• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Roster File Updates!

I like the work going on here... would it be any use to have a screen capture of the team added up here for appearance & likenesses?

I could throw a quick match together, 1 with the first XV against the second XV, go to a replay and then pause to see if I could grab all appearances from 1 match?

Let me know if it would be any use, cheers.

I like the work going on here... would it be any use to have a screen capture of the team added up here for appearance & likenesses?

I could throw a quick match together, 1 with the first XV against the second XV, go to a replay and then pause to see if I could grab all appearances from 1 match?

that would be great, so instead of saying "one of the reserve wingers looks like nonu" we can look at the pictures and compare to real life examples
great thinking

nice work EVOL, i dont have a copy yet (damn UK shipping) so cant test

anyone testing this to see if it works?

Yes, it does work! I just had to go to load rosters for it to work. Now hopefully the autosave will keep it there by default. I'll check on that and whether it hinders trophies now.

5 mins later... Yes it still works with trophies as long as it's just the roster file and the auto save meant that once loaded and played with once it saved it in place as the main roster on my profile.

Yes, it does work! I just had to go to load rosters for it to work. Now hopefully the autosave will keep it there by default. I'll check on that and whether it hinders trophies now.

5 mins later... Yes it still works with trophies as long as it's just the roster file and the auto save meant that once loaded and played with once it saved it in place as the main roster on my profile.
fantastic news, i guess this means we arent wasting our time with this thread

Definitely would be of huge use. Please do so if you can. Most of the views appear to be of the back of the players though due to poor likenesses in places. :(

let's do this - shall we start by just changing the existing players to the right names?

let's do this - shall we start by just changing the existing players to the right names?

It's not that easy. Because you change the name of number 10 to Dan Carter for example, you might just be changing one of the guys who looks the least like Carter to that name. For example the guy who looks nearest to Carter is number 12, Larry Hunt.

Guys, gonna be a bit delayed with the screen capture from the game, but leave it with me and I'll have at least the New Zealand pics online at some stage tonight (UK time).

If it goes well, I'll capture as many as I can.

Anyone know if they could make a xbox gamesave for RWC 11 squad update

?????????

I just changed the names for now - does me fine in the meantime (though looking forward to that screen capture!). It is pretty funny though, seeing Guildford as some old bald guy sprinting down the line, or Woodcock as the darkest maori/islander guy on the team, hahaha. I changed their height and weight too, accordingly. Just use the official All Blacks site for the team stats. Wish you could edit appearance of the team players..

Having some real trouble with who to change the hooker Luke Smith too. He's a whitish looking guy with dark brown hair the length (almost) of Nonu. I'm thinking of making him Israel Dagg through sheer lack of choice.

Even if there was a fringe player who never quite made the squad I wouldn't mind using that if someone can think of someone. They would end up in numbers 23-30, but at least they'd look a bit more authentic. I've done this with some of the white baldies in the NZ side. One's Ben Franks (did make the side), the other is Jason Rutledge, (didn't make it, but better that than someone who matches in no way whatsoever).

For E.Harper, how about using him as Colin Slade? Not sure what stats to use for him, the back up fly-halfs ones (who you said would be a good Sivivatu) I'm guessing would be the easiest.
All I've done so far is change Larry Hunt to Dan Carter, the no.3 to John Afoa (is he actually in the ABs squad?), the no.2 to Kevin Mealamu, A.Morgan to Richie McCaw and the back up 9 to Piri Weepu.

When you're done dyou mind typing them up for us Xbox users :p no worries if it's too much of a pain

For E.Harper, how about using him as Colin Slade? Not sure what stats to use for him, the back up fly-halfs ones (who you said would be a good Sivivatu) I'm guessing would be the easiest.
All I've done so far is change Larry Hunt to Dan Carter, the no.3 to John Afoa (is he actually in the ABs squad?), the no.2 to Kevin Mealamu, A.Morgan to Richie McCaw and the back up 9 to Piri Weepu.

When you're done dyou mind typing them up for us Xbox users :p no worries if it's too much of a pain

When mines done it might be a little controversial, as I've rated likeness accuracy higher than who's in the final cut of the RWC squad, because of this a few player miss out because theres no likeness! There's a huge number of white guys with brown hair and head gear (it's a bit what I'm like when I play for real :p ), and 3 bald white guys in the side. Two blonde fellas that I'm still struggling to stick names to! Aata Morgan and Morgan Steward. I already have a guy assigned for Jimmy Cowan (Colin Quigley), so I'm going to have to make them people who played Super 15 in NZ maybe and played well enough. It's holding me up to be honest. If skin colour wasn't changable, but even hair colour alone was changable it be great, dammit!

By the way Duncan Neale will be Colin Slade, Ethan Harper looks like only one guy (who's not blonde like Harper incidentally) - Luke MacAlister, even though he's not in the squad. Oh well if people use my roster, they don't have to put him in their 22. :)

When mines done it might be a little controversial, as I've rated likeness accuracy higher than who's in the final cut of the RWC squad, because of this a few player miss out because theres no likeness! There's a huge number of white guys with brown hair and head gear (it's a bit what I'm like when I play for real :p ), and 3 bald white guys in the side. Two blonde fellas that I'm still struggling to stick names to! Aata Morgan and Morgan Steward. I already have a guy assigned for Jimmy Cowan (Colin Quigley), so I'm going to have to make them people who played Super 15 in NZ maybe and played well enough. It's holding me up to be honest. If skin colour wasn't changable, but even hair colour alone was changable it be great, dammit!

By the way Duncan Neale will be Colin Slade, Ethan Harper looks like only one guy (who's not blonde like Harper incidentally) - Luke MacAlister, even though he's not in the squad. Oh well if people use my roster, they don't have to put him in their 22. :)

Cant say I'm the most clued up about the NZ squad past most of the 1st XV and most subs :p so I'll very likely to be using your roster, you planning on changing many ratings too?

Cant say I'm the most clued up about the NZ squad past most of the 1st XV and most subs :p so I'll very likely to be using your roster, you planning on changing many ratings too?

Well yeah seeing as I've had to change players into different positions from what they were I've had to alter stats. It's been pretty good so far.

My starting team (from 6 up) is: (bear with me there'll be a proper fullback at some point soon and other things will change - probably Sivi on the left wing as part of it).

6. Thomson 86
7. McCaw 95
8. Read 90
9. Cowan 87
10. Carter 96
11. Guildford 84
12. Williams 88
13. Smith 85
14. Jane 86
15. Slade (playing in his secondary position - rates about same in first) 86

I just changed the names for now - does me fine in the meantime (though looking forward to that screen capture!). It is pretty funny though, seeing Guildford as some old bald guy sprinting down the line, or Woodcock as the darkest maori/islander guy on the team, hahaha. I changed their height and weight too, accordingly. Just use the official All Blacks site for the team stats. Wish you could edit appearance of the team players..
Any chance of you uploading your save file please?

Chaps,

Screen capture not going great... replays are very limited and do not get close enough to the players to really identify them - there is one camera angle (side cam, close to the near touch) that gets the closest that I can see but it is still some distance out and generally only the side profile.

On top of that, I'm still tweaking the best settings on the Roxio Game Capture unit and so far the detail I am getting off the game is not great when it is a side cam angle. Alot of detail is lost and any images I have got pretty much amount to as vague a picture as if I just described them to you in writing... not impressed!

I did try something late last night and although its going to cause a lot more time to do, will probably get the best reward - full head shots are always displayed when playing a goalkick shootout, so I might play 3 of those NZ v NZ (5 kickers x 3 will get me all the players having a go) and capture it. It means then screen grabbing every face and building a composite image in Paintshop Pro to then post up here.

Leave it with me, its still a work in progress...

Latest posts