• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] New Zealand vs Namibia (15/09/2023)

On reflection: Even though the gap is so large, I think the scoreline still flatters Namibia.

You know it's been bad when I actually can't remember exactly what De Groot did. All of those high head shots in this World Cup have all been muddled into one in my head. I had to look it up to see which one it was.

Very stupid to try appeal this one. That shoulder is super tucked with shoulder to head the first point of contact and he was always in an upright position. At least for for the French non-red card to Taofifenua he was quite low, he had one arm around the back of the player and the contact was arm vs shoulder (although this tackle was still a red a year ago and I'm still annoyed by the inconsistency here). There is not a huge amount New Zealand can argue for.

Shouldn't be a long suspension if they go with it. If they appeal maybe they get 6 weeks that rules him out for knock outs

seems fair

I think these stand up tackles are a little bit different to things like Barrett diving shoulder first at a bloke laying on the ground but there are pleanty of guys out there that manage to chop tackle people without going high so they should all learn

Latest posts