• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale v Munster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 19 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry, what was i thinking about stating my opinion (valid ones nonethless when i saw very little kicking out of hand, little support play and very much a crash ball merchant) especially when McAllisters boyfriend is on here.[/b]
^_^ Hey, you're entitled to say what you like. I just want validity to a claim which contradicts every other critic's opinion on his performances this season.
And as I said, we must have been watching two totally different games then...

I was not commenting on McAllister's season, just performance in this game: 1 dimensional.
I believe i backed up my beliefs and no, we weren't watching a different game you were just wearing your rose tinted glasses again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 19 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
McAlister for me is proving that he is somewhat of a 1 dimensional player, however, he is very good kicking from tee.[/b]

Indeed, could you elaborate on that as it does raise some interesting questions such as how well are the stars of the Southern Hemisphere handling the rigors of Heineken Cup rugby? On the one hand you have had consistent performers such as Butch James and Doug Howlett while on the other hand you have had those who have either blown hot & cold such as Byron Kelleher and his inability to get Toulouse firing at crucial moments against London Irish and Munster last season as well as against Bath this season or are starting to appear as though they are missing the point of their soujern in the Northern Hemisphere.

McAlister is a case in point. I thought he was meant to be up here to broaden his education, learn how to handle responsibility and leadership as well as live in a world without Dan Carter for a few years. Add onto that playing with a fly-half who can quite easily shrivel up into a ball at the sight of a single moral sapping intercept or tackle you would think that the extra responsibility would enable him to expand his playing options. Frankly, I think Graham Henry is dead wrong when he says that there is no practical benefit for him to go up North. He simply isn't going to get these opportunities to learn and expand as a player in New Zealand. End of discussion.

The problem is that he's not really grasping that opportunity. Case in point Butch James who has flourished at Bath and seeing him in person with an arm in a sling earlier in February, even then he just looked buzzing and wanting to play against teams he's never played before, play with people he's never played with before and get the maximum benefit from the experience and will come back to South Africa as a much better player as a result.

McAlister on the other hand, whilst showing elements of form and ability which makes him such a hot prospect isn't expanding into the multi-dimensional superhero that Butch is starting to turn into at Bath. The one way to show Henry the error of his ways and pursuade him that 6/12 month sabbaticals or whatever are a good idea is to get as much as he can out of the experience. Clap trap about the NH making him a "well rounded person" and nothing else be damned!

Right, so after one game (despite a, err, 'pretty good' season so far) you're saying he's 'proving to be 1-dimensional'?
Puh. Nevermind though; we all know that only Scarlet fans see things through one eye. ;) :rolleyes:
Oh, and Prestwick.

I would say that he's in danger of wasting the chance to work with one of the most exciting NH coaches out there right now and expand his game.

That answer was a bit of a damp squib, wasn't it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 19 2008, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would say that he's in danger of wasting the chance to work with one of the most exciting NH coaches out there right now and expand his game.

That answer was a bit of a damp squib, wasn't it?[/b]
I've lost you. Surely you don't mean PSA? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Right, so after one game (despite a, err, 'pretty good' season so far) you're saying he's 'proving to be 1-dimensional'?[/b]

Take whatever attitude you want, i was just calling it how i saw him play today in comparison with how i last saw him in new Zealand.
Maybe he's becoming a much better player like all your critics are bleating on about and maybe i'm wrong, but like f*** am i'm gonna be belittled for expressing my opinions by you.

Whoa, lads, can't we all just get along?

Don't make me post pictures of Mostar Bridge and videos of cute Anime intros...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 19 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've always liked PSA![/b]
Maybe you should marry him! D:
Seriously, a lot of Sale fans consider him to be the reason why the talent in the side isn't being utilised to its potential. But when you're a Saracens fan, any other coach is an improvement, I guess. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 19 2008, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
but like f**k am i'm gonna be belittled for expressing my opinions by you.[/b]
Hey, I just wanted some decent points from you rather than 'he's 1-dimenshunul kthxbai'. If you started off with your last comment, I wouldn't have given a monkey's...
Why do I feel like I'm fighting for a pointless cause? <_<

TOO LATE *****ES

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqBDY7HvFAk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BqBDY7HvFAk&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

emotawesomexg7.gif

Ah, the perfect Munster moment - sit back with a giant golden crown on your head, a traffic cone full of Murphys in your hand, and watch the bickering midgets of the HEC chase pigeons around the yard.

McAlister had some brilliant moments - that inside flick on the left wing was wow - but he was up against the champions, FFS!

Seriously, the only way you could call him one dimensional is if he got the go ahead at OH and failed to do a mini-Carter. As it was, he had little chance to shine because Wigglesworth was poor, and even Hodgson wasn't that good in the end - despite Stuart Barnes dribbling in to the microphone.

bloody_hell.jpg

Relevant.
emotawesomexg7.gif
I agree with shtove, btw: Peel was crap, Rigglesworth was crap and Hodgson was, well, better than shtove makes him out to be.

I'll be sitting on the fence on this one. I think McAllister is orribly overrated and overhyped (as is everything associated with the premiership), but he had some pretty good moments yesterday. I wouldnt say he was one dimensional but I can see where RC is coming from. It was a big game and he was definately shown up by a fantastic performance from Mafi. Where Mafi was looking lively with ball in hand, even from a static start, McAllister just ran the lines, though they were some damn fine lines. He has decent feet, but its his upper body strength that gets him through a lot of the tighter gaps. I presume thats what RC was implying.

I suppose I would ask, whats wrong with being a 1 trick pony, when its a really good trick, very difficult to stop, and a fundamental part of the game?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 20 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'll be sitting on the fence on this one. I think McAllister is orribly overrated and overhyped 3.I suppose I would ask, whats wrong with being a 1 trick pony, when its a really good trick, very difficult to stop, and a fundamental part of the game?[/b]
1. Oh you!
2. Ran the lines and broke the gainline on every occasion (including where Mafi upended him; though that was mostly due to Mafi)?
3. 1 trick pony? Laugh out loud.

Call me biased and whatever, but I disagree completely (apart from the comments about Mafi's game) like I do with all of your posts. <_<

You arguing for McAllisters case to me is what it must be like when i argue for Shane's case to the New Zealanders.
I just can't accept what's being said because what i've seen from McAllister just doesn't add up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 21 2008, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rigglesworth was crap and Hodgson was, well, better than shtove makes him out to be.[/b]
Hodgson fired up the backline, but that faded when it mattered.

Don't think Sale went for any DGs, did they? Step up ROG - that's the way to do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 20 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You arguing for McAllisters case to me is what it must be like when i argue for Shane's case to the New Zealanders.
I just can't accept what's being said because what i've seen from McAllister just doesn't add up.[/b]
And what have you seen from him? Based on Saturdays game alone a neutral could only call his performance quality... And yeh, he does tend to crashball a lot; isn't that what centres are meant to do? I remember pundits criticizing Henson for not doing this enough, and when he did it in the 6N he was considered the best 12 in Europe. In the game, I remember about three sweet passes that put his team-mates into space; he was breaking the gainline with most of his runs and kicking for goal from insane angles. I don't see how this could be called 1-dimensional. Nonu is a player I would apply this tag to (though he does his job very well...) While I agree Mafi outshone him the other day, he barely got the ball he should have; since he's Sale's most threatening player by a mile... Anyway, yeh you're right. Apparently I'm seeing things that nobody else is. >.>

"Don't think Sale went for any DGs, did they?"

Nope. Lack of composure and HC experience (AND O'CONNELL'S MOTHER****ING FOOT D:) cost us a BP...

Latest posts