• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs. Italy

Brilliant Scotland!
Absolutely brilliant!
Paterson was Brilliant with his boot, the game was genuinely enjoying and i'm so glad you beat those filthy Italians.
Penalised them for every time they the commited and illegality and i hope bergamasco gets cited for that stupid trip.
And how did Troncon not go off for his stupidly dangerous high tackle?

Comiserations to Italy.

Congratulations scotland!
[/b]

Don't take it out on the italians if wales is crap and lost to fiji. And since u also suck in football, is there anything else you can do in sports???? Maybe darts i guess.

ahh football - can you remind us where italy are in their Euro 2008 Qualifying Group?

ahh football - can you remind us where italy are in their Euro 2008 Qualifying Group?
[/b]

Don't rember much about scottish performance in the last world cups or european cup? when is the last time you qualified?? 1970???

Anyway you know france and italy are going through. Like you know argentinia is gonna beat you easily.

But you can join the welsh for some nice gamea of darts.

ahh football - can you remind us where italy are in their Euro 2008 Qualifying Group? [/b]

Certainly, we are second in the group 1 point behind Scotland and 1 in front of France... don't hold your breath about which team has the easiest games left and it isn't Scotland.

aye, and with a trip to Hampden looming it certainly aint italy either! ;)

im not gonna take this thread any further of track - but i'll finish by saying: you have been warned. ;)

we lose (italy) but our game its great! we wrong with kick at goal but it was great match

Along with Ireland the Italians have really been the biggest let downs of this World Cup.

Along with Ireland the Italians have really been the biggest let downs of this World Cup.
[/b]

This is not football.....italy is not big in rugby, never made it to the QFs (even this year in the easiest group......). For Ireland it might sound shocking but they were in a gruop with 2 of the top 5 fsides in the world. At the end of the day too bad there was such a huge difference between groups, i think ireland is better than scotland fiji and england, it deserved a place among top 8.

aye, and with a trip to Hampden looming it certainly aint italy either! ;)

im not gonna take this thread any further of track - but i'll finish by saying: you have been warned. ;) [/b]

Actually it is as Italy also have Georgia and Faroes at home. Scotland away is pretty minor... last time we played there we dominated the match despite drawing and going 1-0 behind. I am confident if in football we need to beat Scotland, we will... but we may only need a draw which is ok.

France have to travel to Ukraine and In all honesty I like Scotland as a country so I hope you go through ahead of those Frogs ;)

I believe italy showed against Scotland we are a good nation at rugby now. Consider that Scotland IMO have been the more in form home nation in the tests and the current RWC performances. Yet we gave them a really good match and should have won. With not such an old team and only having to find maybe a better 9-10 partnership and 1 or 2 better backs, we look to be a good team which is always improving.

for Italy, its just a shame they werent in Englands group! ;)

hopefully the sun will shine and scotland can complete a great World Cup by competing with Argentina. After the turmoil in scottish rugby over the summer, but with a new coach at edinburgh and our national side doing the business, all we need now is some good magners league performances from our sides and rugby will have recovered from its latest scare in scotland. :D

I believe that the Italian would have deserved to go into the quarter-finals while scotland is a bad team that has not even been able offir any real challenge to the Argentine team