• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations players to watch.

Scotty

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Exeter
Who are your nations players to look out for?
And who do you want to see go well this tournement?

I dont watch much URC not sure who's up and coming for the rest of the teams. Or not just up and coming evem older players breaking into the squad.

For England id say Ollie Chessum , Jack Willis and Caden Murley are the ones id like to see take a step forward this 6N and lock down a WC spot.

Chessum is big physical young lock who was going well before injury and think will really shine this 6N if given the chance.

With TCurry out Willis will be key at the breakdown, id put him at 6 even though he is a very strong jackler because his all round game suits 6 better, leaving 7 open for a Earl/BCurry.

Many will say OHC but i want to see Murley get a shot to prove himself. Has been on great form for a while now making camps but never picked by EJ.

Also Dan Cole, who thought he'd be back but Solid scrum and good all round form he deserves his place.

England, I'm hoping Henry Arundell gets a chance to stretch his legs and finish the tournament as top try scorer.
Scotland, Jamie Ritchie's very underrated and I'd like him to remain uninjured throughout the tournament.
Wales, Tommy Reffell to own the seven shirt.
Italy, Ange Cappuozo - enough said.
Ireland, Caelan Doris to be player of the tournament
France, Damien Penaud - best winger in the world

England, I'm hoping Henry Arundell gets a chance to stretch his legs and finish the tournament as top try scorer.
Scotland, Jamie Ritchie's very underrated and I'd like him to remain uninjured throughout the tournament.
Wales, Tommy Reffell to own the seven shirt.
Italy, Ange Cappuozo - enough said.
Ireland, Caelan Doris to be player of the tournament
France, Damien Penaud - best winger in the world
Arundell is not in the squad so will be hard pressed to finish top try scorer.

Jac Morgan will be one to watch out for us but I also hope Kieran Williams starts against Ireland and makes the 12 shirt his. Daf Jenkins and Tshiunza are promising as well as Grady and Hawkins in the midfield.

For England it's the senior players who will be most interesting. Was it the coach or are they actually as moderate as they've looked over the last few years? The likes of Sinckler, Itoje, Manu and Farrell need to lead and show why they've all been hyped as world XV players at various times. Newer blood wise this ought to be a great opportunity for Dombrandt and JVP to nail down their shirts. If there's one Englishman I really want to see fly though it's Willis.

Elsewhere lots of great talent, but it's hard to look past Dupont. All France will be holding their breath every time he's tackled.

Was really bad on the weekend too,
0% tackle completion rate and 2 of his 3 passes killed certain tries
Don't think he should be in contention this 6N, leave him at Irish to get his form back
Long injury lay off for a young player coming back just before the 6N, theres a good chance he was trying to force it, trying to hard and got in his own head, not that anything you said is wrong but i i think in a couple of round he will start to gain form....im still on the hype train.

But very unlikely to feature in the 6N.

For Scotland I'm excited by the scrum half alternatives to Price (who I like generally), Horne is a livewire and we haven't seen enough of him in blue yet.

Latest posts