• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - Ireland vs. Russia (03/10/2019)

Reckon Aki kicked off cause the Russians said he wasn't good enough to make their 3rds?

Well if Schmidt does have some secret master gameplan up his sleeve, he's keeping his cards close to his chest. Ireland are certainly going to need something for the QF's because they don't look like a side that can win the WC at all.

Just saying, maybe Putin might be a fan of the Scots.. Scotland by 100 :)

Ireland should have put them away by a lot more.

Well, all things considered it's looking a little more respectable.

Well, all things considered it's looking a little more respectable.

Few scorelines though that don't reflect the game. Ireland are the better team, but it doesn't reflect how well Russia have done and the problems they've caused.

Few scorelines though that don't reflect the game. Ireland are the better team, but it doesn't reflect how well Russia have done and the problems they've caused.
Of I agree, I've been very impressed by Russia... not only today neither.

Well if Schmidt does have some secret master gameplan up his sleeve, he's keeping his cards close to his chest. Ireland are certainly going to need something for the QF's because they don't look like a side that can win the WC at all.

You're suggesting that he's trained them to play a certain way and now forcing them not to play that way for 4 games without any hint of the masterplan showing?

Seems a little unlikely.

It obvious to me that he's throwing just enough to finish second in the group which gives us the easier draw against the ABs. ;)

... Henderson should not be allowed to touch the ball; in last 10 minutes, 3 stuff-ups ...

Overall - poor performance. However, can be negated by the greasy ball, largely second string team and a Russia team who are not as poor as people think.

I do honestly think an underdog Ireland team is more dangerous than a favourite Ireland team. We have seem them spoil the party on a number of occasions. However, it is going to take a season-best performance against NZ/SA and them on an off day.

My concern is that the game plan doesn't work anymore and the players don't know what to do. The flat receivers are now beyond a joke.

Sexton has to play - Carty is devoid of confidence and I don't think backs his passing.

Joe trying REALLY hard not to acknowledge Johnny icing his groin... hmmm!

Ireland did what they needed to but have to do it again.
Getting to nitty gritty so knock out Rugby starts now.
Cannot afford a mare anymore.
Maybe bad games are out of system.
A nervous performance in last game could be costly.
Save the great game for 1/4 finals and see what then transpires.

Wasn't great.

Ruddock was good and should start the bigger games.

That's pretty much all I have to say about this game, not worth dwelling on, performance isn't relevant because there's always the 'It's only Russia' card but we could and should have played better.

Hope Jordi is okay, who's next in line if he goes down? Could be Toner really.

Wasn't great.

Ruddock was good and should start the bigger games.

That's pretty much all I have to say about this game, not worth dwelling on, performance isn't relevant because there's always the 'It's only Russia' card but we could and should have played better.

Hope Jordi is okay, who's next in line if he goes down? Could be Toner really.
Agree with pretty much all of this.

We're dung.

Severe problems with how the players have played for months in some cases and years in others. Its not a masterplan, its a pack in decline and a backline that never worked in open play.

Latest posts