• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan will be the Worst Wcup ever in history.

The OP claims to be Japanese, correct? Has anyone spoken Japanese to him? I'm a linguist and his 'broken English' patterns are very peculiar for an east Asian.

Hahahahaha I suppose I could, but then why would you want them?

Because I like wearing Rugby jerseys, and collection of Rugby jerseys is one of my hobbies!
ラグビージャージを着るのと集めるのが好きなんだよ!
私は今日はサントリーのジャージを着ているよ!

The OP claims to be Japanese, correct? Has anyone spoken Japanese to him? I'm a linguist and his 'broken English' patterns are very peculiar for an east Asian.

Could you tell me what "OP" means? And could you distinguish Japanese, Korean and Chinese from their "broken English"?
If you speak to East Asians, you can easily find Koreans by their pronunciation of "exactly".

Could you tell me what "OP" means? And could you distinguish Japanese, Korean and Chinese from their "broken English"?
If you speak to East Asians, you can easily find Koreans by their pronunciation of "exactly".

the OP is the Opening Post (first post of the topic) made by the TS (Topic Starter).

I always took OP to mean original poster, referencing any of their posts.

I would hope that the IRB has guidelines to help host nations make the WC a success. I think everyone will come together and make it a great WC.

How so? As a first-gen Japanese emigrant, I think he has a similar writing style to my parents.

The 2019 World Cup in Japan must be cancelled, not only for safety of players and supporters, but also for moral reasons.
The sport mafia chose Tokyo as the host of the 2020 Summer Olympics.
Having 2 big sport events in Japan is really crazy, because Japan's most immediate and serious problem is the Hukusima (Fukushima) countermeasure.
The Japanese government has been telling lies since the accident, but the reality has becoming clearer and clearer. Leukemia and other diseases, clearly coming from the radioactivity of the damaged nuclear power plant, is mushrooming.
The extremely corrupt Japanese government is abandoning the victims and using enormous amount of money for big sport events. This must be stopped. The Rugby community must not be accomplices of the Japanese government.

Hello.Everyone. :)

I come this forum and post this message in first time.
I registered this forum because I did want to tell truth of Japan World Cup 2019.

I'm Japanese and living in there.I'm rugby fan.
Japan is elected the site of held the Rugby World Cup 2019.

However,Rugby Union isn't popular at all in my country Japan. Rugby is minor sports in here.Almost Rugby fan in here aren't approve held this Wcup. :(

In 2019.You'll see vacant seat's on stands on almost every matches.And attendances would be very few and very silent atmosphere game would be appear.
Japanese major sports is baseball and football.Rugby players population is getting less now.

Do you know how many atttendances come in Japanese Top League? Average is no more than 5000. Moreover,almost attendances of them are mobilized by team's company.
Our Top league aren't Professional league.It's just Semi-Professional.Team's name is contained Company's name and almost players from Japan is amateur player and worker in there.

On the other hands.University Rugby is popular as minor sports in here.10,000-30,000 attendances come to important game of University Rugby Championship.
Our Rugby Union is a "Students Sports" actually. Foreign people are sometime misunderstand our Rugby's popularity cause specific situation.

University Rugby Fan don't have an interest at National teams game at all. They don't have an interest about Japanese game.
Of course,Foreign national teams games aren't popular at all.Sorry,You shouldn't expectation of the reception from us.If you come to World cup's games match.You'll see very few attendances game. Perhaps,Top League company's try mobilize workers.However,They aren't interest about Rugby at all.They aren't knowing Rugby's rules.

Almost young Japanese people aren't knowing the rules at all even the Knock On.

Rugby popularity is getting less in Japan.There is some reason for it. If you have a question about our rugby popularity.I'll answer to you.

*About Japan National teams. Many Japanese people aren't approve and support about foreign players are playing in Japanese National team.
We have a strong nationalism than European countries who accepted immigrants.

I think you know Japan is almost single-ethnic country and didn't accept foreign immigrant almostly as developed countries in G8.
Rugby union's Associationism rule become obstacle of spread popularity to Japan and Asian countries.
I don't think the idea that Foreign players plays in other countries national teams aren't acceptable except Europe and America.

This was my belief also when I heard Japan was selected. I can understand why the IRB did it (hope of expanding the game) but actually, a poorly attended Rugby world cup would send the game backwards. Its not just the locals who wont show up, the location of Japan and thus greater travelling expense means less international supporters will attend. The time differential also means the viewing figures here (UK) will be a lot smaller. It also won't be like the 2002 FIFA World Cup which was in the summer and therefore was easy for people to watch it in the morning.

Logistically it doesn't make sense, commercially it doesn't make sense; personally I think the IRB have made a blunder.

Last edited:

Latest posts