• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale deducted 1 point

A

An Tarbh

Just read on Setanta that Sale have been decucted 1 point for fielding an unregistered player.

David Ward is the player in question who was in the match 22 for the Harlequins match a month ago.

They've also been fined £5000.

Could end up making the difference between them making the playoffs and missing out now, especially when you consider how crucial the bp they got in the end on Friday was.

Well that gives Gloucester a chance but they're still slim in a season that is rapidly imploding..

Well that's just ridiculous. Undone all the hard work they did in Friday against the 'Quins.

Their own fault though in the end. Too many opportunities to rack up the wins thrown away...

I think 1 point is the standard deduction for that sort of thing. Quins have had one a few years ago i think and Tigers got top spot taken from then by a 1 point loss a couple of years ago.

Sale're appealing to have the point deduction overturned. I think if it's rejected they lose an extra point, so if by some miracle they make it to the play-offs, they'll lose a second point and be knocked out...

Latest posts