• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2023 Predictions

All this Irish arrogance and hubris is going to blow up in their face when they lose to the ABs. That QF has got NZ settling a score written all over it. Honestly think the ABs will be licking their lips at the match-up, they'll get up for this. There's nothing like a NZ team when they've got a chip on the shoulder.
I think this is a good shout actually. NZ to put all their emotional energy in that game only to get pumped by Wales in the semi al la England in the semi final/final in 2019.

I think this is a good shout actually. NZ to put all their emotional energy in that game only to get pumped by Wales in the semi al la England in the semi final/final in 2019.
Or just the panic of Ireland being down to Scotland by 10 points with 20 minutes to go. Chances of it happening are slim but i think. Scotland always had this game down as the one they needed to win.

Or just the panic of Ireland being down to Scotland by 10 points with 20 minutes to go. Chances of it happening are slim but i think. Scotland always had this game down as the one they needed to win.
Can't tell if I'd prefer Scotland to win by 8 or 5 on the fate of a last second penalty.

For that to be a possibility SA would have to beat Tonga by 34 points or less (or without a BP) and Scotland would need to up to 108 pd on Romania.

South Africa are the best positioned team in the group to go through whilst Ireland in all likelihood only need 1 point v Scotland to top it. I reckon we'll go out in that game trying to score 4 tries and hit 60+% possession.

For that to be a possibility SA would have to beat Tonga by 34 points or less (or without a BP) and Scotland would need to up to 108 pd on Romania.

South Africa are the best positioned team in the group to go through whilst Ireland in all likelihood only need 1 point v Scotland to top it. I reckon we'll go out in that game trying to score 4 tries and hit 60+% possession.
I tipped Ireland to be under pressure in the final game, and for Scotland to shock them.

Currently I dont see how Scotland deal with Irelands intensity, but if Ireland were very confident maybe a few key players watch from the sideline?

Think your over thinking it bud, it was all tongue in cheek, why would Ireland want to ruin their winning streak and make anything controversial . Whilst I'd expect Ireland to still have a lot of respect for SA they won't fear them after the last few meetings.

Think your over thinking it bud, it was all tongue in cheek, why would Ireland want to ruin their winning streak and make anything controversial . Whilst I'd expect Ireland to still have a lot of respect for SA they won't fear them after the last few meetings.
We've just played South Africa and won and I've recovered from a three day hangover by consuming media. My ability to decipher jokes from conspiracies is at an all time low.

Well that's the groups done, now the worlds best 8bteams go head to head to make a final 4.

Interestingly we have 4 quarters that anyone can win, I dont remember that happening previously.

I say...

France, SA, Ireland, NZ, England, Argentina or Wales make the semis...

That's a self punishment prediction, you even put England into a semi...

You ok hun?
My tongue might be in my cheek a bit coz you're bang on, obviously, all these games could go either way, but the one I do have a sneaky feeling about is NZ beating Ireland. I actually hope Ireland get the job done and they should do really on form but there's something about a ****** off NZ with a chip on their shoulder that worries me but that's probably just standard NZ PTSD from a Welsh perspective.

My tongue might be in my cheek a bit coz you're bang on, obviously, all these games could go either way, but the one I do have a sneaky feeling about is NZ beating Ireland. I actually hope Ireland get the job done and they should do really on form but there's something about a ****** off NZ with a chip on their shoulder that worries me but that's probably just standard NZ PTSD from a Welsh perspective.
I actually agree...

I think when it's all on the line NZ will have the edge. Just as we are all talking about the decline of super rugby, NZ always seem to have that **** you game in them!

Weirdly I would prefer to play Ireland than NZ in a semi final, for no other reason than that exact PTSD

Well that's the groups done, now the worlds best 8bteams go head to head to make a final 4.

Interestingly we have 4 quarters that anyone can win, I dont remember that happening previously.

I say...

France, SA, Ireland, NZ, England, Argentina or Wales make the semis...

Really going out there predicting 7 out of 8 teams make the semis. lol.

Quarter final predictions:

New Zealand vs. Ireland. New Zealand win due to a dodgy decision. Forward pass etc. Sexton goes absolutely mental and attempts to attack the ref.

South Africa vs. France. Dupont plays but obviously not 100%. Libbok surprisingly has over a 90% success rate at kicking in the game!

Wales vs. Argentina. Wales win fairly comfortably.

England vs. Fiji. England win a lot more comfortably than most English fans believe they will. English fans continue to ***** and moan especially due to Farrell playing and because of the kicking tactics.

Latest posts