• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

I'm surprised that some SA fans are so confident to be honest. I've just seen Wales Online's head to head ratings and they have the teams equal............................................... :p
**** me you were once better than than AB's how the mighty have fallen.

Im also expecting to wake up Sunday morning and see news about JD2 (again) :(

As a former No.1 team is does hurt to be lumped in with the little guys now.

Well it seems Wales have now got the Boks exactly where we want them and another masterstroke by Gatland. Strip away all the hype of being no.1 and get them back to massive underdogs ;) I'm still holding on to a little hope that they pull off one of their big games which in fairness they can do but I do expect the Bok to keep control and not lose focus. I have it at an 80/20 best scenario now. If Wales had a fully fit squad on who they brought out probably 55/45. Really looking forward to 2 great games though from the 4 teams who have been the best 2 in their respective hemispheres over the last 12 months.

I'm surprised that some SA fans are so confident to be honest. I've just seen Wales Online's head to head ratings and they have the teams equal............................................... :p

Wales Online is a hugely pro-Wales rugby biased newspaper. Granted it is a very good newspaper for everything else, but a bit OTT when it comes to Welsh Rugby. I think the Welsh people take it with a bit of salt though.

I see a pretty even game myself, Wales have been unfortunate with injuries, but they have a knack of winning games, and I wouldn't be surprised if they won again on Sunday.

To be fair, they only have the teams on equal scores because they rated the Saffer bench higher than the Wales bench, which evened out the final tally. They actually give Wales' starting 15 a higher score than SA's starting 15, and they really do not rate the Boks' starting front row at all. Average at best apparently. :eek:

To be fair, they only have the teams on equal scores because they rated the Saffer bench higher than the Wales bench, which evened out the final tally. They actually give Wales' starting 15 a higher score than SA's starting 15, and they really do not rate the Boks' starting front row at all. Average at best apparently. :eek:

You do wonder is the rugby writer's there genuinely know nothing or do they just do it on purpose so silly people like us share it?

It's like they've deliberately done it that way
Hilarious comparing Etzebeth to Jake Ball, and saying they're remotely at the same level week in week out, nor Ross Moriarty vs Duane Vermeulen. Its a funny rugby source

Starting to reeeeally get the jitters about this game. If it's a wet rainy game as predicted, and Garces gives breakdown free reign I think we are in real trouble. I don't think SA are good at chasing a score. Starting to get the feeling Wales might play their final on Sunday, and we might be stuck playing a semi final. Meh. Just don't feel so confident after that bloody Gatland press conference.

It's like they've deliberately done it that way
Hilarious comparing Etzebeth to Jake Ball, and saying they're remotely at the same level week in week out, nor Ross Moriarty vs Duane Vermeulen. Its a funny rugby source

Show me a person that would take Etzebeth and Vermeulen over Ball and Moriarty and I'll show you someone who doesn't know rugby :p

Starting to reeeeally get the jitters about this game. If it's a wet rainy game as predicted, and Garces gives breakdown free reign I think we are in real trouble. I don't think SA are good at chasing a score. Starting to get the feeling Wales might play their final on Sunday, and we might be stuck playing a semi final. Meh. Just don't feel so confident after that bloody Gatland press conference.

This Wales side isn't as good over the ball in the breakdown as it has been over the past years, they really struggled to slow Aus ball down in the 2nd half. Navidi out will make them worse in that regard as well.

Keep talking dirty to me! Just going to run upstairs to get the tissues. :D

Keep talking dirty to me! Just going to run upstairs to get the tissues. :D

O40uB1K.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldnt take ball over etzebeth but id take faletau over vermeulen.

I guess not many people know the guys face lol. It's Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal. So there's at least one guy who would lol. Vermeulen is a bit old now. We are lacking in the 8 department atm.

I guess not many people know the guys face lol. It's Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal. So there's at least one guy who would lol. Vermeulen is a bit old now. We are lacking in the 8 department atm.
Not as much as we are lacking in the 8 department!

My thoughts are with you during this tough time bud.
I think it's that from an England perspective the whole world cup has felt super abrupt.
With Argentina playing terribly and also having a red card, then france game not taking place, we've only had one proper game when it should have been 3. To most like be out by tomorrow morning feels... deeply unsatisfying
I feel for ya, red cards are no fun for fans of either team.
Well it seems Wales have now got the Boks exactly where we want them and another masterstroke by Gatland. Strip away all the hype of being no.1 and get them back to massive underdogs ;) I'm still holding on to a little hope that they pull off one of their big games which in fairness they can do but I do expect the Bok to keep control and not lose focus. I have it at an 80/20 best scenario now. If Wales had a fully fit squad on who they brought out probably 55/45. Really looking forward to 2 great games though from the 4 teams who have been the best 2 in their respective hemispheres over the last 12 months.
Are the injuries part of the plan too?
Regardless of who is better than who, this guy has no idea. He paid a well past his best Julian savea a whole lot of money then insulted Julian for playing poorly, despite not having played well in 2 years, asking what happened to his 2015 form (hint: it wasn't 2015, maybe you should have investigated more than watching some out of date world cup highlight clips) and expecting that form to translate into the midfield where he had insisted Julian play despite never having played there professionally.

Edit: I'm not suggesting you were implying thus guy had credibility, I just needed to vent.

Regardless of who is better than who, this guy has no idea. He paid a well past his best Julian savea a whole lot of money then insulted Julian for playing poorly, despite not having played well in 2 years, asking what happened to his 2015 form (hint: it wasn't 2015, maybe you should have investigated more than watching some out of date world cup highlight clips) and expecting that form to translate into the midfield where he had insisted Julian play despite never having played there professionally.

Edit: I'm not suggesting you were implying thus guy had credibility, I just needed to vent.

Oh totally. Guy is an absolute piece of poo. Was just as a reply joke to "show me one person". So there is at least one lol.

Latest posts