• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sad Married F___ers

You might as well just start ordering half-pints next time you hit the pub, if you ever get to that stage.
[/b]

I wouldn't want to humble you by living down to your tolerance level - that'd be too patronizing in a way

:lol:

You're a cheeky f***er sometimes, Roth.
[/b]
haha...yes I am...
but seriously...how would one become "un"married? It's not one of those things where you have to do the whole ceremony in reverse, is it? Or hire superman to fly counterclockwise around the earth?

<div class='quotemain'>
:lol:

You're a cheeky f***er sometimes, Roth.
[/b]
haha...yes I am...
but seriously...how would one become "un"married? It's not one of those things where you have to do the whole ceremony in reverse, is it? Or hire superman to fly counterclockwise around the earth?
[/b][/quote]

We know certain people on TRF who can arrange for you to become 'unmarried', see the quote in my sig? it's not true, there is a trf mafia, and where there's a mafia there's a dodgy firm of lawyers at hand.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

Wow, after reading most of your "tales", if you will.. :p

I don't know whether I'm lucky, or in the ****.

Me and my fiancee/gal have been together for nearly 9 months, engaged, just fell pregnant, likes all same music as me, loves guitar, same kind of movies, like doing same things, same habits (apart from smoking), we have the odd argument here and there but meh, thats a relationship for you.

The only thing I don't get on with is the whole, "Sometimes I think you love that Xbox more than me" line....:p

right my gf has lived with me for just over 6 months (i think i cant be botherd counting) and its ok. i hardly see her as she works funny hours and when i am on call i dont get to bed til after 1 or 2am so that kind sucks. also she is moving to the states for a year or two, which is going to suck as well as i am not going (not that i dont ahve the chance i just dont want to go)

so at the moment its kinda sad and soon it will be worse when she goes. its just all crazy

right my gf has lived with me for just over 6 months (i think i cant be botherd counting) and its ok. i hardly see her as she works funny hours and when i am on call i dont get to bed til after 1 or 2am so that kind sucks. also she is moving to the states for a year or two, which is going to suck as well as i am not going (not that i dont ahve the chance i just dont want to go)

so at the moment its kinda sad and soon it will be worse when she goes. its just all crazy
[/b]

Long distance relationships can be tough...hope it works out for ya dude.

Holidays in the states could be fun though.

yep and expensive (for holiday and the relationship)

just goint to take it as it comes at the moment.

[/b]

Get some sort of internet phone based communication system sorted asap. Webcam etc (although not in an American Pie sort of way young man)

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Get some sort of internet phone based communication system sorted asap. Webcam etc (although not in an American Pie sort of way young man)
[/b][/quote]

Surely that's the REASON you get a webcam though...isn't it?

Woosah my heart goes out to you my friend. It'll be like having darkmatter vision, set to permanently notice the vacuum her absence has created in your universe, even if that universe only meant getting into a warm bed at one or two in the morning on account of your work. Good luck for the LDR as well, if that's the road you are going to take.

yeah thanks guys apreciated :) if i need to set up a webcam i can use my vid cam that i use for like normal stuff (i havnt actually used it for over a year) its going to be a long year or so.

Just going to take it as it comes, dunno whats going to happen.

[/b]
So, do the next best thing...have an American come stay with you...then everything will be socially relavent (or you will have a living Ameri-Dictionary to understand her experiences...as in "yes, Walmart is full of rednecks...I can confirm that.") and it just so happens that I know an American willing to sacrifice a year and stay with you in NZ.

Ahh, the opposing thread.
How man of you SMFers still out there?
Any new ones to join the group?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 21 2008, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ahh, the opposing thread.
How man of you SMFers still out there?
Any new ones to join the group?[/b]
I got divorced 3 years ago.....best thing that ever happened?

I'm also an SMF. See marriage is just like rugby. You find a club and settle into it, maybe it's the same club you have been at as a youth. Maybe you have journeyed a bit, but doesn't matter now that you have found a decent club. You are playing fly-half. Things go really well, you get a call-up to the National Team as fly-half. A cap comes, time for celebration!

But after the cap, your club then expects you to only play for them, and extra commitment or you will lose the contract. Often this commitment may include coaching the u-16's on a sunday morning. Alas other clubs notice your performance and they become possible suitors. Your club blocks any transfer of you going anywhere, even though you never planned to. This leads to some minor dispute. You start to lose your starting place and your performance drops a tad, and although you have trained hard all week as you do every week, you are not even in the matchday 22 most weeks.

Eventually, the club decides to sell you. They release you, but you have to buy-out your contract. You go to a newly formed club that is really making a name for itself and start again. Eventually, you may even be capped again.

After a long career, possibly flirting with more caps you get old and have to retire as you just don't have a hard tackle often enough these days and you can't seem to ruck like you used to.

laugh.gif

Worthy of a + rep point there for sure!
Very funny.