• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Ireland

even worse than Marcato's effort earlier on from Fitzgerald. Oh good lord it's Murphy!

I'll definitely take what we have now, cmon lads just eat up the clock now and Scotland kindly stay away from Murphy please

that'll do Danielli. Stringer given man of the match, would have thought Ferris, he's been immense again. Who's commentating for the BBC?

Very exciting game. One of the best games scotland have played all tournament. Good defense work by Ireland and took their chances nicely.

Sets up a good final round!

good second half

good jesus wales were dreadful...

I thought O'Gara played well.. but lets see how he does against wales.

for all the tension it was a good match in hindsight. Scotland's best performance so far, thought they made too many errors in Paris but not as much today. Ireland's defence was excellent, clinical in terms of taking our chances and a vast improvement from O'Gara, needs to keep it up and improve on it next week though. Stringer to stay in, looks like Leamy will be out, but tough on Best if he's dropped, looked solid, D'Arcy looked okay in fits and starts but still needs gametime.

Didn't enjoy it, but we got there.

Kidney hasn't cracked it yet, so I take back my blithering earlier in the thread. Heaslip is the one.

Mind you, rolling up to the MS for an attempt at the Slam is some achievement.

Hate Kaplan, but hate tight defences even more.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 14 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that'll do Danielli. Stringer given man of the match, would have thought Ferris, he's been immense again. Who's commentating for the BBC?[/b]

Andrew Cotter and some Irish arsehole who's nearly as bad as Andy Nicol. He jismd every time Kearney did anything; carefully forgetting his crap kick that lead to Evans' nearly chance (great cover from BOD btw), and also going on about Kearney's ability to chase through and ignoring the fact he was beaten by Cusiter in a foot race...

Anyway, Stringer was a fair choice, he had a good game. BOD and POC are carrying Ireland though, with help from the likes of Ferris and Heaslip. Still not convinced about their credentials as a top team, but you can't fault 4 wins out of 4.

Scotland's 2nd half was f***ing awful. I don't think I've ever seen so many knock-ons, flopped lineouts, loose passes, crap kicks.... the only thing they can do is scrummaging. If we concede a try next week the defence coach needs to be sacked, because Thom Evans is the only Scottish back who looks remotely threatening and he gets **** service.

Scotland still can't score tries, this needs to change.
I would have moved Paterson to 10 for the last little bit, we needed...you know...a good fly half. Godman was good for most of the game but was utter pants towards the end.

Changes need to be made.

Also, if Scotland played like we did in the first half in the second half we could have one.

I've been saying all week we'd most likely get beat, as long as we didn't embarrass ourselves...we almost did, not enough for me to be happy about our performance. I also with Andy Nicol would shut up, every game he's, "Scotland could win this", no matter who we are playing. I wish he'd stop saying that then less people would moan about the fact Italy and England seem to be the only teams we can't beat at the moment.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
BOD and POC are carrying Ireland though, with help from the likes of Ferris and Heaslip[/b]

"Help" from Ferris is rather harsh, he's not far off being the best loose forward in the tournament for my money.

Was a good game to watch, bit nervy and I almost **** myself when Murphy came on. Pleased Stringer and RoG played well, hopefully can keep it up for next week.

Ireland makes sense

Go Ireland Go!!!!!!!

And Wales following .. . . . ..

I like these two teams mostly and they domineee

Amazing :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Murphy is a fine player, have no doubts about him but would prefer to see Earls there. Stringer had a superb 20 minutes at the start of the second half, not sure about MoM though, Ferris and POC were superb. Gutted for Leamy, he was playing really well too. Hope he is OK.

Can't wait for next weekend now :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Mar 14 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, if Scotland played like we did in the first half in the second half we could have one.[/b]

We could also say that if Ireland played the other 60 minutes like they did the first 20 of the second half (where the game was effectively won) they could have walked away with the match.

Personally I dont think Ireland played particularly badly. Tactically they played into the Scot's hands in the first 30 but seemed to smarten up in the second half. They made a few errors and the penalty count went against them, but that was down to the pressure being applied by the Scots. The exact same happened (but in reverse) in the second half. The Irish got a lot more agressive and the Scottish performance suffered accordingly.

Ireland arent as good as some people seem to think we are, and Scotland arent half as bad as people think they are.

Was just looking at the stats on the bbc sport website. They claim Scotland had 3 linouts and won them all. Ueless! I thought this was where the game slipped from Scottish hands, their lineouts were terrible, loosing just about all of them in the second half! They used to have the best linout in the 6 nations, what's happened?

In the first 20 of the second half, where Ireland pulled away, Scotland couldn't get out of their own half, because every time they won a penalty for holding on, they lost the ensuing linout giving Ireland another attackling opportunity which innevitably led to a try. If Scotland can sort this out, they are bulding a very handy team with some exciting runners in the backs who can score tries (at last), and were unlucky not to do so today.

Latest posts