• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations-Players to Watch

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 26 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for ireland sean o brien is an absolute ox

france i would say bastaraud

wales jamie roberts

england cortney lawes ..probably best tackler in 6 nations this year

scotland...euan murray

italy.......................[/b]

Well that is all very true except we all know the bes tackler will be the same as last year and the year before that and the year before that : Thierry Dusautoir.
Lawes to make Parra **** his pants and miss every pass though. So against England I hope Elissalde starts :lol:
[/b][/quote]
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdORMGUzEqI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdORMGUzEqI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Good times... :D

aw man lawes out in another amazing tackle in that match that in my guess is more impressie as it was on a very big guy and i have not seen it since i saw the match but thats an insane hit

what made it more the sweet was that lawes had taken a punch before this and kept his cool then boom..thats how rugby should be played

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 27 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 26 2010, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wales jamie roberts

scotland...euan murray

Well that is all very true except we all know the bes tackler will be the same as last year and the year before that and the year before that : Thierry Dusautoir.
Lawes to make Parra **** his pants and miss every pass though. So against England I hope Elissalde starts :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Good times... :D
[/b][/quote]

Yup that's what I was referring to <_<
Holy **** he should be happy he can still walk!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wales jamie roberts

scotland...euan murray

italy
Zanni: not an absolute newcomer with his 37 caps but he will shft to no. 8 this year (due to Parisse injury) and I bet he'll play great
Favaro: the 21 years old flanker, if given enough space, could show his skills and talent

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danit @ Jan 27 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wales jamie roberts

scotland...euan murray

italy
Zanni: not an absolute newcomer with his 37 caps but he will shft to no. 8 this year (due to Parisse injury) and I bet he'll play great
Favaro: the 21 years old flanker, if given enough space, could show his skills and talent
[/b][/quote]

I'd say Craig Gower too, since he's technically a 'newcomer' to the 6 Nations tournament. From what I've seen of him he's quite good, might be able to spark a bit of creativity in the backline (like the Gonzalo Garcia try vs South Africa, which is class) so should be interesting. Out of interest, hows Marcato doing? Rated him very highly as a Fly-Half (didnt think Fullback was as good a position for him) in the 08 6 Nations.

Marcato just came back from a long term injury, just played one game in january in italian Super10 but was not part of the squad for the latest European Cup match Treviso played in Perpignan: he's far from being ready for a comeback to the international level

Gower: I'm not confident, I agree about his creativity in the backline but he's not solid - consistent enough, nor in kicking game nor defensively, and he has a dangerous attitude in committing big errors while searching for "creativity", not casually in Bayonne he has been reverted to the inside center position after he didn't show enough consistency at flyhalf

p.s.: Garcia try vs. Boks was brilliant but mainly caused by a huge defensive error by Adi Jacobs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Jan 27 2010, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danit @ Jan 27 2010, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wales jamie roberts

scotland...euan murray

italy
[/b][/quote]

I'd say Craig Gower too, since he's technically a 'newcomer' to the 6 Nations tournament. From what I've seen of him he's quite good, might be able to spark a bit of creativity in the backline (like the Gonzalo Garcia try vs South Africa, which is class) so should be interesting. Out of interest, hows Marcato doing? Rated him very highly as a Fly-Half (didnt think Fullback was as good a position for him) in the 08 6 Nations.
[/b][/quote]

Gower does look good. Offers one thing Italian 10's haven't provided so far, accuracy when kicking for goal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 27 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gower Offers ... accuracy when kicking for goal.[/b]
he was shite in november 2009 TMs (5/10 in kicking, some of them eaaasy, and a bunch of missed dropgoals), being replaced in kickin' duties by Mirco Bergamasco (a real "occasional kicker"...)

Latest posts