• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Z

Zonerunner

<div align='center'><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhJJuza1h_Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhJJuza1h_Q&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></div>
Sega have just announced the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, with over 40 Mega Drive games (although the majority do appear to have come off the Sega Mega Drive Collection released on the Playstation 2 a while back, and indeed it appears the same development team are behind it), with bonus unlockable Master System games thrown into the mix.

Mega Drive ***les confirmed:
  • Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  • Alien Storm
  • Altered Beast
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Bonanza Bros.
  • Columns
  • Comix Zone
  • Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
  • Dr. Robotnik's MBM
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Ecco II: The Tides of Time
  • E-SWAT
  • Fatal Labyrinth
  • Flicky
  • Gain Ground
  • Golden Axe I
  • Golden Axe II
  • Golden Axe III
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
  • Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
  • Ristar
  • Shining in the Darkness
  • Shining Force
  • Shining Force 2
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  • Sonic 3D Blast
  • Sonic and Knuckles
  • Sonic Spinball
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic The Hedgehog 3
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Streets of Rage 3
  • Super Thunder Blade
  • Vectorman
  • Vectorman 2
I do have some concerns - it does appear to be an enhanced version of the PS2 ***le, and im willing to bet the bonus interviews are ripped from that version. Plus the emulation on the PS2 did leave a little to be desired (perhaps most noticeably in Phantasy Star IV). The multiplayer modes appear to be offline only. And the HD "enhancement" probably wont be anything more than a smoothing function that all classic arcade ***les seem to possess on XBLA (I believe the technical term is 2xSai?).

But... who cares that this will be the sixth or so time i'll purchase Sonic the Hedgehog? I cannot wait. It's been bumped right to the top of my must get list. Already wondering what the achievements will entail...

*shameless Sega fanboy*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 6 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
DECAP ATTACK![/b]
On one hand, I was hoping the first reply would be "PHANTASY STAR! SHINING FORCE!!!"

On the other, Decap Attack was relatively obscure and has an interesting development history, so i'll let it slide.

Was really hoping that Joe Montanas sportstalk football would be on this list. It my old favouite. I still have the cartridge, but no megadrive, my
gf said that 2 ps2s a ps3 a wii and an xbox is enough.

Alas, I wouldnt count on anything retro with a license attached to it to ever be re-released. The cost to relicense everything is usually more than the publishers expect to make back on profit. For the same reasons, the cost to re-edit the graphics to remove the references is also usually too prohibitive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Nov 9 2008, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was really hoping that Joe Montanas sportstalk football would be on this list. It my old favouite. I still have the cartridge, but no megadrive, my
gf said that 2 ps2s a ps3 a wii and an xbox is enough.[/b]

Go to a car boot sale, you'll find a MegaDrive there for £5.

Yeah I know. GF says no, and shes the boss. Shell come around eventually im sure. The problem isnt finding a console, its finding the chords and controllers that arent stuffed, getting near impossible these days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeeJay @ Nov 10 2008, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah I know. GF says no, and shes the boss. Shell come around eventually im sure. The problem isnt finding a console, its finding the chords and controllers that arent stuffed, getting near impossible these days.[/b]

Mega Drive > GF.

Try telling her that. She just won a psp...........(it was a prize at a wedding in japan after some weird card game) and gave ot to me! So, its bye bye mega drive and hell SD vs raw 06 anywhere I want! Still miss joes though.

Latest posts