• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

I think all fit the likes of Jan Serfontein, Trevor Nyakane, Cheslin Kolbe, Aphiwe Dyantyi and Jesse Kriel would be considered starters but TBH I think the differences from 1st choice to 2nd for us isn't big and their stand-ins could have a better show on the day. Marcel Coetzee also out injured but he would've been on the bench I'd imagine.
Precisely this. Wales need their top players; Williams and faletau in particular are massive blows for wales.

it would be great if there were no injuries ever, it would bring the teams closer. As it is, with injuries simply an expected part of the game, New Zealand, South Africa, and England (France?) have a big advantage due to their depth. Adding insult to injury the all blacks have zero injuries at the moment. Actually the all blacks tend to have less injuries than most.

This springbok team to me is scary. They do well without their most dangerous players firing. At the start of the Rassie tenure their defence was weak but they made up for it with their attack, faf, Le roux and dyantyi being the key instigators. This year their attack hasn't got anywhere near top gear, but their defence is enough for them to look very strong. If faf and Le roux find some form they will be hard to stop, if they don't they will still be hard to stop but can be beaten with a few flashes of brilliance like the all blacks showed in game 1.

it will be interesting to see the Boks tactics here, I think they'll try to assert physical dominance at the start but won't be afraid to run the ball a bit.

I hope wales can make it interesting, but have my doubts.

I also think he boks will go at it in the first have to smash the welsh forwards and then change the gameplan for the second half when they feel the welsh forwards have been worn out, what is scary is the forward subs coming on the second half is even more robust than the starters I think they will have the ability to completely dominate Wales upfront and if we get frans on the field we can take penalties from about 60 - 65M out ..

I wonder if there is a stat for player and team interceptions. I think that would clear this up.
or any official times on sprints in rugby boots over 60m
Probably not as Schalk Brits would be among the fastest and it could be embarrassing

or any official times on sprints in rugby boots over 60m
Probably not as Schalk Brits would be among the fastest and it could be embarrassing
Hhaaha true I am pretty sure he would beat a few backline players with that sprinting of his XD

Liam is a massive blow, but Navidi is a bigger one for this game. Barring the miss tackle on Vakatawa, his defence has been huge and he's been instrumental at slowing ball down. People lauded the English back row against Oz (and rightly so) but Navidi was part of the back row that also did very well against an excellent oz back row. To beat the Boks, you really do have to match them in the power game and breakdown. I think missing Navidi is making this a tough one for Wales.

Its a semi final. They are traditionally quite tight; so here's to a good game.

Still worried about JD2. Just expecting to see an article about how he's out. Even if he does make the game I can't believe he's fully fit.

I think I would rather the full day's rest for the team.

Still worried about JD2. Just expecting to see an article about how he's out. Even if he does make the game I can't believe he's fully fit.

It's worrying that in the Gatland press conference this morning, Gatland said he expects JD to be fit, not that he is definitely fit for the game.

I think I would rather the full day's rest for the team.

It's worrying that in the Gatland press conference this morning, Gatland said he expects JD to be fit, not that he is definitely fit for the game.
Indeed.

I'm surprised that some SA fans are so confident to be honest. I've just seen Wales Online's head to head ratings and they have the teams equal............................................... :p

I'm surprised that some SA fans are so confident to be honest. I've just seen Wales Online's head to head ratings and they have the teams equal............................................... :p
We not confident we just know we will be in the final XD

If the most biased Welsh publisher only has them equal then you are in trouble.

How would you feel about taking on the Al Blacks tomorrow should it have been the case?
Will you feel confident:
Yes - you are the right space to take on the Boks
No - good luck to tomorrow, you'l need it

712.gif

Maybe Gena understood the WalesOnline joke and then instead decided to make a point that maybe Welsh fans ought to be confident too, if they plan on winning the cup. Regardless if a joke was made or not regarding confidence.

I hear you and I empathize

I think it's that from an England perspective the whole world cup has felt super abrupt.
With Argentina playing terribly and also having a red card, then france game not taking place, we've only had one proper game when it should have been 3. To most like be out by tomorrow morning feels... deeply unsatisfying

Latest posts