• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Australia (24/09/2023)

They did look like the better team the first 20 minutes.... Then they messed up that line out and it was downhill from there.
Yeah you can almost exactly trace their loss to that lineout. If they take the kick and it's 10-9, it's a far different game. So much more cagey… Wales whilst possibly win; it is not this blow out.

Game deciding moment right then and there.

Yeah you can almost exactly trace their loss to that lineout. If they take the kick and it's 10-9, it's a far different game. So much more cagey… Wales whilst possibly win; it is not this blow out.

Game deciding moment right then and there.
Even so did you actually watch the second half ? Not possibility about it.

Depends on the state, league is still bigger in NSW and QLD. State of Origin got good attendances in Adelaide and Perth. Aussie Rules is bigger everywhere else, on some of the Australian rugby forums they say rugby is behind basketball. I don't think it helps that Australia has no domestic national competition.
They have to sort out the domestic system right now.

Lions 2025 is a massacre waiting to happen. Who's going to buy tickets for that?

World Cup 2027 … could be an England 2015 moment.

Women's World Cup 2029… they are being treated like **** atm

They did look like the better team the first 20 minutes.... Then they messed up that line out and it was downhill from there.
Absolutely. Turned down a gimme three and then I don't even know what happened at that line out. I thought they had rhythm in the first twenty but lack of of ability to string any phases together or challenge the defence with lines or variation meant that it was probably a just a false dawn.

Seemingly a shift in power going on in the North South hemisphere . France comfortably beating NZ , Ireland beating SA and this result today and even Eng beating Argentina with 14 men . It points to a NH winner this year . Also the 6 nations is now the best in the world imo. I can't believe I'm thinking Italy could do something against NZ that's how big the shift is , mental.
I think that's a bit ott tbh

Ireland and France, sure, but there's those two + South Africa then a monumental amount of daylight before you get to the binjuice

Seemingly a shift in power going on in the North South hemisphere . France comfortably beating NZ , Ireland beating SA and this result today and even Eng beating Argentina with 14 men . It points to a NH winner this year . Also the 6 nations is now the best in the world imo. I can't believe I'm thinking Italy could do something against NZ that's how big the shift is , mental.
Wow wow, let's not get too carried away, I don't know why and it sounds illogical but for some reason the Irish win yesterday further reinforced my prediction that SA will retain the ***le. Defiantly a different landscape in the rugby playing world now though.

They have to sort out the domestic system right now.

Lions 2025 is a massacre waiting to happen. Who's going to buy tickets for that?

World Cup 2027 … could be an England 2015 moment.

Women's World Cup 2029… they are being treated like **** atm
I think the Lions will sell out on principle. Loads of British expats around keen to get on the sauce.

More broadly i don't think Australian rugby will ever recover.

I can see the fun for other fans at the moment but ultimately i think its pretty bad for the game.

I think the Lions will sell out on principle. Loads of British expats around keen to get on the sauce.

More broadly i don't think Australian rugby will ever recover.

I can see the fun for other fans at the moment but ultimately i think its pretty bad for the game.
Well the Wallabies were the first nation to win the RWC twice. They do have pedigree.

Unless there are some major upsets then it looks like a northern hemisphere team will top every pool. First time ever.

Absolutely. Turned down a gimme three and then I don't even know what happened at that line out. I thought they had rhythm in the first twenty but lack of of ability to string any phases together or challenge the defence with lines or variation meant that it was probably a just a false dawn.

Gotta be happy with that! Not the flashiest 40 points you'll see, but in a WC who cares.

Wales are building some momentum, that scoreline against even a poor Australia will give the whole squad confidence. Given where Argentina/Japan are at, we should be confident of making a SF now.

Feel like a number of players are really hitting form at the right time which is great to see. Up front Elias is having one hell of a tournament, Rowlands is showing up strongly, Morgan is getting better and better and it's awesome to have a fully fit and firing Faletau back.

Edit. Forfot to mention Francis. I've been very critical of him recently, but fronted up today with a big shift in the scrum and in defense.

Behind, that was vintage Gareth Davies, superb game from him. Wasn't expecting that performance from Anscombe after last week, but hats off to him. Tompkins is smashing it, whilst North finally looks fully fit again and is offering a really steady presence at 13, excellent defensively, even if he's lost a yard of pace in attack.

I'd love to see LRZ get more opportunities, but there wasn't really a need tonight with Aus giving away so many pens.

Commeserations to our Aussie posters. Never nice to see your side play so poorly. Get rid of that toxic man in charge and build something better ready for the Lions and next home WC.

Ah well let's just celebrate Wales being the first team to reach the QFs , why why why deliah 😂

Also thank Welsh subjects of English crown for not putting us through the humiliation of going out to yourselves or Australia.

Well, the Blessed Eddie strikes again.
He's done splendidly in destroying another team in record time.
Well done to Wales though. Thoroughly deserved that record win.

Latest posts