• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Roster File Updates!

I'd replace Hape with Tuilagi. They both play centre, so it's a straight swap. Anyway, Hape could break something minor before the tournament like all of his limbs, forcing me to edit in Tuilagi as a replacement. See what i did there..

so tuilagi will be in the next update, however, what other teams do in the next update, in addition to completing the Australia ?

Dont forget about the new Irish Players.

Conor Murrey for Peter Stringer
Jerry Flannery for Sean Cronin

theres one or two more i think

Awesome work done on the teams thus far. Any idea as to when we will see another update?

Awesome work done on the teams thus far. Any idea as to when we will see another update?

To be honest, hadn't had much feedback making me feel like it was worthwhile. Was kinda like people were 'meh' about this. Now that Raziel and I are hearing some good things about it, it makes me feel good and I'm going to go to work on some new additions.

I tell you what a side that only loses to the AB's by 31 points that has had 90 odd put on them has had a bit of an increase in my latest build. 10pts on their rucking stats and 2pt each on speed and accel. Makes Tonga only 66 overall against the 65 they were, but Maaaaan do they play better and not unrealistically!

We tested it and the scores were so close to the real game that I'm way happier with things. :)

Still very interested in your hard work, just letting you get some time out. It would be good to get all unlicensed teams faces and stats to crack on again.

Keep up the good work. :D

Still very interested in your hard work, just letting you get some time out. It would be good to get all unlicensed teams faces and stats to crack on again.

Keep up the good work. :D

Am looking at getting onto some of the sides again this afternoon. I am finishing Australia, which has a decent (I reckon) Giteau in the wider squad. I just need to fill about 2-3 more places to have a good modern squad. I'm thinking that if I end up with one player I can't name, it'll end up being a classic player. I don't think that'll happen though as the Australian squad is generic enough that it mostly fits a cross-section of candidates.

Even so, a commanding lock who can kick goals such as John Eales would be pretty well received if that's the kind of brown haired player I end up with. I'm starting to think that if I can use the available likenesses to make a good squad of any available nation and with 29 of the players and I can't quite finish it, why not have a classic player to be able to call on for emergency games? Not like I'm flooding squads with bullsh*t players, just one of them. :)

Your views appreciated.

Am looking at getting onto some of the sides again this afternoon. I am finishing Australia, which has a decent (I reckon) Giteau in the wider squad. I just need to fill about 2-3 more places to have a good modern squad. I'm thinking that if I end up with one player I can't name, it'll end up being a classic player. I don't think that'll happen though as the Australian squad is generic enough that it mostly fits a cross-section of candidates.

Even so, a commanding lock who can kick goals such as John Eales would be pretty well received if that's the kind of brown haired player I end up with. I'm starting to think that if I can use the available likenesses to make a good squad of any available nation and with 29 of the players and I can't quite finish it, why not have a classic player to be able to call on for emergency games? Not like I'm flooding squads with bullsh*t players, just one of them. :)

Your views appreciated.

Sounds good.

How do you decide which real players goes with which default players stats? I am currently doing Samoa, I have the faces from first page of this thread but not sure who goes where.

Sounds good.

How do you decide which real players goes with which default players stats? I am currently doing Samoa, I have the faces from first page of this thread but not sure who goes where.

The default stats is a hard thing sometimes. For the first fifteen it's a little easier. You look for the guys with the best stats in the 30 in various positions and these must be the starting guys. After that it gets harder, but then you realise that the HB guys didn't get everything right to start with.

For example O'Gara has a super boot that's just amazing. In South Africa with a strong wind behind him he can plant a 65m kick, maybe more (think I had 3-4m left when it cleared)! I think some of the lesser team have ridiculous rucking stats (ranging from 35-55, when they need to range at least 45-65). This makes sides that are decent in real life a little more competitive without over-doing it. We still want a challenge when playing tough teams, but we've found in single and multi-player it helps if you can get the ball 3-4 times in a half. :)

The default stats is a hard thing sometimes. For the first fifteen it's a little easier. You look for the guys with the best stats in the 30 in various positions and these must be the starting guys. After that it gets harder, but then you realise that the HB guys didn't get everything right to start with.

For example O'Gara has a super boot that's just amazing. In South Africa with a strong wind behind him he can plant a 65m kick, maybe more (think I had 3-4m left when it cleared)! I think some of the lesser team have ridiculous rucking stats (ranging from 35-55, when they need to range at least 45-65). This makes sides that are decent in real life a little more competitive without over-doing it. We still want a challenge when playing tough teams, but we've found in single and multi-player it helps if you can get the ball 3-4 times in a half. :)

I totally agree, I have already removed O'Garas super boot and other well known kickers in the game. The default teams stats in general are way off, they need some major changes to try and balance the weak and strong teams.

I wonder how Frans is getting on with the editor, not heard anything for a while. :)

I totally agree, I have already removed O'Garas super boot and other well known kickers in the game. The default teams stats in general are way off, they need some major changes to try and balance the weak and strong teams.

I wonder how Frans is getting on with the editor, not heard anything for a while. :)

Hopefully he is doing well, it'll take much longer than what I've been upto with Raziel Eire's assistance. It's the kind of thing that might take a few months to get a solid build on if it works properly. :)

Meanwhile I want to hear from Fijian, Samoan and Tongan posters. You guys want a say in who really looks like who in your nations default squads? Let us know guys. Meanwhile, I have 5-6 Samoans sorted, out and need a little bit of help to be more specific. :)

Craig, i have some suggestions for Samoa on my thread, might be worth taking a look.

hay ca iversen can u just type out who u put with which face so i can do it manully just names il do the stats i dont have any of these fancey editers and save files.
that would be awsome 4 me

I cant't seem to get the roster on to RWC , i have got to the stage where you're supposed to find the file in the saved game utility. pls help

please tel me were im sick of scoring tries with delemere and not guildford

You'll find the roster in post 1 of this thread. :)

I cant't seem to get the roster on to RWC , i have got to the stage where you're supposed to find the file in the saved game utility. pls help

To both doyler and nicospum:

If you have extracted the SAVEDATA folder from the .rar file that you downloaded, then I believe what you might not have done is put the 'SAVEDATA' folder that you've extracted into a 'PS3' folder.

That is the outer container folder that the PS3 recognises when it looks at your flash drive.

Remember when you do find it in your PS3 Saved Game Data on your PS3 that you still have to load the roster when you boot up the game.

Finally, all the steps are outlined in post one, page one of this thread. :)

Hope I've helped guys.

Latest posts