• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale v Munster

Huge defensive effort now required for Munster to hold on to this, Mafi's a huge loss.

Just as firefox crashes O'Gara seals it with a drop goal and crucial intercept from Munster.

Ah f***ing hell... Tait you utter ******. There's your place in the squad gone, mate.

Say what you like about Sale, Paris and Leinster's performances but that's the performance of the pool stages so far. Quality effort from Munster and even more crucially denying Sale the bonus point at the death.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 19 2008, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Say what you like about Sale, Paris and Leinster's performances but that's the performance of the pool stages so far. Quality effort from Munster and even more crucially denying Sale the bonus point at the death.[/b]
Agreed. What are the chances of Sale going through now? We need to win at least 3 games with a BP and hope Clermont don't gift Munster the away fixture by putting out a 5th strength side.
We're fked then. :(
For Sale: McAlister and Chris Jones were immense for 60 minutes until, toward the end, the whole side just vanished under a sea of red. Hodgson made an effective impact when he came on and I was sure we were going to steal it on the hour mark. After that, Munster just totally destroyed us in every area on the park and they fully deserve the win and the ***le of Champions (as if they didn't deserve it before...) I hope the sides' confidence isn't gone after that; I feel we can still get throuh as a runner up if we perform to the level we have been (yep, I think we were on top form today; the ability to close out the game was what won it for Munster. Oh, and that c**t O'Gara ^_^.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 19 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Say what you like about Sale, Paris and Leinster's performances but that's the performance of the pool stages so far. Quality effort from Munster and even more crucially denying Sale the bonus point at the death.
[/b]

Agreed. No one knows better than Munster how to win these games...

I think we should see Munster and even Toulouse at least in semi-final this year, their experience in H-Cup are priceless.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 19 2008, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Say what you like about Sale, Paris and Leinster's performances but that's the performance of the pool stages so far. Quality effort from Munster and even more crucially denying Sale the bonus point at the death.[/b]
Agreed. What are the chances of Sale going through now? We need to win at least 3 games with a BP and hope Clermont don't gift Munster the away fixture by putting out a 5th strength side.
We're fked then. :(
[/b][/quote]

In terms of topping the pool I would say yes but if you were to look at the start of the pool and say 5 points from the opening 2 games that wouldn't necessarily be a bad return. Teams are dropping points all over the place, Toulouse at Glasgow, Bath at home today, Wasps at home last week, no defensive bonus this week, Perpignan unable to get the full haul at home to Treviso. So 3bp wins and something from Thomond Park may well be enough to get a runner-up spot, but then who's to say Munster are nailed on for 2 away wins in France. It could turn out that 4 wins will top this pool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
we could easily be back in the game... I hope! :([/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We need to go now.[/b]
For the love of god stop saying WE! Your a Scarlets fan! :D

What a performance from Munster. Certainly puts Leinsters win off the back pages tomorrow. Massive massive massive effort that does some real damage to Sale's HEC ambitions and makes up for the mistake against Montauban. Denying them a bonus point was brilliant.

Before the game I didnt think they could do it, but pretty early you could see how much the pack were up for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 19 2008, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We need to go now.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
O_U.jpg

O why did we have such a difficult pool; why Lord? :( Llanelli last year and now Sale this year... RAWR! D:<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 19 2008, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 19 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need to go now.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
O_U.jpg

O why did we have such a difficult pool; why Lord? :( Llanelli last year and now Sale this year... RAWR! D:<
[/b][/quote]

wouldn't be much of a competition if the pools were too easy now, would it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 19 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wouldn't be much of a competition if the pools were too easy now, would it?[/b]
It's always easy when Munster are in the pool - for them! To beat a Sale side who were on top form in that manner at home shows the makings of a side who are going to do back-to-back Heineken Cup victories. We've always got the Premiership to walk through at least. :D

Welcome to the HEC, Sharks!

For all the talk of Earls, it was Mafi and Warwick who shone. McA always a threat, but didn't get enough good ball.

ROG made a few mistakes - kicked too much possession away in the 3rd Q - but got it right when it mattered. Nice game for O'Leary.

Big crunch in the forwards. Munster's lineout needs fixing.

Just watched the replay: O'Connell's foot stopped Cueto from scoring in the 76th minute... Bah!

Well, is it me or is Sale's rock hard defense finally falling apart under the strain of rapid-fire matches? Munster doing what they do best when having to dig out a result but still no bonus points. If they suffer a defeat to Clermont (or even Montauban away) then their position will start to look very shaky indeed.

Well done to all the players and to Tony McGahan, he was criticized during the week but all he got it spot on today. Warwick to 15 was an excellent idea.
Mafi was f***ing superb. How many players under 14st can say they have knocked a rampaging Sebastian Chebal backwards? Surely one of the best centres in Europe.
David Wallace was excellent and a worthy MOM. Depending on whether or not Heaslip is cited he could be Ireland's 8 for the AIs.
It was an excellent game. All the usual names were on top of their game but well done to the likes of John O'Sullivan, Paul Warwick and Keith Earls as well!

Unlucky to all the Sale supporters. Hopefully well both get out of this c*** of a group :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 19 2008, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hopefully well both get out of this c*** of a group :D[/b]
Just dont see it happening. You lot will be taking too many points off eachother for the remainder of the pool games. The only chance is if both Clermont and Montauban field weakened sides for the rest of the tournament and I seriously doubt Clermont have given up yet. Munster have put themselves in a good position, but Its all still to play for in this group.

As Prestwick already said, Munster lose to Clermont, Sale beat Montauban with a bonus point and the groups all evens again.

Great game, truly entertaining!
McAlister for me is proving that he is somewhat of a 1 dimensional player, however, he is very good kicking from tee.
I thought Sale might be able to pull a win off today but i think they showed Munster a little too much respect. They know what Munster are capable of and maybe succumbed to the idea that they were bound to grind out a win when the game was close.
Mentally Sale didn't have it today, but boy oh boy, if they keep playing like that then sides are gonna drop like flies around them.
They do need to get rid of cockbain tho...fast.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 19 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
McAlister for me is proving that he is somewhat of a 1 dimensional player, however, he is very good kicking from tee.[/b]
One-dimensional as in:
Great distribution, kicking out of hand, running lines, speed/acceleration/strength, kicking for goal, vision etc ad nauseum? :huh: Unless we were watching different games and we have different definitions of 'one-dimensional', he performed well in all of these areas today...

Sorry, what was i thinking about stating my opinion (valid ones nonethless when i saw very little kicking out of hand, little support play and very much a crash ball merchant) especially when McAllisters boyfriend is on here.

Latest posts