• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF4] France vs South Africa (15/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger, no new WC champion. Shame for France. Both teams played fantastically. France needed to score during the sin bin.

Wow. Top 2 gone... that's just devastating

Etzebeth literally gets his side into a final with a professional foul. What a ****.

We have seen France fade in the 2nd half before. Bench depth or fitness? Strange for them to boss it up front for so long then just consistently lose at the breakdown, but not unthinkable.

England carrying the hopes of a hemisphere in a NH hosted RWC (which should have been in SA).

Ah well. Another SA or NZ cup it is!

o'keefe's absolute refusal to use his whistle really affected the game. From the get go the game was a mess. SA got away with murder within 90 seconds by batting the ball into touch and then absolutely didn't care about knock ons the rest of the night.

Damn, I'm sad. I don't understand how it is possible. I was sure about FR win and wasn't even nervous until the last 15 min of the game...
Congratulations to the SA team anyway

Etzebeth literally gets his side into a final with a professional foul. What a ****.
seems to be a classic example of the SA management gobbing off about refs so much in recent years that refs end up favouring them, not a good look or message that puts out.

Big congrats to SA, tough battle fought.

Sadly though, refs are being forced by their governing body to pick a winner, this is no criticism of them, as Nigel Owen's says, it's possible to pick a penalty at every breakdown.

Laws are convoluted, new safety guidelines are in direct opposition to fan entertainment, and rugby has this beautiful gift of making the sport look bad on every occasion!

Gutted. France played all the great rugby, but congrats to SA.

I'll be wearing a black shirt on finals day.

Status
Not open for further replies.