• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

a win at last. now we just need to use it as a building block and continue winning ways against Italy. Shame that we had to do this with only one game left.

Bloody hell RC, whats with all the searching questions?!

I don't think Wilkinson has it now but then there is the problem, nobody has been prepared properly to take his place. I would say that Ashton really is now in trouble and i will predict Mr Edwards in the hot seat by this time next year.

Bloody hell RC, whats with all the searching questions?!

I don't think Wilkinson has it now but then there is the problem, nobody has been prepared properly to take his place. I would say that Ashton really is now in trouble and i will predict Mr Edwards in the hot seat by this time next year.

Shall I even Bother Ranting?? I don't think it is worth raising my blood pressure over it... Christ England didn't bother to go and play Rugby, so why should I get annoyed and rant about it...

I proposing the searching questions because I want to see England do better.
When England do better, they provide players with more confidence for our Lions squad and also you don't get the egos from the southern hemisphere laughing, which becomes quite tiresome.

We'll soon hear from "our good friends from down under", who will now laugh at all the Northern Hemisphere sides and mock at how a side as "crap" as Wales can be on top of the Championship. o_O Yes, it's ridiculous! How on Earth can we win anything? France, England and Ireland must all be s**t then. >_>

Hey, how dare you mock the SH boys!

They are the inhabitants of THE GREATEST TEAMS THAT EVER EXISTED!!!

Hey, how dare you mock the SH boys!

They are the inhabitants of THE GREATEST TEAMS THAT EVER EXISTED!!!
[/b]
shockoz4.jpg

My bad! :unsure:

Maybe this will cause people in team england to wake up. There is a hell of alot of complacency there and they really did need another kick up the arse.

Pathetic.

Can't think of anything useful to say at the moment, it was just inept.

Maybe this will cause people in team england to wake up. There is a hell of alot of complacency there and they really did need another kick up the arse. [/b]

What's that coming over the hill? Is it the Saxons? Is it the Saxons?

Maybe this will cause people in team england to wake up. [/b]
It wont trust me. Look at us. We did it in the world cup, and were still plodding along at the same level.

<div class='quotemain'> Maybe this will cause people in team england to wake up. [/b]
It wont trust me. Look at us. We did it in the world cup, and were still plodding along at the same level. [/b][/quote]

Good point, I mean, it took us a brand new coaching set up to finally get things going.

And it's Welsh rugby, so god only knows how long this is gonna last!

What really annoyed me despite todays win was after the game the Scottish pundits thought Scotland had played well and could build on this. It was a TERRIBLE game, obviously we needed to win but there must have only been a couple of line breaks in the whole match. This wont plaster over the cracks and i would prefer to see Hadden out at the end of this year. If we get a victory against Italy then its not to bad but we havent moved forward whatsoever since the world cup.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Maybe this will cause people in team england to wake up. [/b]
It wont trust me. Look at us. We did it in the world cup, and were still plodding along at the same level. [/b][/quote]

Good point, I mean, it took us a brand new coaching set up to finally get things going.

And it's Welsh rugby, so god only knows how long this is gonna last!
[/b][/quote]
I think it will last. It's great to see Wales willing to dance the conga across the pitch, but they also know when to get fugly and tighten things up. Look how they've been closing out their matches. And it's not down to any one player - the entire team seems to be on one wavelength. Very impressive.

I suppose the only question is that it's pretty much the same players from last year and the year before - why now and not earlier? But that's dwelling on the past. Good days ahead for Wales :D :) <_< :(

But England did better than the All Blacks in the World Cup! Their players are so much mentally tougher and stronger!

Therefore is it safe to assume Scotland > Australia and New Zealand put together?

Back from tha game - and (from a scottish perspective) what a game!

my first CC tie, and boy im looking forward to the next. ive never had the fortune to witness a rendition of FoS like that before (although granted i wasnt around for the 1990 grand slam decider), and even the renditions near the end were absolutly brill!

As for the game, well even if it wasnt of a great standard it was still exciting (for us) and provided a result we can be proud of. Oh, and the scenes at FT were bri;! :D

and just to top it off, we didnt have to put up with any renditions of 'swing bloody low'.

I know today was merley papering over the cracks at Scotland, but I must say Hugo Southwell's kicking was superb today. The only bad bit for me was the Rory Lamont incident. Now, im not going to suggest Balshaw hit him deliberatly, but he certainly makes absolutly no effort to avoid hitting Rory. Certainly, someone should be telling him to be much more careful in future - you could easilly cause a severe injury in an incident like that. (Indeed, a Celtic goalkeeper was KILLED in an acident not that dissimillar!)

But England did better than the All Blacks in the World Cup! Their players are so much mentally tougher and stronger!

Therefore is it safe to assume Scotland > Australia and New Zealand put together? [/b]

Oh Ripper, my dear boy, you are quite the farceur, aren't you!

and just to top it off, we didnt have to put up with any renditions of 'swing bloody low'.[/b]

Hmmm, I did hear some on the TV. Maybe the BBC was pumping it through to add 'balance' to their coverage?

Didn't see the game but I heard it was a dull affair. Congrats to Scotland. I'm so glad they finally won a game.