• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Discussion thread: Ireland are bulbous and ready to dominate

Given that bad tend to rumours turn out to be true this does not bode well. We've done well without Healy in the past but realistically he is one of the few players we have who is the best in their position in the world.

Seems it's more reality now. IRFU have declined to comment on it but said an up to date medical report of players will be released next Tuesday.

Doesn't mean much in relation to his problem though - Dan Cole was still training through most of his almost-a-year-layoff with his neck injury, it's just live scrummaging/contact he couldn't do.

Doesn't mean much in relation to his problem though - Dan Cole was still training through most of his almost-a-year-layoff with his neck injury, it's just live scrummaging/contact he couldn't do.

Oh obviously it doesn't guarantee he'll be fit for the world cup but it does show some of the rumours really went mad. There was one that said he couldn't close his fist! There's also another pick that looks like a contact drill.

Oh obviously it doesn't guarantee he'll be fit for the world cup but it does show some of the rumours really went mad. There was one that said he couldn't close his fist! There's also another pick that looks like a contact drill.

It was said by IRFU. He done some technique scrummaging but nothing physical. Between the lines I'd say it's still on hands of hoping

It was said by IRFU. He done some technique scrummaging but nothing physical. Between the lines I'd say it's still on hands of hoping

Do you have a link for that? As far as I know the IRFU are refusing to alk about injured players until a press conference on Tuesday.

Do you have a link for that? As far as I know the IRFU are refusing to alk about injured players until a press conference on Tuesday.

Heard it on radio as its possibly loose talk as today was open session with interaction with fans/media. But your right in that IRFU said yesterday they won't discuss any medical updates until Tuesday.
Just realised if you meant where I read too about Healy doing technique stuff etc it was said by Mike Ross in an interview there yesterday. Not sure where I saw it but Ross and someone else in coaching staff said it.

Last edited:
Healy is grand. It's a hamstring problem. Nothing to do with his neck.

Question for you guys - what, if anything, do you want to see given a trial run in the warm-ups? Or is it simply a matter of getting the 31 sharp?

Marmion and Tadhg Furlong. Other than that I want us to be getting our combinations up to speed.

Schmidt doesn't seem to like Marmion. I'm starting to get quite fond of the idea of naming Strings in the squad. Would be a nice change of pace scrum half who doesn't have the same rate of idiotic mistakes as Reddan. Would also be nice to get him that 100th cap.

Payne or Zebo at fullback. Kilcoyne at loose head. I would say Henderson too but I want him to start in the World Cup so maybe not. The Welsh lads are huge so we need to leave our key players out in case they get injured.

Payne or Zebo at fullback. Kilcoyne at loose head. I would say Henderson too but I want him to start in the World Cup so maybe not. The Welsh lads are huge so we need to leave our key players out in case they get injured.

This I hope we don't do. We undercooked guys in 2007. It didn't work. We've Wales twice England and Scotland. Wales away and Scottish games should be given all guys a good chance. Wales home and England game should be the combinations and gearing things up.

You need the practice as there is the ALL BLACKS in the quarter final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't realise the warm ups are just a week away. Very exciting, not to fussed about the results in these games, would be nice to get into winning form going into the RWC but I see these more for making sure everybody is back up to speed of international rugby. Hope to see a small bit of experimentation, give the guys who are really pushing for inclusion a shot but realistically I'd say 90% of the squad picks itself.

Rumours in the papers that Schmidt is so entranced by the prospect of Boss or Marmion he'd rather use Madigan as his third 9.

Rumours in the papers that Schmidt is so entranced by the prospect of Boss or Marmion he'd rather use Madigan as his third 9.
In fairness Madigan has some little experience there and it allows an extra body be bought out the line. Also have heard Dave Kearney is looking like he will go and has practised at 9 too as an emergency in a very worst case scenario. Like I won't be too worried about 3rd choice 9 spot

Frankly Ireland are looking pretty damn awesome, I really REALLY hope they top their group sop we don't get them in the quarter final. I'm going to the game with Irish mate Karl Higgins and i don't wanna get rolled at the millennium while I'm sitting next to the loudest man from Clairemorris.
I think I'd just give up and keel over.
Ireland are world no.2 and looking good for it. This should be a fantastic RWC for the Emerald Isle boys.

I wouldn't want to bring Boss either, haven't seen enough of Marmion to judge but Joe doesn't rate him and thats enough for me.

Dave Kearney has somewhat come back from the dead, seemed to be forgotten after Zebo/Bowe/Fitzgerald preformed in this years 6N and he was injured but given he seemed sharp on Saturday and reports that he's doing well in training it seem like he may be taken. I imagine he will get a start in the next game.

Latest posts