• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Simple Question: Who Will Win The World Cup?

After the rugby championships I'd have to rate it like this:

1. NZ still strong favorites, but they are beatable 40% chance of winning.
2. Ireland and England next with 18% each, England nudged slightly higher due to home advantage.
3. Aus and SA 9% each, both strong teams when they're at their best but I can't see either team beating 3 tier 1 nations in a row away from home, they aren't consistent enough for that.
France get 5%, the other teams share 1%.

who will win the rugby world cup

All Blacks all the way. The pace at which they play will be too much for the NH sides, including Australia. Also, if you survive and qualify from death pool, at best you will play a semi then bid the RWC fairwell because it would be too bigger ask, for any side. SA, Ireland, NZ.? The ABs would be comfortable playing either of those 2 teams.

I live in Oz it was just a joke so keep your shorts on but at the same time not all of those kiwis living in Oz go for the wallabies when up against theABs. I'd give them 10% wallabies supporters 90% ABs
And POWER NATION Fiji? Samoa? Not been seen as a Power Nation
Argentina although a quality side I sought of don't highly rate
I know it's only a matter of time before they beat the ABs but for now I don't see them taking it all this year
South Africa 95 07 champions so yeah

Um, Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, Blackadder.

I don´t think any of the big teams will have problems playing at NZs pace, since I expect them, along with everyone else, to tighten up their game for the group stages, like they did in the first half against Australia.

Some bloke called Dave, apparently bet $130,000NZD on us not to win it, the largest rugby bet in history. So according to 'Dave' we ain't going to win.

Some bloke called Dave, apparently bet $130,000NZD on us not to win it, the largest rugby bet in history. So according to 'Dave' we ain't going to win.

I really hope Dave is right! For his sake and ours!

Um, Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere, Blackadder.

I don´t think any of the big teams will have problems playing at NZs pace, since I expect them, along with everyone else, to tighten up their game for the group stages, like they did in the first half against Australia.

Playing a tighter game, saved for pool matches and not employed during previous encounters? From my observations, tighter games against the ABs last for 60 minutes max. And yeah, Australia put up a 40 minute display, didn't they.

Dave Dennis or Dave Smith? lol

I would be really concerned if I was that bloke

Everyone seems pretty confident that Ireland will make it to the semis, thus beating France in the pool... Am I the only one that's nervous of this France match? I just have a feeling that they, in classic French style (especially against Ireland), will randomly turn up in full fury and mince us... Could just be my pessimism though, not used to seeing Ireland do so well!

Losing to France in the pools and then beating the ABs in the quarters would be pretty great though. However if that was to happen I dont think Ireland would have the energy to take it to a final.

I just have no idea what to expect anymore.

After the rugby championships I'd have to rate it like this:

1. NZ still strong favorites, but they are beatable 40% chance of winning.
2. Ireland and England next with 18% each, England nudged slightly higher due to home advantage.
3. Aus and SA 9% each, both strong teams when they're at their best but I can't see either team beating 3 tier 1 nations in a row away from home, they aren't consistent enough for that.
France get 5%, the other teams share 1%.

I don't think that Wales will win the World Cup but I would give them a better chance than 1% to do so.

What about the ranking after the Irish defeat?

The winner will come from NZ, SA, Ireland and England; in that order. France, Australia and Wales will have a say in who wins it though, but won't ultimately win it - IMO.

Everyone seems pretty confident that Ireland will make it to the semis, thus beating France in the pool... Am I the only one that's nervous of this France match? I just have a feeling that they, in classic French style (especially against Ireland), will randomly turn up in full fury and mince us... Could just be my pessimism though, not used to seeing Ireland do so well!

Losing to France in the pools and then beating the ABs in the quarters would be pretty great though. However if that was to happen I dont think Ireland would have the energy to take it to a final.

I just have no idea what to expect anymore.

Hi jj. Ireland have a 50/50 chance to beat France and Argentina, not bad odds really. France remain an enigma, granted. Will they bring the "willy nilly" or will they employ more of a eye gouging, scrotum snatching approach. Either way, an abbrasive, in your face, uncompromising game against France is a given. Yeah, think Ireland will do ok.

Not hoof ball boring Ireland or New Zealand.

Wouldn't bet money on France, so either them or the quota excuse Saffers.

I don't think that Wales will win the World Cup but I would give them a better chance than 1% to do so.

And thats why they're only 1% favourites

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't think it's an even share of 1% each
Obviously Wales Samoa Fiji & Argentina are stronger than the rest of the field but no one is backing them to win

- - - Updated - - -

What about the ranking after the Irish defeat?

No change

New Zealand or England...I wish it wasn't so... I say New Zealand ends up making in two in a row.

Actually, from an Irish perspective...

They only need to win '4' games of note and one of them potentially against Argentina.

Might well be possible bar a meeting with NZ.

Latest posts