• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

<div class='quotemain'>and just to top it off, we didnt have to put up with any renditions of 'swing bloody low'.[/b]

Hmmm, I did hear some on the TV. Maybe the BBC was pumping it through to add 'balance' to their coverage?

[/b][/quote]

they did start a few times, but each time it was met with about 20,000 boo's! :D

<div class='quotemain'> But England did better than the All Blacks in the World Cup! Their players are so much mentally tougher and stronger!

Therefore is it safe to assume Scotland > Australia and New Zealand put together? [/b]

Oh Ripper, my dear boy, you are quite the farceur, aren't you!
[/b][/quote]

Was I late?

....what. The. f***? Who are those dicks whistling and slow hand clapping?! I'd say allot of bad things about the Twickenham crowd but they NEVER pull this bullshit. They should be ashamed! [/b]

Agreed, that was disgraceful. There appeared to be a small section of english fans just round the corner from us doing that, and suspect they may be the only ones. (although TBF some of the booing was to drown out the same groups insesant singing of Swing Low)

Thankfully it was a minority though, just a shame given the circumstances it was bound to be an audible minority.

Sounds like it was a dreadful game, but I'm gonna watch it just so I can hear that twat Brian Moore getting all irate about his wonderful England lol.

Sounds like it was a dreadful game, but I'm gonna watch it just so I can hear that twat Brian Moore getting all irate about his wonderful England lol.
[/b]

Moore was the only entertaining element in the whole sorry spectacle!

For some strange reason I was looking forward to this game after the win in Paris.Then to go to Edinburgh and not even look interested is a scandal.It was such **** that I cant even say the Scots played well and we were well beaten. We were just abject in the extreme. I challenge anyone to pick out a worse championship performance from England in the last 20 years, cos I cant think of one. There can be no other way forward now but to pick a really young and attack minded team for next week against Ireland as we have nothing to lose. How we can have good young English talent, playing exciting rugby in the GP week in and week out and then see our national side serve up that conservative,mindless shite is beyond all reason.
Ashton is as he looks, an old man who is out of his depth dragging English rugby further and further into oblivion.
Next week I want to see Simpson-Daniel,Ashton(not f***ing Brian),Kennedy,Stevens,Cipriani,Hartley,Allen and the like all given a go . What could possibly be the reason for not doing this?

I'd hate to be somewhat over-patriotic but I think both Balshaw and Noon should be cited.
It was a deliberate shoulder on Hugo Southwell with malicious intent, not only did he lead in with his shoulder but he drove it into Southwells chest.
The Balshaw/Lamont incident wasn't as malicious but it's still an example of dangerous play, he led in with this legs and knocked out a player by kneeing him in the head. In my eyes that is dangerous play and he should be reprimanded for it.

I also think Wilkinson should be at least giving a warning for his shocking dive, it's something that needs to be erased from rugby before it even starts happening.

Well done to the Scots, it's always good to see the underdogs win (or to see England lose. Take your pick :p )

I'd hate to be somewhat over-patriotic but I think both Balshaw and Noon should be cited.
It was a deliberate shoulder on Hugo Southwell with malicious intent, not only did he lead in with his shoulder but he drove it into Southwells chest.
The Balshaw/Lamont incident wasn't as malicious but it's still an example of dangerous play, he led in with this legs and knocked out a player by kneeing him in the head. In my eyes that is dangerous play and he should be reprimanded for it.

I also think Wilkinson should be at least giving a warning for his shocking dive, it's something that needs to be erased from rugby before it even starts happening.
[/b]

Southwell might learn to run 'around' a player in future instead of right at him.

I fail to see how blame can be attached to Balshaw? Both players put their body on the line on a slippery pitch. No case top answer at all IMO.

A warning for Wilkinson? Wasn't exactly Oscar material was it?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Southwell might learn to run 'around' a player in future instead of right at him.

I fail to see how blame can be attached to Balshaw? Both players put their body on the line on a slippery pitch. No case top answer at all IMO.

A warning for Wilkinson? Wasn't exactly Oscar material was it?

Quite right there was no intent from Balshaw it was just an accident. Wilkinson looked an absolute twat,that and the drop should be enough punishment.

[/b][/quote]

I watched the game with misgivings. England have no cohesion. It's as if they haven't played together. Occasionally something will click as it did in France when we outmuscled the French, but such a 'shape' seems to be temporary, as if it suddenly happened fortuitously. This out of shape, incoherent team travel to Scotland who haven't won a game. They seem to prefer to beat England and lose every other game. As such, England should, by now, realise the sweaties always up their game by about 200% when facing England, and my own attitude would be to front that up by 500% and crush them massively. And they didn't. The Scots deserved their win, they ground it out, took it to England, and actually outmuscled them in the areas England are supposed to be traditionally the best at. On another note, I think the 2003 RWC wasn't of a particularly high standard of rugby, personally speaking. England deserved their win then as they had a good team, Since then they have been in free fall, and their runners-up status in the last RWC was more through desperation and a style of play that saw France outmuscle NZ. Rugby of this nature is very simple: keep the ball, smash the opposition with hard, driving play, kick your penalties.

Turgid rugby, but it own the game for the Scots.

As for England and Brian Ashton? It has to be time for a massive, sweeping, change. Just imagine, for example, Warren Gatland and Sean Edwards in charge of England! What could they do that someone else other than Ashton seems incapable of doing.

My feeling is one of tired disgust........

Wasn't the most thrilling rugby you'll ever see, but it was all guts and passion from Scotland..something we've maybe not shown for a while.

I know England fans will be sitting saying ' oh well Scotland didn't play rugby'. True, we didn't play a fast, wide free flowing game but the best type of game is a winning one and that's exactly what we used yesterday. Played to our strengths and stuck to our task.

We didn't allow England to dominate up front, we didn't allow them much space to move the ball wide. Apart from that spell of pressure in the first half I really don't think that England ever looked like scoring. I certainly never got the feeling that England would score when they had ball in hand like I have done with other teams this year. Our defence was impressive, forced a couple of turnovers, secured our own ball, made few errors, ran with it and didn't just kick it away, put sever pressure on Englandshire's back line and just forced them into playing our style (and I use that word loosely) of rugby.

As i've said, it wasn't free flowing or exciting but it was winning and hopefully now we can generate some momentum.

'We've just beat the anti-Christ, do-dah, do-dah!'

I know England fans will be sitting saying ' oh well Scotland didn't play rugby'. True, we didn't play a fast, wide free flowing game but the best type of game is a winning one and that's exactly what we used yesterday. Played to our strengths and stuck to our task. [/b]

If you listened to Hadden on Five Live earlier today, you'd be forgiven for thinking Scotland were playing rugby even the AB's would salivate at. Methinks after this win, he's officially lost the plot.

If you listened to Hadden on Five Live earlier today, you'd be forgiven for thinking Scotland were playing rugby even the AB's would salivate at. Methinks after this win, he's officially lost the plot.
[/b]
Just admit Scotland is a far better nation then England in pretty much every way :p

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Just admit Scotland is a far better nation then England in pretty much every way :p
[/b][/quote]

You`ve obviously never been to Scotland then.
This is from a guy who lives in Perth the most soleless place on earth. I bet you come back with the weathers good. Whoopyf***ingdo!

This is from a guy who lives in Perth the most soleless place on earth. I bet you come back with the weathers good. Whoopyf***ingdo!
[/b]
First off, I was just doing a bit of fishin....mission accomplished....second off....you've obviously heard about our crisis in the shoe industry...hardly something to joke about....but seriously, give Perth a visit, there is a reason once people are here they rarely leave again ;)

If it's anything like the Perth in Scotland it's probably cause you've been stabbed.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
First off, I was just doing a bit of fishin....mission accomplished....second off....you've obviously heard about our crisis in the shoe industry...hardly something to joke about....but seriously, give Perth a visit, there is a reason once people are here they rarely leave again ;) [/b][/quote]

Please, BLR don't mock the man.
He clearly wasn't talking about shoes and you know it.

...he was talking about fish.

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUzkxtGgJ04&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUzkxtGgJ04&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Mmmm... Fish...

If it's anything like the Perth in Scotland it's probably cause you've been stabbed.
[/b]

Nah, Perth is nowhere near as bad as Glasgow and Dundee..

Latest posts