• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

That makes me feel better! Ive been chasing up hints at Northern Licences for ages on the rugby challenge forum. Cheers Mario

Sounds good alright. Still, this is the Rugby World Cup Forum and to re-steer the conversation back towards that ***le, I'd like to ask people what piece of info would you most like HB to release next? Some of the licenses? (not all or everyone will reply with that). An editor? Game modes? Gameplay features which buttons and how it controls? Would be good to know

Is the Rugby World Cup Game going to be like FIFA World cup games?
No Club rugby?
If so please include more iternational tournaments. RBS 6 nations, Tri-nations, Asian 5 Nations etc.

So this can be the international rugby game, and Rugby Challenge can be the club rugby game.
Id really be annoyed if we get two alright games with a wierd mix of licences.

Cant we just all get along and share, and have two awsome games!

NOOB..the internetz is serious business :p

Hahaha, so true. :D I really just like refuting things that don't sound that great and trying to balance stuff, but whats the point?

I reckon the next thing I'd like to hear about from HB is an editor is in it. Then I wouldn't care too much about licenses at all myself.

Sounds good alright. Still, this is the Rugby World Cup Forum and to re-steer the conversation back towards that ***le, I'd like to ask people what piece of info would you most like HB to release next? Some of the licenses? (not all or everyone will reply with that). An editor? Game modes? Gameplay features which buttons and how it controls? Would be good to know

My vote is for an image of the control scheme(s). Just because it shouldn't reveal too much, but will be a nice teaser anyhow.

My vote is for an image of the control scheme(s). Just because it shouldn't reveal too much, but will be a nice teaser anyhow.

Something like that would be a good little teaser yeah. I suppose if someone adds a suggestion that sounds harmless enough HB might release that info.

Try not to be too level headed, sensible or fair, that doesn't always go down well. :lol: ;) What's particularly funny about that "HB need to confirm" reply is that if it's confirmed in the next month or two by HB to be fact, it's going to look kind of silly. We're better to play down people's expectations by saying that "to the best of our knowledge at this time Australia and New Zealand may not feature in RWC 2011". At least if we do that and they somehow are in there, people ill feel happy. The current reply is getting some peoples hopes up.

I personally feel that HB are the team to beat for gameplay and they'll produce an excellent rugby game which is what will likely keep people coming back, they have a track record of it. I feel Sidhe will try hard and I hope their game is good and playable, but they have the most to prove on that front and will likely gladly admit it. I believe they've said they are the underdog on this front.

Haha, ok. Point taken... I understand that TRF has to support HB's effort as they are the official forum for the game but it just annoys me when people say stuff that is not true (or at least not that we know of).

An interesting point i'd like to make is that Sidhe have said that Rugby Challenge will have more licensed NH teams than SH teams. Something for people to think about when saying that the game will only appeal to Kiwis... Anyway this forum is for RWC 2011, and I'm sure that HB will deliver a great game and i can't wait to make that purchase! I don't think i've ever anticipated the release of a game like this before!!!

Bring on RWC 2011!!! and bring on me smashing you all on Xbox Live! LOL :D

Haha, ok. Point taken... I understand that TRF has to support HB's effort as they are the official forum for the game but it just annoys me when people say stuff that is not true (or at least not that we know of).

An interesting point i'd like to make is that Sidhe have said that Rugby Challenge will have more licensed NH teams than SH teams. Something for people to think about when saying that the game will only appeal to Kiwis... Anyway this forum is for RWC 2011, and I'm sure that HB will deliver a great game and i can't wait to make that purchase! I don't think i've ever anticipated the release of a game like this before!!!

Bring on RWC 2011!!! and bring on me smashing you all on Xbox Live! LOL :D

Oh?

Yes, what Dan said "An interesting point i'd like to make is that Sidhe have said that Rugby Challenge will have more licensed NH teams than SH teams" appears to be true at this point.

Still, as said earlier the inarguable thing right now is that Sidhe have the most to prove in relation to gameplay. HB know how to make rugby games and have already hit most of the bumps in the road in previous versions. I'd love to be astounded by enjoying the gameplay in both games, but lets just wait and see how it unfolds.

I'd still really like to see what others want to hear as announced soon. Assuming HB are reading this they may just be able to say "oh well, that's harmless enough info" and let us know about it. :)

And Dan, shame that your on Xbox Live, if PSN is up and running by release :lol: I would've loved to play you at either game on that.

Yeah, I totally agree with Iversen there... I have no real concerns about RWC 2011. HB have proven that they can make really great rugby games, sure RWC 2011 may not be stacked with game modes/features but i'm 99.99% confident that the gameplay will be top notch! And although Sidhe have announced plenty of licenses/content my main concern is gameplay...

And Dan, shame that your on Xbox Live, if PSN is up and running by release :lol: I would've loved to play you at either game on that.

Haha, well this could very well change... My 360 got RROD the other day, so i'm contemplating a switch ;)

haha just read the last two pages , soon as mario said there are more licences up north then south that bullit guy gapped it!

haha just read the last two pages , soon as mario said there are more licences up north then south that bullit guy gapped it!

To be fair mate, he quite rightly realised that our debate had turned into an argument and did the right thing from that point by taking it to PM.

Either way, it's still great news that there are quite a significant number of NH licenses too isn't it? :) I hope our buddies from up north realise that we kiwis have a growing appreciation of the rugby up there. Whilst like any parochial nation, we'll always prefer our own brand of rugby, the game up there isn't as two dimensional as it could've been described a decade or two back and there's some very dynamic competitions with some star talent starting to come through.

It's going to be great to have two rugby games to choose from and every day that goes by, we're all one day closer to playing them.

[/QUOTE]Haha, well this could very well change... My 360 got RROD the other day, so i'm contemplating a switch ;)[/QUOTE]

How bout everyone with XBL put in there gamertag :p pointless i know but should be fun. my biggest concern for Rug Chug is also the gameplay as Mario has stated they're using a similar passing system to RL games

I believe a thread has been started for this or something similar already by Best Fullback. :)

I Really enjoy reading all these threads. It really makes me laugh!! We all blabbing about and arguing over ****!! We will be getting two brand new RUGBY games!!!! after 3 long years of waiting and finally we can all get a chance to play online. Now we can finally see who's the best.

Cant wait to play all you oke's online!!! Im gonna kick your asses so badly!! Remember my girl name.......Vans1980

Cant wait to play all you oke's online!!! Im gonna kick your asses so badly!! Remember my girl name.......Vans1980

I'll try, but I'll be schooling so many people it'll be hard to keep track :lol: