• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Roster File Updates!

Chaps,

Screen capture not going great... replays are very limited and do not get close enough to the players to really identify them - there is one camera angle (side cam, close to the near touch) that gets the closest that I can see but it is still some distance out and generally only the side profile.

On top of that, I'm still tweaking the best settings on the Roxio Game Capture unit and so far the detail I am getting off the game is not great when it is a side cam angle. Alot of detail is lost and any images I have got pretty much amount to as vague a picture as if I just described them to you in writing... not impressed!

I did try something late last night and although its going to cause a lot more time to do, will probably get the best reward - full head shots are always displayed when playing a goalkick shootout, so I might play 3 of those NZ v NZ (5 kickers x 3 will get me all the players having a go) and capture it. It means then screen grabbing every face and building a composite image in Paintshop Pro to then post up here.

Leave it with me, its still a work in progress...

I appreciate what your saying, it's not easy at all!

I'm not far from releasing a preliminary New Zealand squad which is as close to realistic as you'll get with the complete mismatched faces available!

What I did was pretty tedious but you get a better view of player faces on the place kick off mode. I've done an Aus squad ... took me ages but I'm on XBOX.

What I did was pretty tedious but you get a better view of player faces on the place kick off mode. I've done an Aus squad ... took me ages but I'm on XBOX.

My New Zealand squad took me a similarly long time. I'm within 4 players of the whole 30 done. Will upload it later tomorrow. Most of my mates who've played it reckon I've made the best of a bad situation.

Aussie squad is pretty bang on ... only major player that was difficult to find a skin for was Will Genia.

Aussie squad is pretty bang on ... only major player that was difficult to find a skin for was Will Genia.

any chance you could give us info one who you used for each player to make it easier for the guys on ps3 to fix australia too?

Didnt keep a record unfortunately ... What I did was take photos of players faces in the place kick mode then matched them off against the wallaby profiles on the ARU site. I've adjusted all height and weight .. so I can't trace back who's who now.

Edit: Just remebered a few ... There's only one dark skinned back .. can't remember default name .. but he's supposed to be Kurtly Beale.

Default 10 is James O'Connor and I think Default 15 is actually Quade Cooper.

Last edited:
Didnt keep a record unfortunately ... What I did was take photos of players faces in the place kick mode then matched them off against the wallaby profiles on the ARU site. I've adjusted all height and weight .. so I can't trace back who's who now.

Edit: Just remebered a few ... There's only one dark skinned back .. can't remember default name .. but he's supposed to be Kurtly Beale.

Default 10 is James O'Connor and I think Default 15 is actually Quade Cooper.

Yeah it's just like that when your piecing together your side. I'm pretty sure I'm pretty close to as goo as you'll get for an NZ team. There's 2-3 players that are just not applicable to anyone in the RWC squad really, but I'll find the nearest looking NZ players people can use. I'm sure people can slam them back into their 23-30 part of the squad if they don't like it/

Looks like HB made the roster before getting the licenses. I have found in the save game file, the player details of Quade Cooper, Sonny Bill etc. By using HEX editor I am replacing the current squade players with the one's already made.
If it is a success I will look into maybe designing a editor.

Looks like HB made the roster before getting the licenses. I have found in the save game file, the player details of Quade Cooper, Sonny Bill etc. By using HEX editor I am replacing the current squade players with the one's already made.

PS3 or 360 ?

For the games working hard on this; are you also going to upload the appropriate stats for each player as well as special abilities? Because obviously if a prop for example looks like Dan Carter, then we have a first five that plays like a prop, haha. Or do you just take note of the stats before switching the players around and then adjust them later,...and I thought just going through and changing the names and physical stats was tedious, hahaha.

Also; I can reset my changes back to the games defaults right? Will just make it easy when you guys put the info up!

I've got a mostly complete squad read to upload. Will link it soon. Will complete it properly at some stage in the next day or so.

Hope this link works. http://www.mediafire.com/?9gxpbeekdyv776i

The folder and it's contents will need to be put into another folder called: PS3 . Once that is done add it to your flash drive and put it into your PS3. Then copy the savedata into the PS3 save data area.

Once done, you'll have to load the roster in the game.

Remember, this is a incomplete New Zealand roster. It has about 25 proper players in it. It does have one non-test S15 player in it (Jason Rutledge), mostly because I started to run out of options for bald white guys in the real New Zealand side. I'll sort out the rest of the squad in the next day or so, then move onto Australia.

You'll note some of the player ratings are a bit high, but that was mostly to keep New Zealand at the 91 overall ranking they already had when I changed all the stats as part of moving players around.

The New Zealand side should be pretty challenging to play against.

Also, some of you may note that Wales are up 1 point overall, I think this is right. I am no Wales fan, but this came about through me noticing that their rucking stats were ridiculously low. So I made a subtle change and raised their rucking and consistency stats by 5 each across the starting line-up, I'm thinking about doing it for the other 15 too (which won't affect the rating or make it higher overall).

It hasn't made a huge change, but just means that they don't quite have the mistake rate they did (many of them were complete butterfingers) and can win a slightly better percentage of ruck ball against the likes of Ireland, England and France.

I tested it over 6 games with 3 different people (switching who had Wales) and I still found Wales weren't winning a whole heck of a lot of ball against those teams, but it was better. It is a subtle change.......and I'm not a Welsh fan, I like Ireland more meself, so it's not out of any biases.

your a legend

by the time the bloody slow uk post ships my game to oz, i will have full all blacks and then the wallabies in a few day

i want to express gratitude for your hard work, and once again, you are a legend

This would be an interesting development. Would love to see a RWC player editor program similar to the one woosah made for Rugby08

This would be an interesting development. Would love to see a RWC player editor program similar to the one woosah made for Rugby08

Sure would be. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it works I wonder if it'll be names or accessible likenesses also. Looking at the way the licensed teams are made, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't included though.

Just want to say thanks so much for this. About to test it out now. Good luck with the rest of the teams also.

EDIT: Works perfectly in the UK. Thanks a lot this is quality. If you do this for every team I might actually have to buy this!

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks so much for this. About to test it out now. Good luck with the rest of the teams also.

EDIT: Works perfectly in the UK. Thanks a lot this is quality. If you do this for every team I might actually have to buy this!

how can you test it if you havent bought it?

im confused...

how can you test it if you havent bought it?

im confused...

May have hired it? Thanks aled, still have to sort out a few remaining names, but by and large they are as near as I could get the likenesses from the faces available. It was really a jumble of faces and playing positions, but hope this is at least a lot better.

I honestly think with so few teams in the game, the balancing of their abilities is important and I think I've done almost as well as could be with the AB's so far. I wanted a few more players in the 85-88 range, but that lowered the overall team to below 91, which is where the NZ side is supposed to be rated. I think they'll provide a good challenge.

Latest posts