• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Australia vs Portugal (01/10/2023)

I wouldn't mind another loss just to drive home how close to the precipice of complete destruction the Wallabies are. A scrappy win does nothing for us.

Yup a loss would be the best thing for us long term.

I think their motivation will be rock bottom, like playing for 3th/4th playoff. Even with a quarter final spot possible, I reckon most guys would have checked out already and just want to get home.

I think their motivation will be rock bottom, like playing for 3th/4th playoff. Even with a quarter final spot possible, I reckon most guys would have checked out already and just want to get home.
The psychological damage done to some of these young guys like Carter G will probably never heal entirely.

Just an FYI, I'm not sure if anyone listens to GBRA pod...

But the Drew Mitchell deterioration has been hilarious.

Hes in France.

He started with a professional swagger, confident, bright eyed for his segment.

Post Georgia he wasnt 100% but still optimistic, still looked in good spirits.

Post Fiji he was in his hotel room, woken up by his team seconds before going on air, hungover, disheveled and knocking his phone over just trying to get through.

Post Wales he was on a random street, looked hungover AND I intoxicated at the same time, fighting off a Welsh fan, no voice and basically just a drunken mess hahahaha

If they lose to Portugal I think he wont even make it online, and there will just be an image of his lifeless body floating down the city centre river lol.

Great watching, love his honesty lol

I'll also point out, Australia are already qualified to 2027 as hosts. That has never made a difference before as the next host has always finished top 3 in group anyway.
Hopefully the US will not break that string in 2027, if they even qualify. But don't count on it.

Portugal: 15 Nuno Sousa Guedes, 14 Raffaele Storti, 13 Pedro Bettencourt, 12 Tomás Appleton (c), 11 Rodrigo Marta, 10 Jerónimo Portela, 9 Samuel Marques, 8 Thibault de Freitas, 7 Nicolas Martins, 6 David Wallis, 5 Martim Belo, 4 José Madeira, 3 Diogo Hasse Ferreira, 2 Mike Tadjer, 1 David Costa

Replacements: 16 Francisco Fernandes, 17 Duarte Diniz, 18 Francisco Bruno, 19 Steevy Cerqueira, 20 Rafael Simões, 21 João Belo, 22 Joris Moura, 23 Manuel Cardoso Pinto

I've been impressed by the Portuguese backup winger Storti and backup centre Bettencourt did decent against Georgia. Actually some depth in the backs. I even thought Portela had his best game I've seen against Georgia.

If Australia don't get off to a good start and get a dose of fear about headlines then this Portuguese side is one that can capitalise. That said, the Wallabies should be getting a good platform all game and surely to goodness they can muster enough morale to save face.

Australia 38 - 12 Portugal

Fark me this world cup has been a stinker. Worst ever Wallabies by a significant distance, pretty much every game played at an unwatchable time, terribly predictable results, a terrible draw, loads of blow outs.

Farkin bin the cnut.

Great try by Portugal. They have been good value this WC!

Latest posts