• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale v Munster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 20 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
since he's Sale's most threatening player by a mile... Anyway, yeh you're right. Apparently I'm seeing things that nobody else is. >.>[/b]

Get over yourself, it's just an opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 20 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 20 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
since he's Sale's most threatening player by a mile... Anyway, yeh you're right. Apparently I'm seeing things that nobody else is. >.>[/b]

Get over yourself, it's just an opinion.
[/b][/quote]
Based on the Munster game, no, it's not. :rolleyes:
Anyway, we're done, aren't we? My argument wasn't meant to be with you on the last page...
bloody_hell.jpg

God, this picture so sums up the last two pages...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 20 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Call me biased and whatever, but I disagree completely (apart from the comments about Mafi's game) like I do with all of your posts. <_<[/b]
I didnt expect anything different. Its what you do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 20 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And yeh, he does tend to crashball a lot; isn't that what centres are meant to do?[/b]
Look ...... if it makes you feel any better I'd be happy enough if he was on the Leinster panel. By Panel of course I mean the wooden one stretching horizontally where the rest of the substitutes look on and learn. He could probably pick up a thing or two from O'Driscoll. Defense (still the best #7 on most pitches), Kicking out of hand (including the "on the run, kung-fu kick outta the opponents hands" kick), Running (or hobbling very fast), Putting players into space (been doing that for years) finishing (conveniently forgetting the two years before now :) )........ jesus at one stage O'Driscoll charged into a rook, took the ball up through the middle and drove it on about 5 yards. What the **** he was doing there I havent a clue, but that is commitment. Thats what a modern centre is meant to do.

Anyway, trolling aside, I actually pointed out that I thought he did well. McAllister is a damn fine player, makes plenty of yards and has good distribution but lets not talk him up above what he has actually done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 20 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 20 2008, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call me biased and whatever, but I disagree completely (apart from the comments about Mafi's game) like I do with all of your posts. <_<[/b]
I didnt expect anything different. Its what you do.[/b][/quote]

Damn straight!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 20 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 20 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And yeh, he does tend to crashball a lot; isn't that what centres are meant to do?[/b]
Anyway, trolling aside, I actually pointed out that I thought he did well. McAllister is a damn fine player, makes plenty of yards and has good distribution but lets not talk him up above what he has actually done.
[/b][/quote]

I was just hitting back at the 'massively overrated and overhyped' remark. I'm going by current form (i.e. the start of the NH season) when I say I think he's the best centre in the NH... If his form drops and he plays consistently **** from now until May then I'll won't say a word on the matter again.
In fact, I'll stop it here because it's already lasted <strike>a whole thread</strike> two pages...

i have to agree. he was supposed to go up to the NH to broaden his game. however he still plays with his strengths put he hasnt worked upon his weaknesses since he left here. i realise without a doubt he's a class player but i'm another one who can understand the "1-dimensional" comment. i'm not going to repeat what someone else explained before so yeah. oh and hes a 2nd five not a centre! he's always played 2nd five and if he wants to develop upon his natural ability at 12 ie. kicking and crashin and offloadin in contact then he shouldn't be wasted at 13. also i still think he's a slight defensive lapse at 13.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dangan @ Oct 21 2008, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have to agree. he was supposed to go up to the NH to broaden his game. however he still plays with his strengths put he hasnt worked upon his weaknesses since he left here. i realise without a doubt he's a class player but i'm another one who can understand the "1-dimensional" comment. i'm not going to repeat what someone else explained before so yeah. oh and hes a 2nd five not a centre! he's always played 2nd five and if he wants to develop upon his natural ability at 12 ie. kicking and crashin and offloadin in contact then he shouldn't be wasted at 13. also i still think he's a slight defensive lapse at 13.[/b]
12 is centre pal, we don't go by this second-five-eighth ********.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dangan @ Oct 21 2008, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i have to agree. he was supposed to go up to the NH to broaden his game. however he still plays with his strengths put he hasnt worked upon his weaknesses since he left here.[/b]
What weaknesses are they, then? Handling was an issue with him last season, but it certainly isn't as big an issue now as it was when he left NZ.

Handling, decision making, kicking from hand, tendency for Tindall/Nonu-esque crash ball...

NO_U_cycle.gif

As I said, his handling has improved vastly this season. Also, the kicking out of hand thing is down to some inept tactics the coaches have imployed: apparently, Hodgson and Wigglesworth's conservative 10 metre punts are better options than a 40 - 50 metre strike...
And in all fairness, I'd rather a centre go crash ball than do a Shanklin-stand-up-straight-and-get-absolutely-****ing-raped-by-your-opposite-number tactic...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 21 2008, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As I said, his handling has improved vastly this season. Also, the kicking out of hand thing is down to some inept tactics the coaches have imployed: apparently, Hodgson and Wigglesworth's conservative 10 metre punts are better options than a 40 - 50 metre strike...
And in all fairness, I'd rather a centre go crash ball than do a Shanklin-stand-up-straight-and-get-absolutely-****ing-raped-by-your-opposite-number tactic...[/b]

NAY THEE!

Maybe the tactics for hodgeson and wigglesworth are in place because his kicking from hand is one of his clear weaknesses.

Hey, who'd have thought it, i just can't leave the subject alone! :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 21 2008, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe the tactics for hodgeson and wigglesworth are in place because his kicking from hand is one of his clear weaknesses.

Hey, who'd have thought it, i just can't leave the subject alone! :eek:[/b]
Maybe; I'm not the coach, so I don't understand PSA's reasoning behind it; or anything he does, for that matter. :blink: I, being biased, naturally, would have thought punting the ball 50 metres down field would be more useful than a 10 - 20 metre bit of conservativity; especially since we, oh wait, especially since Sale were under pressure on the tryline constantly.
NOW, LISTEN YOU! - LEAVE IT ALONE, DAMNIT! D=

Surely you should round off the thread by bowing to .............. well just about everyones opinion ............ and admit that McAllister, while being a fine player, is not god, and remove him from your world 15.

It would be a first, but a nice way to end it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 21 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Surely you should round off the thread by bowing to .............. well just about everyones opinion ............ and admit that McAllister, while being a fine player, is not god, and remove him from your world 15.

It would be a first, but a nice way to end it.[/b]
NON, TOI!

Latest posts