• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

Midway through the 2nd half, a Scot charging down Wilkinson as he made a kick casually let his arm drift a little too high and it brushed Wilkinson against the neck.

Wilko threw his arms up and thew himself backwards like he had been hit by Chabal with rocket skates on.

Not sure anyone English would object to Balshaw being cited for anything at all. Seems about the only way we can get rid of him at the moment.[/b]
:lol:

But the "knee-to-temple" incident was England's best breakout. Balshaw is a fine runner.

The one thing Scotland have above all others is Parkes - a man who can hoist the ball and then stand still until it comes back down and smacks him on the head. Unique talent. I'd pay to see that.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Yes Lineens_tartan_army, I'm from Edinburgh so I've got every right to slag you weegie's off!

Aberdeen is OK, it's much less offensive than ScumDee.
[/b]

Yup Dundee is a shithole if im brutally honest. Edinburgh is immense because its for real people who dont like sporting the latest 10 inch blade in stock ;)
[/b][/quote]

Dundee is nowhere near as bad as it sounds, sure we have our share of shites but no more than any other city in Scotland, nay the UK, nay the world.
[/b][/quote]

I have been to Dundee many times as i only live half an hour away, the amount of ned scum is unbelievable. No offense mate, i know not everyone in Dundee is like that but its hard to look past sterotypes.

<div class='quotemain'> Not sure anyone English would object to Balshaw being cited for anything at all. Seems about the only way we can get rid of him at the moment.[/b]

But the "knee-to-temple" incident was England's best breakout. Balshaw is a fine runner.

The one thing Scotland have above all others is Parkes - a man who can hoist the ball and then stand still until it comes back down and smacks him on the head. Unique talent. I'd pay to see that.
[/b][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did that seriously happen?!?!?

Quick! Someone get a clip of it and show Incredible Shalk!!!!

I have turned the corner, Parks is crap and he was awful on saturday. His up and unders were going backwards, mongo..

<div class='quotemain'> Not sure anyone English would object to Balshaw being cited for anything at all. Seems about the only way we can get rid of him at the moment.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

to be fair to Dan - he did have to take a few steps right to be hit by it! :p

Still think hes the best weve got though!

Parks is the worst stand off we have! One trick pony....up and unders, that's all he can do! His tactical kicking can be very good, but it's very inconistant. He doesn't tackle and I never see him break the line or do anything creative.

Here's a thought for the Italy game. Drop parks from the 22 and put Godman on the bench. He's also a centre too. I know after last year's horror show against Italy many don't want to see him in a dark blue shirt again but he's been fantastic for Edinburgh this season and I do think now is the time to get him involved again with the national team. Working with Robo has done him wonders I think.

Your telling me Godman is better than Parks? :eek:

Yes he may be playing well for Edinburgh this season, but Parks has been superb fro Glasgow this season too - so what does that prove?

Personally I would play Patterson at SO with Parks on the bench, but this time have other backs on the bench aswell so Patterson doesnt have to move to Centre/Wing/FB when someone gets injured.

And he cant tackle? I dont think thats a criticism you could make of any one of the Scotland players on saturday!!

Yes, Godman is better than Parks this season. Godman out played Park ealier this year. He's fast, great hands, his kicking game has come on all season and he seems to be playing with confidence. He's been playing well in 'a' team as well now for a few games, and I think that last year is well and truly behind him. Robinson dropped him earlier in the year, and I think that served as a kick up the arse.

And Park has been playing OK for Glasgow, he's nothing special. Anyway, Glasgow are pish!

Yes, Godman is better than Parks this season. Godman out played Park ealier this year. He's fast, great hands, his kicking game has come on all season and he seems to be playing with confidence. He's been playing well in 'a' team as well now for a few games, and I think that last year is well and truly behind him. Robinson dropped him earlier in the year, and I think that served as a kick up the arse.

And Park has been playing OK for Glasgow, he's nothing special. Anyway, Glasgow are pish! [/b]

Weve got 2 in a row against Edinburgh in the Back-up games - and will shortly be adding the 1872 Challenge Cup to that! :D (Besides, despite a first half performance beaten only by England at Murrayfield we should still have beaten you!)

And youve never seen Parks break the line? obviously you havent seen that much of Glasgow this season, hes been behind a fair chunk of our play (including a break-away try against Cardiff)

Dont get me wrong, im not saying Parks is great, but Godman (for me) isnt the answer ot our problems at 10.

Please, back up games count for ****. The SRU threw oodles of cash at you this season, so of course you've got strength in depth. We got very little and we're still in with a shout (albeit slim) of the ***le,

And we deserved that game, no question, the mentality to come from conceding a late try to scoring a winning one speaks for itself does it not.

Tell you what, if you want proof Edinburgh are a better side than Glasgow...go look at the league table!

Godman may not be the finnished article but most people would take him above the one dimensional, let's hoof the ball and not pass it at all, aussie import Parks.

I have turned the corner, Parks is crap and he was awful on saturday. His up and unders were going backwards, mongo.. [/b]

Banana.gif

Please, back up games count for ****. The SRU threw oodles of cash at you this season, so of course you've got strength in depth. We got very little and we're still in with a shout (albeit slim) of the ***le,

And we deserved that game, no question, the mentality to come from conceding a late try to scoring a winning one speaks for itself does it not.

Tell you what, if you want proof Edinburgh are a better side than Glasgow...go look at the league table!

Godman may not be the finnished article but most people would take him above the one dimensional, let's hoof the ball and not pass it at all, aussie import Parks. [/b]

Aye, but a forward pass might have helped that cause slightly! ;) (And BTW im not doubting Edinburgh should have won that game - but Glasgow were that bad that night Edinburgh should have wrapped it up before HT)

And Edinburgh are only 5 points ahead, not exactly proving they are much better when the scottish derby already played was Edinburghs home one. We could easilly cut that lead to 1 point with Victory at Binghill. (And Glasgow have been unlucky in many games this season - had we managed to get another score in 2 games against teams below us at the time then we would have been top for 24 hours in January. Oh, and had it not been for some birraze refereeing we would have completed the double over Biarritz - decisions that have been criticised even by Embra fans)

Anyway, thats getting away from the topic - I believe there is a Magners League board for that.

But granted, your entitled to your opinion about Godman being selected, but my opinion is that Dan Parks is still our best option at Stand Off (until Mossy proves himself). Have you forgotten the RWC? OK, he hasnt been performing much this season, but neither have most of our squad (only players I would give pass marks to until Saturday would be Barclay, Rennie and Strokoch (and possibly Mike Blair)). I feel he had a good game on saturday, his 2 up-and-unders apart, putting in around 10 big tackles, making some good kicks aswell and of course knocking over a very important penalty to put daylight between the sides. You may have your own opinion, but thats mine.

Whatever team selected though, the Italy game is now an important one! with WC seedings being determined by World Rankings at the years end, and considering the tough schedule Scotland will have this year (summer tests against the Pumas, and a November test v the AB's) it vital Scotland concentrate on winning any games the possibly can, and racking up a 15+ victory over Canada. And that starts with saturdays game. Play the way they did against England and they should be able to edge it, but can they replecate that sort of comitment when they arent playing against white shirts?

(ps. for the likes of Scotland, Ireland and Italy I can see the new WC seedings adding a real edge to the summer and November tests! :D )

Actually, Dan Parks may well have scored a penalty, i'm not questioning his kicking range it's very impressive.

HOWEVER, he made the most errors on Saturday out of both sides, 2 of 6 errors from kicks came from him, he missed touch a couple times and he didn't make anything like 10 tackles, Webster was the biggest tackler with 11, Morrison with 9. I mean, those stats just don't lie do they?

Parks has had long enough to prove himself, and while he's a useful squad player and he's quite cleary improved and had a reasonable World Cup, he's just not good enough for an international team trying to play winning rugby. Paterson has started to settle into the 10 role, and I really do think that given the form of Godman this year that the italy game is an ideal oppurtunity for him to come of the bench and make a mark.

<div class='quotemain'> I have turned the corner, Parks is crap and he was awful on saturday. His up and unders were going backwards, mongo.. [/b]

Banana.gif

[/b][/quote]

:toss:

I didn't watch much of the game, being in Ireland on a stag doo and insisting (to a bunch of mostly non Rugby fans) that we stay in a pub so I can watch Ireland V Wales.

I'm quite glad I picked that game to watch and not England v Scotland (which was always going to be generally drab), especially having read the reports in various 'papers. 2 gain line breaks the entire game, was it really that bad?

Latest posts