• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v England

I have to say While i'm delighted for Scotland. I sympathise soooo much with the English fans. Man it must be frustrating to watch this performance.

15-3? How many people have lost a bit of money on their bets this weekend?! [/b]
Would you believe I actually stuck a sneaky fiver on Scotland to win :) May just make up for the €10 I lost on Ireland :)

You have to smile for the long suffering scots fans though. Another packed out Murrayfield, and another excellent win against the odds.

Well another inept performance from Ashton's England.
I hope the gormless f***er gets slaughtered in the press.

Congrats to Scotland. You wanted it more and deserve your victory :bravo:

Uch, i HATE this forward stuff
[/b]

This isn't even forward stuff, this is just so bad, so poor that I don't even know what they're even doing out there!

England got to the final thanks to good opportunism, a superb pack and allot of tenacity and determination. This game though has none of that. Its just horrible.

EDIT: Congratulations to Scotland for..stuff. Were we even playing rugby out there today?

And now we have the battle of the spastics at Twickenham next weekend!

I want the last 2 hours of my life back. I'm supposed to be passionately behind THIS?

Congratulation Scotland. It may have been painful for the English and the neutral to watch, but you deserved the win.
Party hard.

Well done Scotland, fully deserved win - imagine what would be happening now if England had lost to Italy ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Brilliant performance from the forwards. Mike Blair and Chris Paterson were great, the midfield defended well, the back 3 fielded well. We didn't score a try but until tommorow I won't care.

First win in 6 games in this competition, a poor performance but it was so important to win and they have done that.

f***ing absolutely terrible lol I think Canada could of beaten England on this day

My question now is, Can England justify keeping johnny at no.10?
[/b]
To be honest, how on Earth could he have kept Balshaw in the starting XV up until now?
If Ashton's justification for keeping Jonny in the squad until now was to allow him to become the record points scorer in rugby history, then there is no longer a reason for him to be in the XV. Cipriani is the future, and he must be completely gutted to have missed out on the XV this week for a complete misunderstanding. He needs to start next week against Ireland, it's the last oppurtunity for Ashton to show that England are still a credible force.

Fantastic result for us Scots, a much needed win after three poor performances. A lot of heart on display, which made up for a lack of flair. The lads ground out the result they needed with good discipline, a determined defence and the boot of Paterson.

Hopefully we can take something of this performance to the Italy game!

My question now is, Can England justify keeping johnny at no.10?
[/b]

Well... I'm not one for kneejerk reactions and Wilkinson would have been my no. 10 at the start of the tournament with Cipriani being brought on gradually until considered ready to take on the mantle. Given Wilkinson's below par performances in this comp (his kicking from hand has been very poor and his goalkicking these days isn't what it used to be) I would start Cipriani against Ireland but Ashton hasn't prepared him well at all and so it could be a case of being thrown in at the deep end next week.

Maybe Charlie is in line for a strat next week at 10?

This has turned out to be a fantastic afternoon for the British-Celt sides. Well done to both of them, deserving winners.

Maybe my question should be can England justify keeping Ashton.

...or does the problem lie with Rob Andrews?

Latest posts