• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Roster File Updates!

Hope this link works. http://www.mediafire.com/?9gxpbeekdyv776i

The folder and it's contents will need to be put into another folder called: PS3 . Once that is done add it to your flash drive and put it into your PS3. Then copy the savedata into the PS3 save data area.

Once done, you'll have to load the roster in the game.

Remember, this is a incomplete New Zealand roster. It has about 25 proper players in it. It does have one non-test S15 player in it (Jason Rutledge), mostly because I started to run out of options for bald white guys in the real New Zealand side. I'll sort out the rest of the squad in the next day or so, then move onto Australia.

You'll note some of the player ratings are a bit high, but that was mostly to keep New Zealand at the 91 overall ranking they already had when I changed all the stats as part of moving players around.

The New Zealand side should be pretty challenging to play against.

Also, some of you may note that Wales are up 1 point overall, I think this is right. I am no Wales fan, but this came about through me noticing that their rucking stats were ridiculously low. So I made a subtle change and raised their rucking and consistency stats by 5 each across the starting line-up, I'm thinking about doing it for the other 15 too (which won't affect the rating or make it higher overall).

It hasn't made a huge change, but just means that they don't quite have the mistake rate they did (many of them were complete butterfingers) and can win a slightly better percentage of ruck ball against the likes of Ireland, England and France.

I tested it over 6 games with 3 different people (switching who had Wales) and I still found Wales weren't winning a whole heck of a lot of ball against those teams, but it was better. It is a subtle change.......and I'm not a Welsh fan, I like Ireland more meself, so it's not out of any biases.

Actually that explains a lot - me and my mate did notice that Wales do tend to get turned over a fair bit. Will have to edit that it seems!
Btw, any chance you made a note of who you changed to who? Would be useful for us Xbox users :D

hi, any chance of you naming the samoan players because ive tried to look aT the players but i dont know which 1s looklike who :(

Actually that explains a lot - me and my mate did notice that Wales do tend to get turned over a fair bit. Will have to edit that it seems!
Btw, any chance you made a note of who you changed to who? Would be useful for us Xbox users :D

Got that in mind for sure. The change-list is part of what I've been noting as I go. It's taking a while, but it's not been even a week yet and I have plans to do Australia then Samoa after that.

hey, can you save the file on a 360? and great work bro :)

Unfortunately I don't think the PS3 file will work on Xbox in any way. I'm hoping an Xbox user will be able to either do their own version on will be keen to follow the change-log that'll be coming. :)

Got that in mind for sure. The change-list is part of what I've been noting as I go. It's taking a while, but it's not been even a week yet and I have plans to do Australia then Samoa after that.

Unfortunately I don't think the PS3 file will work on Xbox in any way. I'm hoping an Xbox user will be able to either do their own version on will be keen to follow the change-log that'll be coming. :)

could you tell me what players you picked for ali williams,sonny-bill,zac guilfod etc

could you tell me what players you picked for ali williams,sonny-bill,zac guilfod etc

Ali Williams - There's no-one who really looks like him, so basically got a white player with head gear, I'm looking at my notes here and I believe it was Winston Jones. Used Ali's height/weight stats, changed position and then stats to that of the starting lock with a few minor alterations.

Sonny Bill Williams was a bit easier, there's a lock called Haki Rata and used the stats of the existing centres (plus Sonny Bills height/weight), but bolstered the strength and passing (for offloads) a bit whilst giving him the tackle breaker ability.

Zac Guildford was a harder one, there's no-one really like him, used Tau Ma'afu (but he looks much more suitable for Richard Kahui if anyone prefers to make a few subtle changes - easy to change a wing to a Centre/Wing). It's often a trade-off of having enough players in the right categories - there are a lot of suitable guys for Centre players, but not so many for Wings.

Ah legend :D much appreciated!

Wallabies Likeness Stats

1. Benn Robinson 183cm 113kg S.Franks A.Leah
2. Stephen Moore 186cm 112kg J Trask A.Gray
3. Ben Alexander 189cm 117kg S.Dyson B.Banker
4. James Horwill 200cm 115kg L.O'Donnel A.Quaker
5. Rob Simmons 200cm 115kg B.Banker C.Michaels
6. Rocky Elsom 197cm 106kg L.Kane J.Marcum
7. David Pocock 181cm 101kg G.Crowley P.Black
8. Radike Samo 197cm 117kg A.Leah B.Banker (white but has rad hair)
9. Will Genia 174cm 84kg R.Jakobs S.Dyson
10. Quade Cooper 186cm 92kg H.Sinoseck J.Quinton
11. Digby Ioane 179cm 93kg C.Michaels D.Lifeson (with new bleached hair)
12. Pat McCabe 186cm 92kg G.Birch J.Trask
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper 182cm 98kg J.Burton G.Crowley
14. James O'Connor 180cm 88kg A.Anesi B.Hatts
15. Kurtley Beale 184cm 94kg L.Taylor G.Birch
16. Saia Faingaa 187cm 100kg J.Fallows R.Jakobs
17. Sekope Kepu 188cm 125kg L.Beckers J.Burton
18. Dan Vickerman 203cm 120kg J.Green N.Johnson
19. Scott Higginbotham 195cm 110kg P.Atkins L.Beckers
20. Luke Burgess 179cm 89kg C.Lincoln L.O'Donnel
21. Berrick Barnes 183cm 87kg J.Quinton C.Lincoln (no headgear but looks like him)
22. Rob Horne 186cm 90kg D.Lifeson L.Kane

First write down all the stats and then edit the corresponding players.

so is the first name the guy with the similar stats and 2nd guy appearance, or vice versa?

First name is likeness the second is for stats e.g. Pocock has Crowley's looks and Blacks's stats.

Great work Jimi! Will look into this right away for the likeness comparisons , sounds like you've done a bang up job mate!

Great work Jimi! Will look into this right away for the likeness comparisons , sounds like you've done a bang up job mate!

are you gonna be adding this to your all black roster for ps3 when youve finalised the kiwi team?

Wallabies Likeness Stats

1. Benn Robinson 183cm 113kg S.Franks A.Leah
2. Stephen Moore 186cm 112kg J Trask A.Gray
3. Ben Alexander 189cm 117kg S.Dyson B.Banker
4. James Horwill 200cm 115kg L.O'Donnel A.Quaker
5. Rob Simmons 200cm 115kg B.Banker C.Michaels
6. Rocky Elsom 197cm 106kg L.Kane J.Marcum
7. David Pocock 181cm 101kg G.Crowley P.Black
8. Radike Samo 197cm 117kg A.Leah B.Banker (white but has rad hair)
9. Will Genia 174cm 84kg R.Jakobs S.Dyson
10. Quade Cooper 186cm 92kg H.Sinoseck J.Quinton
11. Digby Ioane 179cm 93kg C.Michaels D.Lifeson (with new bleached hair)
12. Pat McCabe 186cm 92kg G.Birch J.Trask
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper 182cm 98kg J.Burton G.Crowley
14. James O'Connor 180cm 88kg A.Anesi B.Hatts
15. Kurtley Beale 184cm 94kg L.Taylor G.Birch
16. Saia Faingaa 187cm 100kg J.Fallows R.Jakobs
17. Sekope Kepu 188cm 125kg L.Beckers J.Burton
18. Dan Vickerman 203cm 120kg J.Green N.Johnson
19. Scott Higginbotham 195cm 110kg P.Atkins L.Beckers
20. Luke Burgess 179cm 89kg C.Lincoln L.O'Donnel
21. Berrick Barnes 183cm 87kg J.Quinton C.Lincoln (no headgear but looks like him)
22. Rob Horne 186cm 90kg D.Lifeson L.Kane

First write down all the stats and then edit the corresponding players.

cheers mate..nice work

are you gonna be adding this to your all black roster for ps3 when youve finalised the kiwi team?

Yep, already done a couple of them. After that it'll be Samoa, but I'll obviously want to take some time out to play this and Rugby Challenge some more at various times so won't race through it. By the next couple of days there'll be the NZ and Australia teams in my downloadable roster thanks to Jimi's good work!

I think artistic license can be used here. It's a video game. Also, the images aren't up yet, but here's the whole official RWC squad lists via irb.com. The images would be up at some point i'm sure, and you can yet a good look at all the real players and match them on one place. I may open up an editing thread at some point, for other teams.

This is why i love this community so much. It is a place where the majority approve of the game and are looking to improve it for themselves and others by putting effort into updating the game. I've downloaded the roster and love it, finally allows me the chance to play with new zealand and i eagerly await future versions. I am also intrigued by the possibility of a roster made up of the real players from HB courtesy of Frans.Hendrik's research. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts