• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - Ireland vs. Russia (03/10/2019)

Watching Sexton and Ruddock and they're both so animated when the ball isn't in play, there was none of that last time out.
Always rated him... seems to get the raw deal at Leinster and especially with Ireland a lot of the time.

Just a HIA?
Edit. Nah, Ugo said bang to the ribs.

Always rated him... seems to get the raw deal at Leinster and especially with Ireland a lot of the time.
He's always had stiff competition and his periods of form have usually coincided with the likes of SOB, Leavy, McLaughlin and other very capable internationals. Now is genuinely the first time I think he's one of the top three (or two) backrows in the country.

He's always had stiff competition and his periods of form have usually coincided with the likes of SOB, Leavy, McLaughlin and other very capable internationals. Now is genuinely the first time I think he's one of the top three (or two) backrows in the country.
Fair, certainly looking one of Ireland's best today.

Harsh yellow card, I thought some of the russian contests were looking good but told to release every time

Ireland taken their tries well, but still look scrappy and not securing the breakdown. Definitely think they would have targeted a better performance than this so far.

Given this is largely second string, with a slippery ball, I'm reasonably happy.

Trying too hard in 22, though.

I think there is a big performance but whether they can bring it out for 1/4, I'm not sure

Hope Larmour comes on for Ringrose now. Garry has played 200 mins of rugby in 12 days now, it's too much and if we're to have any chance going forward we need him and Sexton fresh and firing.

Sexton off. Precaution or something more? If more it will be a double blow with Carbery as well.

Latest posts