doesn't include many licenses from the Northern Hemisphere...... oops, forgot to read further down. It has more Northern Hemisphere licenses than Southern Hemisphere. :lol:

To inform you where the "feeling negatively or unenthusiastically" comment came from, the answer was me. :D It relates to my own personal observations, y'know the things you seem to have quite explicitly?

As for your moot point, I was making reference to Rugby Challenge before it was released. That would make my point relevant, as this totally unrelated Rugby Challenge is unreleased, as is Rugby World Cup 2011. People were not unenthusiastic in general in my recollection, it was hyped a bit due to TRF's partial association with Swordfish. Y'know when we had Swordfish forums? Until it came out it seemed to be quite promising. We were led to believe that the developers had improved a lot of what was on offer in World Championship Rugby and that the game would play a lot more dynamically.

Still, my point stands. People from NZ on the forum were not generally concerned with the UK-centric nature of Rugby Challenge nature as it had an editor. They were however concerned about the gameplay. If Sidhe's game is similarily disappointing to play, then people will feel about it the same way.

But if it makes anyone feel any better, Rugby Challenge has more Northern Hemisphere licensed teams than Southern Hemisphere licensed teams.

That makes me feel better! Ive been chasing up hints at Northern Licences for ages on the rugby challenge forum. Cheers Mario

Latest posts