• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations-Players to Watch

for ireland sean o brien is an absolute ox

france i would say bastaraud

wales jamie roberts

england cortney lawes ..probably best tackler in 6 nations this year

scotland...euan murray

italy.......................

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wales jamie roberts

scotland...euan murray

italy.......................[/b]
......McLean??? Only decent young player they have...

Sexton, Healy, Earls, O'Brien and Cronin will be the big 5 up and comers getting their chances for Ireland. I'd love to see Carr, McFadden and McLaughlin get their chance but I doubt any will. Maybe McFadden

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 26 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sexton, Healy, Earls, O'Brien and Cronin will be the big 5 up and comers getting their chances for Ireland. I'd love to see Carr, McFadden and McLaughlin get their chance but I doubt any will. Maybe McFadden[/b]
Young Fionn isnt on the squad so will be watchin from home...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jan 25 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 25 2010, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Armitage, after his perfomance yesterday at HQ he's not looking that safe a bet to be picked for the opener against Wales now.[/b]

I'm Armitage's biggest fan, but this is true. Foden has clearly been in form, but what made Armitage better was his kicking/ highball game, which is usually excellent. But I watched the Irish vs Leinster game, and the 1st 20 mins for Armitage were shocking. He dropped 2 or 3 catches, had a kick charged down, and made a meal of an admittedly nasty hit by Horgan.

That's not enough to drop him, but he needs to fix up quickly, because whatever his flaws may be, Foden really is banging on that door.
[/b][/quote]

Let's not be outlandish now guys, Foden could be scoring 8 tries alone each week while Armitages legs are simultaneously falling off, yet Johnson would still prefer the his tried and tested instead of picking the form player. Probably selecting Balshaw ahead of him as "an old head with experience in difficult games".

For England, I agree with what seems to be the general consensus that Lawes is going to be one to watch.
Of course, Johnson is probably going to go with Borthwick and Shaw, with something like Deacon on the bench because he's a moron, but we can hope.
Also, The Northampton invasion of the national squad should continue if Ashton and Foden are given time in the back 3. I have seen those two pull off some spectacular things at Franklin gardens, and hope it can be carried over into internationals.

For the other nations, I'm going to be watching Cusiter, Bastareaud and Earls, whilst also waiting for Warren Gatland to decide what position Hook is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Jan 26 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well all no that MJ will pick a big pack and just pentaly, drop goal from wilko[/b]

You mean he's actually going to get some of them on target this time?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 26 2010, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ozzay @ Jan 26 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well all no that MJ will pick a big pack and just pentaly, drop goal from wilko[/b]

You mean he's actually going to get some of them on target this time?
[/b][/quote]

Don't get ahead of yourself. He didn't actually say they'd be accurate.

ben foden and servat for france ..;servat in my estimation is best hooker going at the moment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ben foden and servat for france ..;servat in my estimation is best hooker going at the moment[/b]
Foden Im afraid is English and will not be featuring for France in the SN... :bravo:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 26 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ben foden and servat for france ..;servat in my estimation is best hooker going at the moment[/b]
Foden Im afraid is English and will not be featuring for France in the SN... :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

excuse my shitty phrasing i originally only wanted to mention foden but then servat sprung to mind so i put him down without thinking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 26 2010, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Jan 26 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to be watching Cusiter[/b]
Cusiter??? Stephen Jones is that you???
[/b][/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but I've been impressed with what I've seen in what admittedly are mostly highlights videos.
He looks like he's got some pace and a decent step and I haven't noticed any problems in passing etc, and I can see him doing well in an improving Scottish team.
I may be wrong, but like I said, I shall be watching out to see how he does.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Jan 26 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also, The Northampton invasion of the national squad should continue if Ashton and Foden are given time in the back 3. I have seen those two pull off some spectacular things at Franklin gardens, and hope it can be carried over into internationals.[/b]
I agree, those two click so well, if they were given time together for England we could see some great things
Monye, Flutey, Tait, Ashton, Foden would be a brilliant set, imo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lucky_number_7 @ Jan 26 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wales jamie roberts

scotland...euan murray

italy.......................[/b]

Well that is all very true except we all know the bes tackler will be the same as last year and the year before that and the year before that : Thierry Dusautoir.
Lawes to make Parra **** his pants and miss every pass though. So against England I hope Elissalde starts :lol:

i like dusoutoire and he tackles well but i havent seen him put in many bone rattlers

Latest posts